Tales of Dark & Light: The SNK storylines-Revived

Kyo, Chang and Choi have all appeared in Fatal Fury.

i see what you mean now. the reason why they called kof 94 a dream match because it was supposed to be AOF versus FF with a few other SNK characters thrown in (the ikari, USA and China teams had featured characters who had appeared in other SNK games).

what they were saying is that this is the first time these characters have ever been in the same game together (like robert & andy, just as an example). i guess that’s where the ‘dream’ comes from because it was such a novel idea to combine all these characters into one game

but 94 is not a dreammatch the same way 98 is; that is, whatever happened in 94 matters in the SNK universe, but whatever happened in 98 has no effect (like rugal’s return)

To tool_28: Ok, You probably are right.

But Kyo, Chang and Choi only appeared in cameos and cameos are nothing storylinewise, so they never appeared in a fatal fury

Actually, cameos only mean nothing in Capcom’s world. They may very well mean a lot in the SNK universe (‘may’ being the imperative word, but still…). Capcom has a reputation for tons of pointless cameos that have no chance of being canon (and even then, it’s mostly restricted to just Street Fighter Alpha 2), but I can’t think of any cameos in the SNK world that contradict anything, and there has been quite a few of them throughout the various SNK games.

Mai appears in Samurai Shodown and Hanzo in fatal fury 2, so cameos mean nothing. Kof has a lot of cameos, like Geese, Mr.big and all their “friends” in Mexico 94’s stage.
Todoh, who is supposed to be missing, appears in all kof until 96… So they mean nothing…

I always wondered if that was just easter egg appearances, or if in fact SNK was actually trying to imply something and that Mai in Samurai Shodown was an ancestor to Fatal Fury’s Mai Shiranai. Since Gen-An fights her and Gen-An’s full name is Gen-An Shiranai…

Also, I know that there is a guy named Hanzo who is a member of Mai’s ninja clan in Fatal Fury. Wonder if they made him look exactly like Hanzo of Samurai Shodown and that’s the guy in the Fatal Fury 2 cameo along the same veins as the ‘Mai’ that cameo’d back in Samurai Shodown.

Guess won’t know for sure. It’s rather strange. I dunno about Geese and co in KOF 94 and Todo in future KOFs since I don’t know enough about the SNK story to comment about how contradictory that is. :sweat:

here’s a quicky:

are igniz, original zero and clone krizalid dead? igniz is probably dead, but the other two are another issue, since they should have been with Long, and Ron escaped alive.

clone Krizalid? The Krizalid that appeared in KOF2K1 is the same as the Krizalid in KOF99. It said in his bio that was released. Dunno how thats possible since he did die in KOF99. But then characters dying don’t mean much since we’ve had more than one character come back from the dead. (Geese, Rugal, Nash, etc, etc)

Whew! For a minute there, I actually thought SNK did a clone of a clone of a clone thing with Krizalid. I was always wondering what was up with him. Though… wow, wonder why there’s no special intro with him and whip or any dialogue or… anything Oo Strange strange SNK Playmore…

in lantis’ FAQ he says that 2001 krizalid is a clone twice: in his bio and in the 2001 plot.

here’s the 2001 storyline bit:
“Another shocking revelation is shown as Krizalid, the advanced
clone of K’ who was thought to have died 2 years ago, appears aside the true Zero. Zero had retrieved the remaining data of the Krizalid project to create another clone of the late NESTS agent”

and in his bio:
“Two years later, Zero, Krizalid’s superior and the one who had punished him for his mistake, once again resorted to the Krizalid project data and created another clone that would help him in his fight against the winners of the King of Fighters tournament. This Krizalid clone no longer had any self-consciousness, but only a zombie-like will to obey his master and destroy his enemies, a mere shadow of what Krizalid once was”

perhaps lantis’ FAQ is not as legit as i thought?

tiamat: krizalid couldn’t have any special intros because he’s striker only

how old are vice & athena? i’ve always wanted to know.

oh God, an KOF storyline thread!:slight_smile:

LOL. I meant, a dialogue between Whip and Zero about him or… something when you fight Original Zero :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe Lantis’ FAQ is made up of conjecture that he could garner by playing the game. It’s as legit as… well, a plot FAQ which you could make just by looking at the games. The problem being, as all these official sources and experience by now have shown me, there are many interpretations of an in-game storyline which differs from what really happened, and there are cases where there’s stuff that happened that’s nearly impossible to gleam from the games.

In all honesty, one of the main reasons the Street Fighter plot guide is remotely dependable is thanks to Saiki and his ability to understand Japanese (though there have been many other contributors, too, of course). I suppose in the end, it’s all up to knowing Japanese, since the American companies are giving us jack squat for information -_-

athena = 18
i think vice was in her mid 20’s when she died

so are zero, krizalid & igniz dead? obviously not a quicky…

hey i got a question. who is k? i mean is he a clone or is someone cloned from him? that damn clone story got me hella confused.

here’s my interpretation. It’s probably off in some places, but I think i got overall story:

after NESTS got Kyo, they examined his DNA and found out what combination of proteins gave him his flame abilities. They took that information and decided to change the DNA of another human being: K’. Since K’ is just a pawn, they figured they could do whatever they want to him. So they went ahead and gave him the flames, but he needs a glove to keep it in check. He has no memory of his past.

i heard that he can control his flames now. one more question is krizalid his clone? i thought i read that in the hreo team ending in kof99.

1. yes, he got rid of his glove at the end of 2000

2. yes, krizalid is his clone

thanks for the info man

Ah yes…AOF 2…some game, eh? First you get that spiffy comment by Geese (that he’s gonna kill Jeff Bogard in order to attain complete control of Southtown), making you believe that AOF 2 indeed takes place about at least 10 years before FF1 happens. Then you get Eiji Kisaragi who is in love with Mai, who (according to the same timeline) must have been just a kid by then. Now, I don’t know if Eiji has a thing for little girls, but don’t you think that AOF 2 is just screwy in itself? I mean, most of the endings are complete jokes (John Crawley, Temjin, Lee Pailong and Jack Turner’s are no better proof), and those which are serious contradict one another.

Let’s say SNK pulled out a SFA 3 regarding AOF 2…confirm some things, deny others. Confirmed: AOF 2 = first KOF, Ryo = first champion. Denied: Any involvement Geese had in the whole story. I mean, in the whole KOF series, did you ever here any of the AOF cast mention Geese whatsoever (aside from Mr. Big), even when he entered KOF '96? Come on, at least that should have sparked a reaction by Ryo and co. (Like “Hey Geese! You escaped last time but now I’m gonna get ya!”), but not quite. So, with Geese out of the AOF 2 picture, you could place AOF 2 wherever you saw it fit in the SNK timeline, and in this case, I think they placed it a few years before FF 1 so the ages could match.

Ummm…maybe I’m not making much of a point here, but let’s put it this way: Geese was involved in AOF 2 and suddenly he isn’t, for story sake.

By the way…about rewriting the FAQ…it just might happen. But I need Saiki to help me out here! What other info have you found in that book that I don’t know yet? I gotta know…now… :wink: