Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

well, my first match ever was wonkey as fuck and i looked up where my opponent comes from since i heard how good the netcode is. he came from the us while i am from europe…sorry but no netcode so far lets you play with everyone world wide without some issues. not even a really good one.

i for example have always issues when i am connected with italians. i dont know why but its the case on every fighting game so far no matter what the connection bar says. filter options are always a good thing no matter how good a netcode is.

PC version launching in a few minutes for US

1 Like

Cool thanks for the link, not sure yet if ill buy Steam or just stick with the PS4.

After toying with this collection last night and early this morning:

The offline portions of the games appear to be fine and accurate to the arcade ROMs. I haven’t encountered any major bugs. The museum mode is actually freaking awesome and rather detailed.

Online is one giant cluster****. Bad lag, glitchy music, overall choppy as hell. For some reason you can’t sort your connection status and get 4-5 bars only matches. Also, online lobbies are really screwed up right now. Simply clicking ready can cause the system to bug out.

Finally, it has been awhile since I played Super Turbo, but is the speed correct? I really seems a bit faster than it should be.

Edit: Also legacy support should really be patched in. It’s kinda weird having it in the SF4 and SF5 on the PS4 and then not having it here. Also, I seem to keep getting disconnects when trying to play 3rd Strike. It’s getting to comical levels now.

Def some hard input delay in 3S online on PC and it doesn’t even recognize sticks correctly. Diagonals dont register unless you switch to left stick mode. If your stick doesn’t have analog function basically can’t play.

If they fix the input delay overall the good connections didn’t have much stutters and 3S ran better than fightcade so i’ll live. ST wasn’t terrible either. Fix the controls stuff too hopefully

More online review. Played a guy from Brazil and it felt pretty smooth in HF/ST and A3. 3S was also surprisingly more solid than a couple of the people I played in ranked, but it definitely feels like a bit of a delay is going on. Plus the arcade version runs slower too which kinda throws me off. Overall though if I could play somebody in Brazil with almost zero stutters probably gonna be pretty solid overall if they optimize.

3S definitely ran better than fightcade. None of those weird skips or black bar crap.

What games have online capabilities?

AFAIK, it’s 3s, A3, ST.

Anything else?

Hyper Fighting.

1 Like

Is that a common thing? I always thought that virtually all sticks had analog support first and thumbstick emulation was something you got if you were lucky.

I’m kinda salty they included HF for online play but not 2i and A2. Even number games da bess.

My old Marvel 3 HRAP doesn’t have a left/right stick function so I can’t set it up to work with the analog that seems to only work on PC so far.

I just had my stick drop inputs while playing arcade mode in 3S. It wouldn’t registered anything (including home button) but downleft. I had to grab my other controller to get out of arcade mode.

Mad salty.

Edit: did again while playing super turbo except it was upleft.

Maaaad salty. Fucking a.

What stick?

It’s a ps3/4/pc modded psx Namco.

Cthulhu pcb?

That I don’t know. I’d have to ask the person that modded it for me.

Oh I didn’t see the 4 there. Probably a brook fighting board. If it is I’d update your firmware. http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/58690501/

yeah that might be why. i haven’t used it since s1 of sfv.

The online is terrible. I played some decent matches after getting it this morning - HF, ST, and A3 were okay games; 3S was a mess. This afternoon, every game I’ve tried has been jittery and laggy. I’m ready for Cross Tag!

That’s why. Rule of thumb for brooks products is to update it for every major firmware update for PS4.