Tekken Revolution FAQ

Ahh gotcha

I’m not a Tekken player at all, but I’ve been enjoying this.

Wish the dam game would give me Alisa already, I got Byran, Steve, and Leo, and the only character I’ve wanted to play since before I started was Alisa, had to play Lili in the mean time and she is pretty fun though.

I’m a grand master at Tekken, so says the game anyway.

Call me crazy but this game does feel more ‘arcade fighter’ than many fighting games. The idea of playing to stay using tokens and such. It’s a very basic kind of feeling, and I much rather play TTT2. But I don’t have TTT2 for PS3 (or 360 for that matter) and as a minor diversion with a Tekken taste, it works. Just pop in and do crap then pop out, which is really the arcade feel I look for in digital titles anyway (Hard Corps, Tetris Splash, UNO, etc).

I also stand by my point from another thread concerning F2P fighting games that this is the sort of thing non-fighting gamers or Tekken noobies could use as a low cost entry to the franchise/genre. It’s still Tekken enough to get the point across and if they want the real thing they can upgrade to TTT2 and see how it’s really done.

THis is pretty much what I thought. It would make sense.

It’s very unlikely TxSF would have the Pandora storyline.

I downloaded this las night… lots of fun … remind me of the time when i played tekken 3 … maybe i’ll get TTT2

TTT2 is a good game.

I wish this was on 360 :frowning:

I’ll be taking questions on characters that give people trouble online, but don’t bother me with lag tactics. Only legit problems in legit connections matches.

EDIT: nvm

interesting how Revolution is the best Tekken since DR sans extra features, the core gameplay is not nearly as sluggish as T6 or TTT2

Which specific mechanics make it better and less sluggish? Elaborate.

I feel like there are too many tards online. too many people falling for my leo hijinks when do real niggas play?

Probably when they put TTT2 in their consoles.

I haven’t played a tekken since tekken three, and all I did was use eddy so my tekken skills are ass, any tips so I can body mofos online.(competition is pretty weak)

Pick Lars
do d/b+1+2

Run up to them and right as they wake up, do it again. They usually will try to wake up with a sweep or roundhouse and that move then counters them… Keep doing it… I got like 20 wins in a row with that nonsense.

And when you feel like doing a real combo:

f,b+2~1, ff, f+4,1,2,1

Easy, breezy combo, no prob.

since all the bad kids are online and dont know how to block, pick paul and mix up between demo man, deathfist and shredder kids

Got any tips for a Kazuya player so I’m not so awful? (besides practicing EWGF)

provided his frame data is the same for revolution as it is in ttt2, f+4 is a good button (leaves them in crouch and is +3 on block), ff+3 is a safe mid combo starter, f+3 is a far reaching mid that gives a combo on counterhit, df+2 is a homing mid that gives a combo on counterhit, d+1+2 (maybe +1 or 2 on hit) and hell sweep are his only lows of notable mention, although if they are blocked, you will die, devil mode (ub+1+2) df+1,2 is a pretty good launcher as its his only mid launcher from standing (16f start up, not safe on block), df+4,4 is a 13 frame hit-confirmable mid (the last hit is -15 on block, so dont throw it out unless you have the fullest intentions of hit confirming) and same thing with 1,1,2 its hit confirmable, but if its blocked, they can turn off the game, turn it back on, and still have time to hop kick you, other than that, work on movement and punishers all of his punishers are hella unsafe except for electric so make sure your punishment is down, then if you feel you can apply wave dash mix ups, you can do wave dash ws+1,2 or electric, or hellsweep or throw (getting the throw and ws+1,2 can be moderately difficult from a wave dash)

punishers from standing:

10f: 1,1,2 or 1,2,2
12f: b+1,2 or 2,2
13f: df+4,4 (if b+1,2 will hit, just use that)
14f: EWGF
15f: EWGF
16f: EWGF or devil df1,2

punishers from crouching:

10f: d+1
11f: ws+4,4
13f: ws+1,2
15f: i think you should get a ws+2 but not really sure, or if you are the most gangster kazuya player in the world, you can do crouch cancel electric

EDIT: even if you know alot of this, there is still a pretty good possibility that someone who is starting to play kazuya dosnt know any of this, so sorry if i bombarded you with stuff that you already knew, also if anyone wants something like this for bryan or steve, i can do that

It’s me, I’m the guy who didn’t know any of this. Thanks for the info.