Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

To spectate the match live you have to hit the spectate button before it starts, otherwise you just get the health bars etc. I did see a recurring glitch where the match I was watching would speed up to get in sync like SF5/Xrd etc, but then the audio would be out of sync.

Did see players in lobby getting bumped like it wasn’t their turn, as you mentioned. But I couldn’t tell if it was the game or just on the player end.

2 Likes

@TS aww thanks bro, don’t know why I didn’t notice the spectate button. Too busy staring at the health bars I guess! lol

One other thing I wish they put in is “Confirm to Exit”. A few times our overzealous button mashing between rounds has caused us to leave the lobby by accident. That’s an easy Front-end UI thing they can fix.

1 Like

Played some ST on Switch:
-Online can be hit or miss. I have the same thing, if it’s a laggy match, the sound skips a bunch. It seems to be okay most of the time.
-Some people might be accidentally declining rematches, I know i have done this tons of times. I keep getting confused as to whether “NO” or “YES” is highlighted. I have had to memorize that whatever option is red means you selected that one. 3 rematch limit in ranked, same as Ultra Street Fighter 2. Is that capcom standard?
-I was able to get a RANKED match fairly quickly most of the time. There didn’t seem to be too many lobbies. I only saw 4 lobbies between like 9pm-12am Pacific.
-For some reason the turbo setting differs in online. Single player it is set to turbo 1, but online play it is set to Turbo 2. I guess since I’m so used to playing Ultra Street Fighter 2 (which I think was slower than normal ST) and Turbo 1 from late GGPO days and Fightcade, Turbo 2 on here now feels pretty fast. Just something to get used to.
-Most the people I played seemed to have decent skill. I’m not sure if that means the matchmaking was amazing or all the people picking ST have a fairly good idea of how to play. I’m curious as to whether Hyper Fighting is the same way.

EDIT: I guess this would ruin the “arcade perfect” part of it, but having to repeatedly play on Jamaica really starts getting tiresome. Getting the different stages in Ultra Street Fighter 2 was really nice for my sanity.

1 Like

got the switch vers today, netcode seems the same
I DCed on 4 matches today which were so laggy and unplayable, after match no4
a little window popped up

" on your next DC you will get punished "

cool capcom, you don’t give us the choice to search for 5 bar good netcode players
and when we get automatched into a laggy match we are not allowed to disconnect?

When you press the PS button you lose connection to your opponent. This game actually has a ragequit button, how novel. Just like in the arcade. Capcom really thought of everything.

you complain that there is a ragequit system? just press forward, hold the shit connection L and move forward to the next match.

I got my PS3/PC Cthulu Hitbox to work, but the diagonals don’t register as a diagonal. For example if I press left then up it will only register up, but if i press up then left it will register the diagonal direction correctly. This happens with all the diagonal directions. I tried doing Ps4 emulation within steam, but that didn’t fix the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Played a lot of XB1 and PC last night. XB1 ST and HF ranked was haphazard, got a lot of what I assume European connections that ran horribly (west coast US here). The netcode seems similar to Hyper Fighting on XBL where the connection slows the game down to match the ping between players. Maddening. PC ran super smooth on both ST and HF. Both machines were running on 100Mbps cable internet via ethernet connections. So weird that they aren’t even using the netcode from USF2. Here’s hoping Digital Eclipse isn’t done tinkering yet.

1 Like

The majority of my online matches have been terrible. I think I get matched up with people in mexico or something. Haven’t spent any time with local matches, which is my main concern.

On Xbox (also west coast) I’m getting 2-3 decent matches and then 1 absolute unplayable garbage connection. Only played 3S yesterday.

It seems everyone across the pond has connection issues, is American internet bad or something? I think the netcode is one of the few good things in this game.

HF is the right speed, but ST seems very fast. Is that just me?

It would help tremendously for Digital Eclipse to add ping (or even the generic cell phone reception icon from USF2) notifications and to be able to sort connection by region. I have no desire to play 160+ms ping matches ever.

1 Like

Oh yeah, no argument there. It’s pretty retarded that you can’t filter for connection in ranked matches.

I don’t know guys. I mean, we can’t really check anything since neither the location nor the ping to your opponent is displayed. playing on PC here in Europe and netplay experience has been really great. from what I’ve heard the PS4 version has bugged netcode where the rollback is not working properly resulting in stuttering matches.

I was watching Axel’s stream, and it seemed that he was having way smoother matches on PC vs my experiences on ps4.

1 Like

All of my observations have been in relation to A3. In fact, I’ve found Xbox to be slightly laggier than pc and PS4. I tested the other games and you can definitely feel the input delay. Like you said, it’s not at all terrible, but noticeable.

How does rank work? When i play my match it showing i have a green belt w/ 500points

I went to check my ranking & seem like i have a higher ranking then some of the top 50 players but im not showing up. I went to check my profile & doesn’t show any info.

This is for the PS4 & ST.

You going to be at Northwest Majors?

Only way Pablo goes to these events if its a spandex only event.

1 Like

Is ST going to be there? Are you coming up?

I am really out of touch with our general fgc up here. I never know until the last minute whether or not they are doing old games.

LOL at Rcaido. Mostly true.