Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Oh my fucking God.

This is a miracle. I get my baby 3S on console, with online play alongside all these other legendary games.

They should’ve sent a poet.

I find it odd that Alpha 2 Gold is being left out. It had an arcade release.

If it means no Ingrid. I’m fine with it.

I prefer ST over Hyper, all day everyday. Hyper is fun don’t get me wrong but ST is perfect and the best SF game IMHO.

CPS2 A3 is basically all we’re gonna get I bet. No upper characters I’m afraid at less they port the Naomi/DC game, better yet the Saturn port which runs under a “CPS2 Environment” sort of speak. However CPS2 A3 is the best, plays the best, clean, no 3D hitboxes and what have you.

Alpha 2 not having online hurts, great game. I’m one of the few that prefers 2Gold/ZeroAlpha. Playing on fightcade is always fun, some prefer A2 over 3, I’m right in the middle, both are great and different enough to make it worth playing both.

I’m glad they are bringing Hyperfighting with online play, it deserves to be played like back in the days of XBL, fun times.

3rdS is heaven gameplay wise. Always prefer the way 2nd Impact stages and BGM looked, if only the stages from 2ndI were available on 3rdS, I wish they made that DLC for 3rdSOE like they did with the 2ndI BGM.

They better have at least a minimum of 4man lobbies. Im hoping HDremix & Ultra gets an unlock but im guessing they are saving that for the definitive 50th year anniversary release. Online is fine but what’s the point if they have no lobbies to play with your buddies & randoms.

This collection needs to have Rainbow Edition as a secret unlockable.

very poor decision. shoulda went like this:

sfii anniversary collection - should have been ps2 version but with the uncut version of sfII movie instead of censored one with hd remix selections now.

sfiii collection - should have been one game just like the sfii collection. picking a character version would show that version’s ending and have their skillset for that game.

sfa collection - should have merged the ps2 version with the psp version. have all the features and characters from the psp version of a3 but have all the secret playstyles of the ps2 version.

seeing that sf3oe was missing the system direction options from the ps2 version and controller rumble, looks like they would exclude from this as well. and I HATE reselling inferior games when there are already better versions…

I also wonder what they have access to. Alpha Anthology carried over arcade ports and also added training modes and other basics, plus a few bells and whistles. Are they starting over from scratch, or are the modifying something they already had the rights to?

Similarly, 3S Online already exists, so I wonder the same about that. It’s too early to know the amount of ambition here.

There’s also the Nesica arcade re releases, though I read there were some input delay issues.

And perhaps this is naive, but I wonder if A2 would be that hard to add online for? Once A3 is up and running, aren’t you talking about 90% the same setup on the dev side? Budget/schedule permitting.

On A3: Naomi sprites were pasted into PSP version and did not look good. Yun was like a foot taller than Ryu. Dumb.

I do understand that people want the extra console characters, but hoping for regular A3 Upper or the modified Alpha Anthology version is probably more practical.

Every version of Alpha 3 is different. As far as I remember:

Arcade, PSX, Dreamcast(?), Saturn all have crouch cancels and infinites. Console ports have various assorted nerfs to characters, animation cuts (PSX especially), and I think DC version has some input delay. New characters added. Different bonus modes between the various ports. DC version also buffed Guile, who was garbage on PSX & Saturn.

Upper is an arcade rerelease based on the DC version, released on the Naomi hardware instead of CPS 2. More character changes, V-ISM invulnerability nerfed (I think this started in DC version?), crouch cancels removed, A-ISM characters build meter faster, etc.

Don’t know anything about Double Upper (who would?). A3 Max is PSP version of Upper, with the Eagle/Maki/Yun/Ingrid sprites added from CvS2/Capcom Fighting Evolution.

Alpha Anthology is a PS2 compilation of the arcade version, plus a version of Upper with the first set of console chars (Guile, E.Ryu, Dee Jay, Fei, Hawk, Shin Akuma, extra Balrog, Final Bison) but not the Max ones. Also includes Hyper SF Alpha, but loses most of the single player content from earlier home versions (World Tour mode, etc). I think this version has a DIP settings menu that allows specific flags based on different arcade revisions, including crouch cancels?

I’m pretty sure that was the PS1 release due to the lack of memory.

They can just easily use the Upper version of Alpha 3 from SF Alpha Anthology on PS2. They have the source code for it.

Plays exactly like the Arcade version of Alpha 3 with no loading times whatsoever, but with even more characters (being Guile, T. Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay & Evil Ryu along with other characters being playable without having to go through cheat codes to access them).

Oh cool. For some reason I thought Alpha Anthology didn’t have Upper. Might have to track that game down at some point.

ST on DC?

Yeah but most of the time those random players are gonna be on shit connections and probably even rage quit on you.

They said they wanted “arcade perfect” stuff, which leaves out 3SOE.

[Warning! Wishlist ahead!]

I hope that Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper, Hyper Street Fighter 2 (With fixes from Capkore HSF2), Street Fighter Alpha Anthology Content, Hyper Street Fighter Alpha with Endless Arcade attack and many stages, Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers Series be unlockables (Or DLC at the bare minimum?)

I like Street Fighter, I personally enjoy the series and I am willing to pay for additional content just so that I can get away from Emulation. I am willing to pay around $25 USD for the Street Fighter DLC, Another $20 for Darkstalkers, and possibly $10 for CP System 3 game Red Earth.

Alternatvely they can make the games I am suggesting unlockable with the requirements being you have to at least beat the games regardless of if you encounter the secret bosses or not just so that you prove you’re competent at the games.

For instance, unlocking Sega Saturn Alpha 3 will have you to just make it to the final boss and put up a good fight, win or lose. Hyper Street Fighter 2 will be unlocked if you beat the 5 versions regardless of how many continues you use and regardless if you fight against Akuma.

Darkstalkers Chronicles + Darkstalkers Collection (Darkstarkers, Night Warrior, Vampire Hunter 1& 2 and Vampire Savior 1&2) will be unlocked if you play and beat all the Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter Alpha games regardless of how many continues you use.

Pocket Fighters will be Unlocked if you play all the default games at least five times.

Red Earth will be unlocked if you can at least make it to the end boss of any Street Fighter III games.

Hyper Street Fighter Alpha will require you playing and beating all of the games.

That’s all that’s running through my mind but I hope Capcom doesn’t skimp on the content and start the new year with a fighting game boom!

Bout time now release MvC2 again pls Xbox or somebody stole the game from my HDD and i cant redownload it

Lack of HD Remix is disturbing, but still a day 1.

Rocket League on Swithc has crossplay with Xbox One and PC. Only Sony opted out of the crossplay agreement.

I’m super excited for this collection. I am sad that A2 doesn’t have online because it’s my favorite SF title. The upside is that I haven’t played much A3 so it’s a new game to me.

I hope Capcom includes scanline and pixel perfect modes.