Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

the Nintendo version is still going to have that Alpha 2 wait lag before fighting rounds

Round 1Fight!fight actually begins

All that info was posted on capcom-unity the day of the announcement: http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/10/celebrate-30-years-of-street-fighter-with-the-street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection

They said you can adjust the input delay in the options.

And is Capcom really calling rollback a “new rewind technology?” That shit has been around since Quake.

Ahh yes. One of the rare cartridge games with load times. Still a technological marvel to get A2 on the SNES. Also, just saw that the online casual lobbies are restricted to 4 people. Not cool :frowning:

Ah I missed that detail first time around.

Alpha 2 on SNES, inferior tech aside, was the beginning of me taking fighting games competitively.

Can someone remind me why CCC2 ST turned out to be so shitty? The lag made it a vastly inferior version of the game.

I just hope that doesn’t happen this time around.

Poor resources. Back then no one thought people would notice latency like that so it wasn’t a priority not to mention the tools to measure such a thing weren’t nearly as refined as they are now. Honestly CCC2 might have been the first time I’ve noticed people complaining about input lag.

It was terrible.

During the evo where we used CCC2, all of the japanese players noticed it right away. Ask Zass, he was there lol.

I’m not saying it wasn’t, I’m just saying it was the first time I can remember it being an “issue” in the FGC.

How big is the Memory on the Switch Cards?

How much truth is in this?

Some pretty dumb remarks (“emulation sucks”), but it might be true that they are using emulators. We’ll notice when we see Hyper Fighting; that game goes much faster than normal on an emulator.

Seeing the OP act like a child over it makes me take it for a grain of salt. It wouldn’t surprise me if most of the games end up being emulated. Making 12 arcade perfect ports is a lot of work.

https://youtu.be/QH6v8XQ38yw

These guys are hilarious. If you aren’t running on original hardware you are emulating, full stop. The quality of the emulation is what matters. We’ll find out exactly how good this thing is when it launches.

It just looks like spreading ignorance. Fightcade uses an emulator and I don’t get FPS dips in 3S. And it’s just some old version of FBA. Not even a good emulator. The statement that emulation is inherently bad is bullshit. And ports aren’t automatically better. OE was a damn good port of 3S but still had its own issues.

Well it seems they are using the same build/code for USF2 for ST in this collection I wonder if the bugs are fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did you see that?

To be the guy who would not get a collection because it’s not a 1:1 build of something from tech that in some cases don’t even exist anymore, or simply doesn’t play well with modern engines. It’s just never going to happen. There’s always gonna be ‘something’ off.

I totally understand how bizarre it is that with all our advances, we have trouble getting 20yo apps to run 1:1 on modern consoles. One might say it is… inexcusable. But such as it is, folks. We’re getting the biggest collection of SF ever.

I still got most of these games at home for my SNES Dreamcast etc.
but Im gonna buy this again, so hyped for alpha 3 online