Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Good to know. Ill update tonight and see how it goes. Thanks

an update to this. i tried to update the firmware and got a “final checksum error”
i don’t know what that means.

I have a hitbox ps3/pc (one of the older ones). I bought the steam version of the game and when i go into the street fighter controller settings it doesn’t recognize my controller at all, none of the buttons register. Do i need to do anything special to make it work? I believe the PCB is the Cthulhu board

Try to run it again

I did. Like 5 times. Got the same error every time at the exact same moment in the progress bar.

try big picture mode and set it up there before you go ingame.

You mean in the steam controller settings?

its not just for the steam controller.

I will try that when i get home. I thought i might have to use joypad or x360ce. Thank you

Since you haven’t used it since S1 of sfv, you might need to do a few old firmware updates before updating to the most current one.

Check on the brooks download site for more detailed instructions.

Worse comes to worse, update to the 2nd most current firmware, and if that doesn’t work 3rd most etc. After you got it to update, then try to update to the newest one.

Sometimes when I do cr. forward after Blanka’s vertical roll it goes the wrong way, hitting only air. I had this in HSF as well. Never happened in HF for the 360, and I don’t think this is in the arcade version either.

Xbox leaderboard already has a “black belt” in Super. 2500 belt score/ around 500 wins with a few losses. Guy probably uses Akuma.

For stick chat earlier the Xbox razer atrox stick maps to d pad and can’t be changed to left or right analog. I’ve had no issues with any input. Diagonal is fine.

Matchmaking on X1 so far has been very solid on ranked and lobbies.

I have had some lag though and you can usually tell immediately before the game starts because the sound gets fucked up first from my experience.

Lol he’s a tourney player here on the east coast, definitely not an akuma user.

1 Like

Matchmaking is definitely really fast and most of my connections have been solid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the number 1 guy doesn’t use Akuma. I haven’t ran into an Akuma yet online and I’ve already watched a stream where a popular streamer had trouble doing the old character codes. Some people probably don’t have the execution to unlock Akuma lol

1 Like

Nobody rematches in third strike lol

I got a series with some Makoto dude. Bossed him with Twelve in the third match LOL.

I guess I have been pretty lucky with the online since I’ve found very few laggy matches. Lag probably helps scrubs fuck up the Akuma code because it messes the whole 3 seconds waiting on the character slots LMAO.

It’s Marsgatti. He’s likely the best Guile player outside of japan.

Steam notes from today-

Full screen has less input delay than windowed mode;
If you want to invite someone to a lobby you have to go into windowed mode to see your mouse cursor;
You can’t return to full screen mode without exiting out to the options menu.

I also think there might be less input delay turning off vsync and setting the filter to off, but my mind might be playing tricks on me. If real, not as noticeable as the fullscreen/windowed difference.

Definitely some input delay even offline. Not crazy but noticeable. I’m hearing 3S players complain the most (…), but it’s there with Alpha 3 also. Have heard fewer complaints about the older games, like HF and ST.

edit: online feels good when it’s good. Like almost like less delay than offline? Again this could just be me. Actual research needed.

4 Likes

I usually get rematches in 3S, but if my ST Guile pew pews them too hard the first match, they decline that rematch quick. New kids dont like the pew.

Been playing a bunch with my old fighting crew in Canada, private lobby. Lag-wise from Southern California to Vancouver BC, it was great. Nice quick connections and no drops. We were playing on PC.

Pros:

• Quick turnover. Each match ends and you’re quickly in the Lobby queue ready to start again.
  • Each player picks a game after “Ready Up” and it randomly chooses between the two games
  • Input lag setting is a nice touch to combat different LCD’s
  • Scanlines and Screen fx look good. No odd or weird looking scanlines

Cons:

• People in the lobby can’t view your match in-progress. You only get to watch life bars and rounds won through the lobby screen.
  • There is a bug that doesn’t put the person waiting for next match into the Ready-up. We had a few times where we had to reset the lobby and re-invite people because the same two people kept getting queued to fight
  • No clear way of disabling the screen-fx or borders
  • Alpha 3 feels bad, like the emulation isn’t as good as 3rd Strike or ST
  • Lobby limit is 4 players. I guess Capcom thought that players only have 3 other friends MAX that would want to play.

Overall I like the collection, I’ve yet to try Ranked yet though, but I feel they could have fixed the lobby system a bit more before shipping. Hopefully they’ll do that in the following patches.

1 Like