Super Saikyo Dan Match-up Thread

Maybe thats just my reaction, cuz shes constantly throwing lows and then im not used to blocking high when shes suddenly airborne.
Also, pinwheel always beats me on wake up, even if I block it its seemingly unpunishable!

Thanks for the help though.

HP.Koryuken should beat out all pinwheels but the EX version (It should stuff it if it’s an early EX Pinwheel). EX Koryuken should stuff them all. Eventhub’s framedata on her is all garblegook at the moment, but it doesn’t look like any of them are punishable on block.

Don’t fret. You want to be up in her grill anyways! Break out your best mixups (Make her scared of a HP.Koryuken FADC when she tries an LK.Pinwheel) or dash back and reassess the playing field.

I wish I could be of more use, but I’m still sitting in the training room trying to get Koryuken FADC Haoh down pat on a stick. -_-;

Ok ok, so take more risks vs juri. Pinwheel is basically a shoryu that you cant cross up on wake up :frowning: Can knee beat pinwheel? From your suggestions i should throw out koryu on her wake up more. Ill try that more often when I have 2 bars of meter. Only problem is I actually hit it when Im not ready and I dont land the hk dankuu, lol :frowning:

Dont worry, I still mess up koryu fadc haoh in the heat of a match :frowning: I should do more training too… better pop in 7 min. saikyo!

Knee beats Pinwheel every time. Knee might trade with EX Pinwheel, but this is a trade in your favour. Doing a Koryuken against her wakeup is risky and/or wasteful of your meter, when the meter-free Knee works better. :wink: The positioning from the Knee works in your favour, too, since it launches her into the corner. And finally, a closer Knee that hops over her will also dodge her Ultra should she try it on wakeup.

Thats great to hear! Less scared of juri now that I know that knee is my go to for wake up, especially in the corner where she ends up :slight_smile: Thanks a lot guys. I bet I can convince myself this matchup is 5:5 once I get some more experience with it.

Everything Juri does is unsafe, besides her Fireball Kick and Fireball as recovery is pretty bitching on that, it’s just knowing how and when to punish which is the tricky thing.

Dive Kicks actually don’t have great priority but it’s the speed that makes them annoying. A single Dive Kick is punishable unless it hits your feet, just try to throw her. The full load is punishable by anything.
Pinwheels are kinda tricky, I’m not sure what attacks can reach afterwards, reversal KRK probably works against all other than EX but with EX you can interrupt during it most of the time. I actually Knee hopped clean over EX Pinwheel and then kicked her whilst she was still doing it.

Some Seth tips would be nice, most Seths I fight are free but the good ones… my god.

^^^ Im in the same boat. Good Seths…all they really have to do is stretchy arms/ sonic boom, you finally get them cornered and then they jump off the way and headstomp, then you play keep away again! :slight_smile:

Good Seths use insane mix-ups, there’s no real way to be prepared for them other than knowing about them. I’ve mentioned somewhere before that the Sonic Boom > Teleport (behind) on your wake-up trick no longer works due to the increased recovery of teleports, even FADCing the Boom still leaves you open.

I’m not sure if Dan has any good AA jumping normals, maybe j.MP and j.HP but eh, best bet might just be sticking with the light attacks to try and stuff his j.HP. Air Knee should work but you’re free for punishment if they do an empty jump to bait it out.

One mix-up; after an SPD he does a forward dash and jumps at you. Normal jump puts him in range for a cross-up, Dive Kick hits in front and is probably a meaty so he’s able to combo into Hyakuretsu, he could just empty jump into SPD too or tick into it so you’re really at your wits end here.

Remember Seth’s SRK is possibly the best in game so don’t do any reckless jumping at him. Trying to cross him up in the corner gives him a free out (backwards KKK teleport). When you push him into the corner he’ll be looking to wall jump out, that’s when you have to stop him with either a good Kouryuken or a simple nj.MK (nj.MP might work too). I’d also be careful about pressuring him when he has 2 bars, SRK FADC > Head stomps > Dive Kick is good damage and a free mix-up (that’s an other mix-up to be aware of).

It’s a really tough match, you need to be patient and out-think your opponent. Fortunately the Sonic Boom > jump over > Ultra trap isn’t there any more, just don’t Focus or use Gadouken to cancel Sonic Booms if he has Ultra 1 ready.

Solid advice!
I kinda liked the sonic boom ultra trap. They should of left that in and took out his more bogus stuff. Oh well.

They took it out for everyone with a similar fireball > ultra fireball trap. It’s the increased teleport recovery that pissed me off, I really liked doing those wake-up games.

Haha, guess were on different pages, cuz Im glad they increased his teleport recovery time :slight_smile: Although they should have done the same with everyones, cept like bison.

Sorry I haven’t been around, been playing Sakura. I’ll try and get some stuff done tonight, with ya’lls help.

Been playing a lot of guiles.
Lk air knee beats cr.hp. Air grab beat lk air knee :frowning:
Get a knockdown and the matchup becomes 5:5. Otherwise its a bitch to get in. Hes got his hella good sonic booms, and when he throws his pokes with um its tough.
His sweep is horrible. FA the second hit or koryuken/ultra between hits.
When youre knocked down, watch for the simple lk cross up. its pretty ambigious. Basic Guile combo is lk jab to tick throw, or hit confirm to flash kick. I think focus attack to backdash is pretty reliable on paper, but i havent tried it in a match yet haha.
Flash kick beats everything on wake up cept cross ups. If hes got three bars hes gonna throw it out. Bait that shit.

Oh yeah, and Guy’s nickname should be “Grasshopper” as a throwback to Guy and Dan’s alpha 2 rival battle :rofl:

I don’t think many Guile’s will hit confirm into Flash Kick, that’s a 1-frame link to put a lot of faith into a highly punishable move on block, think the majority will just use a Sonic Boom instead so it doesn’t matter whether they score the link or not.

Hm really? Must just be my friend, he ALWAYS hit confirms to flash kick, and lands it!

OK, so I got stuck in an ibuki vortex the other night , the results weren’t pretty. It all happened so fast I’m still trying to figure it out. So, she throws a kunai while jumping at me on wake-up (this has to be blocked high?), then she can either land in front or behind forcing me to choose a direction to block/tech. Also, in some videos ([media=youtube]zoZhPYhLOn4[/media] at 0:13) it looks like she’s still able to throw a cross-up even after throwing a kunai (two attacks in a single jump?).

Are there any tools of dan’s that are useful in this situation? Can I focus attack - dash-cancel away the kunai on wakeup? Is it just block kunai, then choose side to block, then watch for high-low mixup?

I’m really starting to hate that b****ch!

EX Kouryuken, go straight through the kunai (maybe even hitting it) and should smack Ibuki as she jumps at you. Strange, just looked at that old Justin Wong demo and he can get the kunai to not cross-up but whenever I tried it was always a cross-up, I’ll have to practice that a little.

She doesn’t really have a high-low mix-up, her overhead is so slow it’s pretty easy to block on reaction and after the kunai they pretty much always go into the s.LP > s.MP > s.HP target combo.

If you try jumping I think you’ll get knocked down by the kunai, which then should be techable and ruin their spacing for the vortex, it’s a bit of a sacrifice but should get you out of the vortex methinks.

EX Koryuken will get you out, but I don’t think it’ll hit her because in the “proper” Ibuki vortex she’ll be directly above you once you’re able to use your wakeup reversal. She’d probably be able to sneak in a Neckbreaker to knock you down again before you recover from the Koryuken and then resume.

Haoh Gadoken, however, will get you out. As long as her kunai is a crossup (and it usually is), you’ll auto-correct Haoh Gadoken on wakeup when done as a reversal, and because it’s so slow (and Ibuki’s landing recovery after a kunai is equally slow) she’ll fall right into it and be unable to do anything about it.