Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Fairly flawless for me so far with about 150 ranked matches played.

1 Like

So does this have true 4:3 support on Steam?

Like 4:3 CRT monitor support? Good question.

Also on steam, have not had it crash yet.

Anybody with a dual boot OS? I’m curious if there are noticeable differences between how the game runs on Windows 10 vs 7 etc.

no, it doesn’t. game assumes you’re using a 16:9 display. using resolutions with other aspect ratios just results in big black bars around the picture. here are some screenshots I made, presenting the various graphic options of the game and how it looks if you’re using a 4:3 resolution:

one wacky way to deal with this is to add a custom 16:9 resolution for your display and set scaling to fullscreen in your GPU driver resulting in a squashed image. in the game set “Screen” to “Wide”. this will blow up the image to the entire 16:9 resolution ultimately resulting in a 4:3 fullscreen picture on your display.

I think the game executable got some memory conflict with something not sure what I opted out of the stream beta and started using the official build no crashes so far.

I love this post. This is amazing.

If you go in on Sf3 2 with the widescreen video option can you shrink the characters even more?

well the widescreen mode of 2nd Impact gives you a proper 16:9 image. this is different from the screen option “wide” in the settings. it has to be selected in the sub menu for this game before starting it, making the three screen option from the pause menu ineffective. I don’t see the point in using it on a 4:3 display though. some more screenshots showing both modes of 2nd Impact:

Because black bars are gross…Some people have arcade cabs and would like to stick it in their cabs.

I meant why would someone wanna use the widescreen mode of 2nd Instinct on a 4:3 display? it will result in a horribly distorted image. it’s supposed to be used in conjunction with a 16:9 display.

got both versions now and overall the netcode is better on PS4 than switch
80% of all the matches I run on switch are laggy
only 25% of all PS4 matches are laggy

2 Likes

May also be an issue of who you’re playing against on Switch. I imagine being a portable system the majority of people playing switch are on wifi.

5 Likes

Having all the iterations of Street fighter at my fingertips, I find myself enjoying IV the most. I would’ve said off the top of my head that SSFII or Alpha 3 was my favorite but I forgot how much fun IV is.

1 Like

This weird i check to see my rank and would quickly show and then disappeared. I go to the top 50 I don’t see my name either. Does anyone have a ps4 see if I’m ranked in hyper fighting? Tag is baklakiller

This is how my screen looks w top 50

Same thing happened to me. I go to my rank and it disappears

So, conclusions thus far is that ST / HF is still fun and very playable, at least offline.

2 Likes

Unfortunately right now only Xbox 360/Xbox One controllers work correctly with the game on Steam. They only have drivers correctly set up for Xbone/360 controllers on PC for whatever reason. I just found that out and remembered that the PS3 Hori V3 I use also has a modded Xbone controller in it. Plugged that USB in and it works like a champ.

Hopefully they fix the X Input stuff soon so people can put their PS3/4 stuff in without a problem finally. It’s all jacked up on PC with PS PCBs ATM. It’s obvious PS controllers are jacked up when you have to hit the square button to start the game instead of the X button.

I forgot Fightcade automatically saves all your matches. So in that regard, it has a pro over Street Fighter 30th.

I really wish this game had cross-platform play, it’s begging for it. It would open up the player base a ton.

1 Like

Have you tried using X360CE? I’ve used that frequently to use my WiiU pro controller, Switch pro controller, and other controllers with games that only supported the 360 controller.

I don’t have the PS4 version but try changing the filter (which appears to be Square from your picture) to showing your ranking compared to friend’s. Maybe that’ll give you an idea of where you should be?