Super Saikyo Dan Match-up Thread

Forgot to mention: Sorry to say this guys, but i’d almost put money on it that Adon’s Taunts are more effective then Dan’s =/.

His taunt #9 does a shorthop that goes over almost everything. Easily goes over fireballs and can be done extremely late, goes over blanka balls, scissor kicks, command grabs, you name it. Also makes you considered airbourne and can cause some ultras to not fully connect, but then again youd be better off just blocking. Not exactly huge in the dan matchup, but worth mentioning.

But we can taunterrupt! And in the air!
And weve got a jumping on the ground taunt too!

I’m working on the Viper matchup now, anyone want to give a start?

Not one I know too much about but ill share what I know
Careful with focus. its high rish high reward in that if viper does a burning kick you get a free crumple but if she does a thunder knuckle then focus breaks.
Knee on ground and midair should beat burning kicks?
the earthquake move is a bitch. you have to block low, then be ready to block high after they cancel it.

Her AA Thunder Knuckle appears to beat wake-up Knee :frowning: If she flies across the screen after knocking you down then a simple reversal KRK should stuff anything she tries, otherwise it’s a mix-up which direction to block.

Did they say they made her Burning Kick thing a bit less safe?

[Theory Fighter because I can’t play Super competently]
I can see how Ibuki would be a 4:6. She has a lot going for her. Her wakeup shenanigans are pretty potent-looking, and she’s down-right fierce when it comes to higher level play with Target Combo > Ultra. With little to keep her from getting momentum, she’s not going to have much difficulty getting a vortex going. Also, no blocked MK/HK.Danku with Ultra I makes me a sad panda.

El Fuerte. Lulz. Whoever gets the knockdown gets the mixups. Only EX Danku is punishable with Ultra Spark. I’m confident this is 5-5… though I’m interested to see if Guacamole’s hitbox was buffed.

Dudley. We lose out due to his sheer amount of close-range shenanigans. We’re playing in his zone and we’re not winning the footsie war.

Fei-Long. Nothing substantial has changed from what I can tell. Nothing that immediately screams “THIS MATCHUP HAS CHANGED! ZOMG!”

Rose. Her new Ultra scares me. We could pressure her to death before. Now we may eat an Orb or two when she’s getting up, regardless of whether we crossed up or not. The rest of her buffs make this a harder fight than before.

[/Theory Fighter because I can’t play Super competently]

Pretty much everyone I bolded is all about who gets momentum first.

My Dudley is kinda poor but I’ve been on the receiving end of the Dan rush down and there isn’t an aweful lot he can do about it, since they were working in 0.5s I think very least that’s 4.5.
Ibuki in same area as Dudley, if Dan gets the rush down there’s not an aweful lot she can do about it and EX DP still whiffs up close (just like Dudley). Ultra 1 (grab one) can punish any Dankuu that isn’t LK though (who uses that though? :P).
Rose doesn’t seem as bad as 4, 4.5 very least.
El Fuerte, Cammy and Fei I feel are all even stevens, Cammy and Fei have a good DP for anti-wake-up Knee but Dan still has the option of cross-up combo into Knee so meh. Dankuu is the anti-run for El Fuerte, there’s a lot of standing off at full screen :stuck_out_tongue:

Few others I’m not sure about but mainly because they’re new characters or possible could be worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! I’ll re-read and post this stuff up later. Any way for Dan to really escape Fuerte’s pressure game?

And is it at all possible for this to get stickied?

Was playing a good fuerte friend of mine yesterday. Heres my analysis

Run -> press use backdash or block
run/back run -> grab backdash/koryu
slide-> block/koryu/ backdash works sometimes
roll-> think

Backdash is the best choice, imo. Dont get cornered haha.
On a sad note, Guacamole can grab lk knee and koryu. guacamole on their wake up is pretty safe for them. it escapes/grabs a lot of stuff we ussually do on wake up, and its got very little end lag.

You can punish Guacamole quite easily if you haven’t committed yourself to anything, it can grab Knee/Dankuu but often loses to it so the risk is greater to them than you. Also if you walked up to them and did a Kouryuken in their face as they did a wake-up Guacamole you will win, I’m pretty sure of that. You can really bully him with wake-up Knee and Dankuu pressure with little risk to yourself.

MK/HK Dankuu is the Run killer, he runs straight into that and EX Run doesn’t help him out either. Just have to be careful of him cancelling his run and catching you with those throws on your recovery.

how depressing! Dan’s forum is the only one with zero people currently viewing!
anyways, I’ve been having trouble with T-Hawk. It really doesn’t feel like any of his moves are punishable. the dan knee seems to lose to his DP and his swooping eagle thingy.

the only thing that seemed to work was to focus attack his swoops… at least that works against the really gullable AI hahhaha!

any body have an strategies?

Well concerning punishable moves his DP (Tomahawk Buster) is easily punishable, Condor Dive can be punished by HK or EX Dankuu I’m pretty sure, Condor Spire (the horizontal moving attack) is at the very best -5 on hit so you can punish with Kouryuken or throw (not sure if close enough for throw), definately close enough for a s.LP so you could even do s.LP xx Kouryuken or EX Dankuu if you find that easier.

I didn’t realise Condor Spire was so unsafe until I checked the frame data, what good is that move? :rofl:

No idea what you guys are talking about for Dudley. Every Dudley I’ve faced online can only stuff Dan’s attacks with DP (assuming it doesn’t whiff which it does often). Dudley is so free.

I imagine Condor Spire is like Zangief’s Green Hand. I was unaware personally that it was that unsafe on hit, but Zangief’s Green Hand is even more unsafe on hit than that. :wink: It’s a move to try to sneak in close with to do a command grab, and that’s all.

Note: EX Condor Spire knocks opponents down and goes through fireballs, thus again being the equivalent of Zangief’s move.

Dudley has a great pressure game, just like Dan. So whoever gets momentum will usually win the round, however Dan has a solid reversal (better than Rocket Uppercut) so that’s something Dudley has to take into account when mounting his attack but I think once he baits out a Kouryuken with Short Swing Blow or Cross-Counter you might be a little hesitant to throw out more thus giving him free reign on his high-low mix-ups.

Regular Condor Spire I was wondering about, I didn’t read anything about it going through or even hitting fireballs so I kinda wonder use it has…

What does cross-counter beat and what does it lose to?
I mean it makes no sense, it beats koryukens but I beat it with hk dankuu @_@

It loses to low attacks and armor-breakers, I think.

Yup, that is exactly right (plus projectiles too obviously :P) but there’s a little catch that makes it pretty cool. Reversals gain armour breaking properties if they don’t naturally have them, however these reversals will still lose to Cross-Counter, making it a scrub killer :bgrin:

anyone have juri help?? Yesterday played a good juri and just couldnt win :frowning:

Dive kicks are so rigged, way too quick man, and seems to beat everything, cept maybe airborne knee, but airborne knees stupid landing lag just makes me an easy punish. She camps me all day, and when i finally get in shes a combo fiend…of course till she runs away.

Block the dive kicks. If she just does the single kick, it’s pretty safe (as safe as a Danku is), but it also does tiny damage should it hit. If she does the followup kicks and you block them, you’ve got a huge window to punish her, you can easily land c.HP > HK Danku or an Ultra. The important thing is, when at a distance where she can dive kick, to not be doing something to make yourself unable to block them.

Once you’re in close, stomp all over her with Knee pressure, as she has no answer for that. Getting one knockdown should result in her losing most of her life, unless the player in question is really good at defense. Corner her for the best results!