Tales of Dark & Light: The SNK storylines-Revived

ok, but i THINK that if you play through the game with the japan team, iori is the final boss. i guess for everyone else (ikari, AOF teams, etc.) the boss is geese, which i didn’t know before

KOF '94: Japan Team (they seem to be the only team having a “personal issue” with Rugal as Rugal did defeat Saisyu and all)

Heirden had a personal issue against Rugal… Rugal killed his family!

KOF '95: Hero Team (Kyo + Saisyu and later avenging him against Rugal) with possible interference by Iori (he does say something to Rugal regarding the Orochi power).

Heirden had a personal issue against Rugal… Rugal killed his family!

KOF '96: Hero Team, Yagami Team, and Ikari Team could have all reached the finals somehow, but it ends up being the God Caliber Team ending (I mentioned the Ikari Team because Leona DOES play a big part in knowing her role in the whole Orochi gimmick).

This one has a problem… the boss team is in the finals, so the FF or the Aof team have to be there to fight against them, they have a personal issue against them.

KOF '97: God Caliber Team, for obvious historic reasons.
Ok.

KOF '98: Errr…no.
No.

KOF '99: Hero Team seems to be the only team with a personal reason to fight Krizalid AND we have a different dialogue vs. Kyo (unlike all the others). Whip could have been wandering around, too.
Ok.

KOF 2000: Must have been either the Hero Team or Benimaru Team (because of the Lin/Ron rivalry).
Ok.

KOF 2001: Hero Team, no doubt.

no doubt? The problem with this ending is that it goes against everyone else storyline, usually when this happens it means it is a what-if ending…

about kof Ex Neo Blood: you fight Iori before you fight Geese.

Was Andy supposed to be Geese’s son at some point ?

i looked at lantis’ FAQ, and its pretty obvious who wins each year

the japan team won. if you look at heidern’s bio, it says that he stepped aside and let kyo kill rugal

see above

again, the japan team won. even if the geese team did make it to the finals, it doesn’t mean that the AOF or FF team HAVE to fight them

the god caliber team beat orochi & goenitz, but the japan team beat the new faces to win the official tournament

yeah, K’s team won

actually, there was no official winner. the benimaru team and k’s team met in the warehouse when zero interputted. and long isn’t around in 2000

no. in EVERY SINGLE kof the teams have conflicting endings: they always beat the boss, no matter what. 2001 is no exception. K’s team won, but the team leaders (terry, ryo, kyo, iori) all show up and help out

I kind of recall someone saying (on the thread before the crash) that SNK toyed with the idea, but then decided against it. Which is why there is are vauge references, but again, the idea was ditched by the writers.

Can some one tall me what is the top tier list for the kof story
line. I need to know for a story I’m making.

Tier One:Orochi (Dues Ex Machina)
Tier Two: O. Yashiro, O. Chris, O. Shermie, Goetinz
Tier Three: Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, Terry, Ryo, Geese, Krauser, Rock, Igniz, Zero, K’, Krizald (Main Heroes and Main Villans)

The rest is obvious.

Others: Please fix my tiers, some of it is wrong.

Tier One:Orochi (Dues Ex Machina)
Tier Two: O. Yashiro, O. Chris, O. Shermie, Goetinz
Tier Three: Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, Terry, Ryo, Geese, Krauser, Rock, Igniz, Zero, K’, Krizald (Main Heroes and Main Villans)

The rest is obvious.

Others: Please fix my tiers, some of it is wrong.

Thinks, but I need thr hole list.
P.S.
Isn’t Terry stronger than Gesse,Krauser and Rock?

just to make things easier, here’s a complete list of EVERYONE who EVER appeared in a KOF

Andy Bogard
Angel
Athena Asamiya
Bao
Benimaru Nikaido
Billy Kane
Blue Mary Rian
Brian Battler
Chang Koehan
Chin Gensai
Chizuru Kagura
Choi Bounge
Chris
Clark Steele
Eiji Kisaragi
Foxy
Geese Howard
Goenitz
Goro Daimon
Heavy D!
Heidern
Hinako Shijuo
Igniz
Iori Yamagi
Jhun Hoon
Joe Higashi
K
K9999
Kasumi Todo
Kim Kap Hwan
King
Krizalid
Kula Diamond
Kyo Kusanagi
Leona Heidern
Lin
Long
Lucky Glauber
Mai Shirunai
Mature
Maxima
May Lee
Moe Habana
Mr. Big
Orochi
Ralf Jones
Ramon
Robert Garcia
Rugal Bernstein
Ryo Sakazaki
Ryuji Yamazaki
Saisyu Kusanagi
Seth
Shermie
Shingo Yabuki
Sie Kensou
Takuma Sakazaki
Terry Bogard
Vanessa
Vice
Whip
Wolfgang Krauser
Xiangfei Li
Yashiro Nanakase
Yuri Sakazaki
Zero

think that igniz should be higher, like tier 2

In your opinion, I was wondering who you guys belive was the original hero of all SNK fighting games, who you belive had at first and still has the most potential to become the main character in the KoF story if they were to make KoF 2003, if it isnt in the worls already(even though Kyo, K, and Iori seam to take that title, I think) and who is you favorite SNK fighter.

In my opinion, I guess im a Terry fan, maybe cause he was I guess the original bad ass of SNK, or cause he just kicks ass in the three FF animes, or I dont know, he’s just a bad ass I guess.

My questions dont include any cast of SS simply because, well, their dead, been dead for years, and I dont think any of them are still alive.

Just asking out of curiosity, to see what people belive, want, or who they like from SNK, nothing else.

Well the ‘original’ hero NOT including SS or LB, timeline wise is . . .

Ryo. According to AOF2, he’s the first ‘official KOF champion’.

The problem is the Art of Fighting cast DOESN’T AGE when timeline wise they should be MUCH older when we see them again in KOF.

Ignoring AOF2, the first official KOF champion is Billy Kane who lost the title to Terry during the tournament.

The official KOF storyline itself seems to indictate it was Kyo and Iori, then they were replaced by K’ and the mass-cloning stupidity that was the NESTs storyline.

Based upon the ‘Dragon Power’ storyline mentioned in the past few games, I’m assuming that the next major storyline will revolve around Athena, Kensou and Bao.

For the record, since Athena techincally is the reincarnation of a goddess, SHE’s the most powerful in terms of pure potential.

Currently I’d say Kyo and Iori are. Possibly K’.

Terry and Ryo are slightly behind them, or about Ken’s level in SF.

Terry and Ryo are slightly behind them, or about Ken’s level in SF.

Are you crazy? Terry and Ryo are way stronger then Ken.

For the 100th time can someone please tell me what “Dues Ex Machina” means. A translation please?

Not really.

Terry is obviously the stronger of the two, having defeated Geese twice and Krauser.

YET, neither is anywhere close to Ryu’s overall strength.

Neither is Ken.

Terry COULD BE but he had to take care of Rock affecting his own training.

Ryo likewise has been distracted and DID NOT train extremely hard.

YET, all three are good fighters and extremely powerful in their own right.

Is kof a dream match? Kof 94 was called “dream match” and kof 96 was called “battle of dream teams”, but after that I did not see anything about that subject.

The only ‘dream match’ I’m aware of is the one that follows the battle against Orochi.

Latin/Greek? for God from (the) Machine.

Critics basically use it to say “the author pulled shit from his ass, trying make something happen.”

An example would be Hinako defeating Geese, WITH A SUDDEN POWER BURST FROM NOWHERE! Hinako wins!

i explained deus ex machna over in the fighting game discussions. give me a minute and i’ll find it.

98 is the only dream match

i explained it to you in the gill vs. orochi thread:

"tsj:

deus ex machina = “hand of god”

it originated in those ancient greek dramas by guys like sophocles and aeschylus (sp). basically, the conflict is resolved without the help of the hero, god(s) intervened to solve the problem. actually, the greek plays i’ve read don’t have this problem (many consider it to be a weakness in a drama), but this is what i’ve heard.

if anyone wants to correct me, feel free"

Kof 94 is cleary called Dream match in some advertisings, You can see one of them in www.vgmuseum.com.
I think you did not understand my post. Kof 98 is a dream match, so what happens there has no effect in the kof timeline. If kof is a dream match, this means that what happens in the kof tournments like Terry losing has no effect in the storyline of AoF/FF. When did you see anything from kof appears in a aof or ff game?