it does link to c.forward

but you cant do any SA2 after it
you can make c.jab (x2) and then SA2
but its not all that useful

BTW, It seems that a meaty s.Jab can stop chun lis SPB Kick wake up
you can tick throw after that

I have just been to test it like 2 or 3 times
someone correct me if Im wrong plz

My bad, I figured c.MK would have startup longer than the hitstun of a c.LK, and I knew one of them worked. Unless it’s a chain that I never knew about.

Edit: Holy shit, I didn’t know about the other chain either. I must be insane.

Oh yeah, Septimus, c.MK and s.fierce can’t be cancelled into super. And JD says that c.LK doesn’t link or chain into itself, both of which you have listed on the first page.

i think i’ve hit chun out of ex sbk with c.jp once. gonna test it myself.

against makoto ive found that standing lk is your best friend to stop dashes. also dont try to parry her tsurugi kick (well if you parry it is a free super for you), instead go air-to-air fp, it will beat it if you caught her in the peak of the jump.

against yun, id say strong punch is more useful than in other matchups.

finally, against small characters (or characters that crouch really low) always go for the ex flash chop (or sa2) after the close mk cuz the lp version wont hit and they can retaliate.

EX SBK isn’t that hard to stop. A slightly meaty s.hp or UOH will stop it, as will any high attack that’ll hit Chun before her attack starts up (she rises first, THEN her legs start to move).

Gaijinblaze: I might have tried it on Makoto. I’ll try it again and see.

i know about the meaty uoh, just wanted to confirm the c.lp to everyone. anyway, back+hp headbutt also beats ex aegis if anyone finds a use for that.

Actually I was talkin bout standing jab
you can stop her wakeup with it too

ok anyone has the TSF Alex wakeup tutorial vid? If not get it asap, it’s very useful. If any of you guys have it, could you upload it? i had it but a virus erased all my documents, and i really liked that vid (specially the vivaldi music). thanks

ok, I seen this on a RX vid. He hit a Frc.Flash Link to A.Frc.

Normally if you do a A.Frc after a Frc.Flash, you get the Chock Hold, but he actually comboed in the A.Frc Head Butt and it did massive stun.
How the hell did he do that?

The FP flash had to have hit the opponent in the back, so it flipped him around to face Alex rather than the normal away from Alex.

I know, but if you use his A.Frc on a flipped around opponent its a Choke Hold, but he did a Head Butt on a flipped around opponent… :wtf:

toward… away… lol mortal kombat direction names

Just a few questions,

Is there something linkable after f+HP?

What’s the most advisable punch button for hcb+P?

1. I hate Mortal Kombat

2. SA1 and SA2

3. Jab = 7 frame start up, Strong = 8 frames, Fierce = 9…

Fierce does more damage… I still stick to fierce.

Who dosen’t :stuck_out_tongue:

f+HP>SA2 is bloody hard.

Does anyone have tips vs hugo? Can’t rush his ass down. His fat ass basic grab outprioritizes my meatys.

Definitely use jab powerbombs unless you get a parry or land a flash chop. It not only starts up faster, but it also has more range than the others.

As for Hugo, I used to have a really hard time with him (and still do with some of them). Your best bet is to take to the air. Jump a lot (but not predictably, of course), and jump on Hugo’s wake-up if he’s packing Gigas (you might eat a backbreaker every once in a while though). Your b+hp grab has more range than any of Hugo’s grabs, but you should be wary because he can grab your arm with Gigas if you aren’t careful. Don’t stomp. Don’t do too many spiral DDTs either. Your best keep-away moves in this fight are s.mk and cr.mp, but you don’t want to be too predictable with those, or he’ll parry and punish. If Hugo jumps, f+hp will trade with his body splash and, more importantly, knock him away. You’ll take more damage from the trade, but it’s worth it if you don’t get grabbed.

Oh, and NEVER TICK HUGO!! He’ll grab you.

Edit: Jumping hk is good for knocking Hugo out of the air. It’ll beat his backbreaker almost without fail.

omg, finally a use for jHK :tup:

I use powerbomb in that similar way. Its just that I don’t use HP powerb sa much as possible if I know it’s not gonna complete stun bar or end the round. I hate momentum resets… so does Alex.

Shet, I just thought my meaty tick throws were badly timed. It looks like it wasn’t really advisable in the first place.

I rarely use b+HP, too. I kinda thought it was also another fugly resetter. I’ll try it out when things become footsie-ie. Then again, it’s worse when the only option I have is to jump him.

Another question, how does Makoto pwn Alex exactly?

Good advice Septimus Prime

u guys should download the new 3 on 3 vid in the 3rd strike match vids thread. a very good alex plays and gets to the finals.

I’m pretty convinced that 12 has the advantage over Alex. Not only could Zangoefu barely touch Yamachan’s 12 in that vid, but the same thing happened to me while playing a 12. It was just so difficult to stay on him. Command grabs are totally useless and even though knee catches look like they would work well in theory, they didn’t for me (or Zangoefu).

can anyone hlep me get good wit alex?

Yeah, do Crouching Roundhouse alot, you’ll be fine. You’ll beat everyone.