Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

It’s been a while but,IIRC you can’t crouch cancel in the DC version. Definitely works in the PS1 version tho.

Yeah A2 getting no online is weird. Hopefully they can introduce it down the line.

I will be fun to take Vism into a training room though and I’m pumped about the prospect of Hyper Fighting with good NetCode.

Good stuff capcom!

Am I the only one not crazy about the designs being used to crop the screen to 4:3? I would be happy with plain single colors, or simple patterns. Something like what HDR and 3SOE did.

Maybe there are a few we can choose from… Hopefully.

This

What are some good joysticks for Xbone?

That is the best port of ST out there but still has some issues. Even with the dipswitches set correctly the speed the game uses before the “Round x Fight” is set to Turbo 0 which is jarring, plus a few other oddities (Screen aspect ratio is off slightly, some new character bugs).

I am hoping for this. I am just excited my favorite game 3S is going to get revitalized once again. Fingers are crossed it will be the best port thus far, I know the hardcore players will most likely still refuse to play on it. I can’t afford a cab or supergun with boards so I will take what I can get.

I’m hoping this will have GGPO, but the way they just refer to it as “rollback netcode” instead of saying GGPO makes me think it’s their own in-house netcode.

Also no SFA2 online? That’s really disappointing.

When they say it’s arcade perfect, I think they probably mean “using a cps2/3 emulator and arcade roms” and that’s probably it. Hopefully the input delay will at least be comparable, if not better.

You need to get a ps4 so we can play 3s, girl.

Hyper Fighting with online is great news. Emulation for that game is pretty wonky.

It sucks that SFA2 doesn’t have online play but its ok because I like both A2 and A3, also Ryu’s theme song from A3 will be a joy to hear again while engaged in battle…can’t wait for the pre-orders to start.

SF3 Alpha is online? This is going to be fun seeing so many noobs dc.

I am so happy to have all of these classics in one. I’ve been wanting an Alpha 3 for consoles since last gen, so it’s nice to see it become a reality. Sucks that Alpha 2 doesn’t have online. That would’ve been awesome.

I can’t see why it couldn’t be added later if we make enough noise about it.

A question for those who were around during the competitive yrs of Alpha 3: was there ever a version featuring the console characters that was played competitively?

Most of my experience came from playing the Arcade version, the PS1 port, and Alpha Anthology on PS2. I’d like to know how this game was played in a tournament setting.

No.

Console versions of games weren’t even taken seriously for tournament play until post-2000, because that was the first time ports were very close to being arcade-perfect. Up until then console versions of games included hardware sacrifices, even when the ports were “good” (loading times, resized characters/stages, dropped animation, slowdown etc). On top of that there were often character nerfs and other gameplay changes.

I don’t think Evo started using consoles until 2003 or 2004, which was 5 years after A3 was released. Even then, there were some strong negative reactions when they announced it.

Japan still plays A3, because arcades didn’t die off as quickly there as they did over here, and so there was always a central place to go and a uniform version of the game. Zero 3 Upper was released in Japanese arcades, but everyone seems to prefer the original version, as is often the case with “fixed” games.

Sad days, no street fighter the movie the game listed in this collection

With MadCatz dead only Hori and Razer make official sticks IIRC. Hori sticks come with their own proprietary joystick and buttons while the Razer comes with full Sanwa. If you’re used to Sanwa the Hori sticks/buttons are fairly similar but there is a usage curve to get used to. If you want to go custom, can’t go wrong with a Brook Unversal Fight Board pcb (compatiblity with PS3/PS4/XB360/XBone).

I know there is a high likelyhood of this being a joke post but I’d imagine there are licensing/royalty issues abound for this game to see a re-release. Not to mention the negative connotation the movie brings.

More details from EventHubs

Is that rollback then?

Sounds like it but we can tweak the input latency right?