Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Yet Capcom wouldn’t spend time like Sirlin did passionately did with, After HDR it’s very unlikely that Capcom would risk and gamble that far again, spend that amount of resources and time from acquiring data from top players through beta testing for a decade year old game “update” with a very particular audience that is mostly purist.

It’s already proven that it is a waste of time for Capcom trying to make a definitive version of ST with balance updates. Because of it’s majority competitive community preference which is un touch ST, So future SF2 titles shouldn’t be based on ST but other SF2 iteration like HDR or HSF2 instead.

Again this is not about ST against HDR. ST remains it’s legacy it should be at is.

So if there would be another SF2 game expansion in every 5 or 10 years that should be based or an updated ST game because it cannot be contest and compete with.

So we had two alternative choice as main base either HSF2 or HDR both games are decent compare to USF2.

HDR > USF2 interms of gameplay stand point.

A balance updated ST definitive version that will replace ST while being widely accepted and promoted by at least 80% of the purist and it’s followers/community is mere fantasy, impossible and an illusion of a reality.

1 Like

This was 11 years ago. Sirlin got quite a bit of good feedback IMO, from the japanese and gaijin alike. The only person I remember throwing a fit was DSP because Sirlin/Capcom wouldn’t fly him into California to personally give feedback (like anyone gives as shit about what DSP thinks). While a lot of Sirlin’s changes/philosophy didn’t work out, I’d argue HDR brought more people into the scene than if it didn’t exist in the first place.

2 Likes

The only feedback he had were from a handful of so called top players that got to play test the game. The rest of the ST community never got to play around with the beta aside from Ryu and Ken.

Most never saw the safe on block condor dive or get to play around with Giefs HF kick lariat.

Funny thing is most top players shat on the game after release.

1 Like

Yeah there was some early hype before release and then once it launched it was in pretty bad state and the patch only fixed some things while still making the tier list not much different with most of the fun stuff removed or altered. Most of the local ST players I was around did not like it compared to original. Plus it came out right before SFIV any way.

Stuff like USF2 is fine because it’s not there to step on the toes of ST. It’s just there as an alternative remake with extra things. When you try to do competitive balance changes for a small sub competitive base, you just split bases and dont really get anything done. You’ll never convert old/tournament heads over to a rebalanced ST so it’s not worth the time/money.

There are thing that need to consider in gathering feedback and you need to separate them from personal preference/taste AKA opinions.

That’s why SFV is continuously be update and ever changing it’s end goal design is not to balance things but to fix everything as possible and shuffle that make every character “feel” relevant to those actively participating until it is replace by another SF title. So whatever it ends up is the last thing to make everyone “seems” relevant based on that season request and demands which is not really the goal balance other than shuffling thing around.

You can never please everyone when it comes into gameplay aspect since everyone does not just want every character to be just relevant because some just want to dominate and hate/rant other character advantage/exploits, So top players representing their characters is the best for fair and technical adjustments.

Gathering informative feedback from a whole community is impossible for a legacy game, the best approach is what Sirlin did focusing of top players as a representative for changes and updates, because it separates unnecessary demands and request.

So as of now HDR and HSF2 is not on competing ST. So there is no problem and threat in expanding/adding expansion to those titles while retaining ST as it is perfectly.

I think top players feedback is important when testing but you can never catch the tester that kept quiet about certain balance changes that might be broken and need to be tweaked before release. Remember HDR Ken’s DP juggles in the public beta how did something so obvious pass “top-level” in-house testers.

I really don’t want to see another ST edition unless it was just original ST with modern updated graphics something like what they did to the character select screen in USF2.

2 Likes

Sirlin documented the majority of the changes before the game released. I think most ST OGs ultimately took umbrage with ST needing balancing in the first place. But whatever, this has been discussed at length already. HDR is dead. Here’s hoping ST on 30th Anniversary is tournament worthy.

1 Like

LOOOL, why not Gouki? No lastscenes will buy Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection should be random game in tournaments, like in the CB18’s exhibitions matches; then we’ll see who the best really is. It’s like poker mixed games and such!!!

"The finals will be Tokido VS Daigo in… Street Fighter 1!!!

If its literally the same game as arcade ST, then its as tournament worthy as its going to be.

My thing about ST is that, trying to get new people into whats a mostly “solved” meta is very hard. Especially considering how small (and hardcore) the playerbase is and how “old” it plays. Like if somebody asked me what would be a more “newbie friendly” game if you wanted that Street Fighter feel I would either tell them to play Fantasy Strike or one of the Alphas. Those are pretty easy to get into and get newer plays interested and i guarantee you if Alpha 2 was online capable there would definitely be more interest in Alpha tournaments. I still think Alpha 3 will be FINE, but seriously, fuck V-ism.

I’m not concerned with ranked mode in this game. I’m that old guy who still plays people offline. Y’all can have this argument, I’m not bothered at all.

1 Like

1: Do we know if the game has cross-play?

2: What platform seems to be the most popular? I can’t decide between PS4 and PC.

It does not. And the game isn’t out yet, so the only way to tell would be to judge by the presale numbers, if you could find them.

Thank you! I suppose I’ll just have to ask around and see what other people are getting. I’m torn on the grounds that the (non-Switch) console versions are cheaper and I want to assume PS4 will have a larger online playerbase (long term) than PC, but I’d like to stream 3S, which I can’t practically do from a console.

From what I’ve been reading on various forums, it seems that most people are buying the Switch version. Which doesn’t make sense to me, from Fight stick support to the fact that most people run their Switch off wifi.

The fact the Switch version is £35-40 (compared to £25-30 for the others) put me off immediately, plus the fact I’d either need to buy a Switch stick (only one I know of is Hori which is ~£120) or a converter for my PS4 stick.

its because of the ease of getting the game in as well as the portable nature of the system. and paying $30 for a brooks is not that bad, although you will NEVER catch me using a Hori stick.

I would imagine the Switch version would be great for locals. Isn’t the Switch version suppose to have an exclusive tournament mode?

1 Like

The switch is already known for having shoddy ports of aaa and aa games (maybe shoddy isn’t the right word but they’re OK ports at best). I wouldn’t want something that’s touting arcade perfectness on something like a switch. I’d much rather have that on ps4 or steam. Tournament mode is cool and all but not worth the scare of it being an inferior port and being $10 more.

Imo

Just a replication of the SSF2 link tournament mode or something.

This isn’t a AAA release. The Switch’s hardware should be perfectly capable of running 20+ year old arcade games well.

1 Like