SSFIV AE ver 2013 Oni wishlist

Cant say its happened to me, but a similar thing happens when I try to go from a cr.mp into tc2 and I come out with fireball. :confused:

As a random idea, how would it work if his slashes were no longer fadc’able but were instead made safer, more damaging on block and all juggled? Might just be me, but I feel like Oni’s style is all about violence and overpowering the opponent trough sheer brute strength, which I feel is the reason his dps are the way they are as well, so design wise it felt like it would fit the character, nor sure about balance wise though, just a random thought I had today while thinking of possible changes for Oni.

New Move: Throw toss like Gouken’s that can be comboed off of; toss>lp. DP>f+hk or tatsu, toss>lk. tatsu>b+mp>hk. Slash, toss>lk.tatsu>mp. DP>FADC>Ultra 1, toss>lp. DP>Instant Raging Demon, toss>lk. tatsu>Ultra 2. Other combos can be discovered. Thats all I can think of right now. The New move along with my other buff suggestions above.

Currently I am working on a Project, I will be working With Error on trying to balance Oni to make him viable and add newer stuff to his arsenal. With that Said, Watch his Version of Oni and we can then edit the moves see fit to balance him and not make him broken.

IMO I love some things you did with Oni and some things are horrible. I love the wall bounce off of f+fp. That would be excellent to juggle off of other than Demon especially if they don’t tweak the frame data on that particular move. I hate flight. I love the dive kick in normal mode. I don’t know how I feel about the st. far kick stuff, because it takes away his uniqueness. I love the animation of the st. fp, but it links with everything already and if they were to change sweep from 9f to 7f would be more practical. I love the EX. Slash directional change. The ending animation on the Demon is sick, but there is no need to combo off it and I wouldn’t change the damage output. The only changes I would make to his overhead chop is startup. It looks cool, but he doesn’t need extra animation on air Ultra, just better start up/recovery and invincibility. The directional stomp is BEAST. Especially for fireball characters who wanna lame on other side of screen. Air teleport is broken, but I’m not opposed to standard teleport it would work too for making cb characters and escape since his wake up game kinda suck…TOO RISKY. You did so much I’ll have to look at vid again I know I left out some stuff.

That version is not mine. Currently I streamed a newer Oni of my version. Just check it out.

Alright, while this version of Oni looks FUN, he’d be way too OP. Flight, counter, combo after super, air teleport, s.HP having a fireball that can combo is a little OP too and the jump MP knockdown might be considered OP by some. Really, anything he mentioned from “Boss Mode.”

Other than that, I love everything else. I love having some of the Akuma normals along with his regular normals. While a lot of the moves look hella flashy, people would complain he was either too anime or ridiculously OP. I like being able to control the EX slashes to be front or back hitting. I don’t see the ability to control his stomp making it terribly worth it, since their odd hitboxes might make it really hard to make useful outside of the Oki he uses it for. His air Ultra 1 doesn’t really need the animation, but the AA one would be nice.

Honestly, his Boss Mode makes him look straight out of Mugen. His stance even looks like Orochi’s.

Your st.HP is much better, in my opinion. It doesn’t look as ridiculously overpowered. It might be the hitbox or the lack of animation on the opponent on AA hit, but it just looks better overall. And the fact it has to be raw HP and not TC. I also like the ability to combo into sweep, since I feel like one of Oni’s strongest points is his Oki. He can have great up-close pressure, but in the end, it’s really about his Oki that will make him a strong character post-patch. I also like how his air fireball isn’t an angled fireball, but a horizontal one. It lends a bit more usefulness to his zoning game(which is subpar). I do like the idea, though, from the other video about Oni being able to DP after a tatsu.

This is my Version of Oni.

Your version is sick. I love everything in your video, but I would include the wall bounce properties from f+fp and the dive kick, Palm, and throw. Other than that everything you demonstrated in your video was perfect. They will have to do some damage scaling and health adjustments.
Here are my suggestions to your amazing video:
**Health from 1000 ** to 950
Stun from 950 to 900
Chip Kill EX DP now that you can FADC on block. 63 to 61

I think those health, stun, chip kill adjustments should be made for how damaging he would be. I would also suggest New costumes for Evil Ryu, Twins, Oni, trials, make the ability to see costumes not purchased, and New stages. With those additions they could respectfully ask for 40-60 and a new disk.

Do you think you can edit the video like MetalMusicMan’s video “The Book of Oni?”

EX Airdash and a Down dash were almost completely made but disabled while creating oni’s moveset and idk why they didn’t want to relase them.
I made a video to show how they work and can be used.

I restored them but also made different tweaks, here is the list of what I’ve changed:
-All EX version had height limit 0.3, changed to 0.2
-The EX UP version (mp+hp) had cancels for the neutral jump normal moves, changed to cancel in the diagonal jump normal moves instead.
-The Dash Down hadn’t any data for input motions, height limit and ex gain…so I created them as follows:
Motion: Reverse QCB + any punch.
Height limit: 0.25
Ex gain: 0
-The dash down cancelled automatically in a specific, slow animation while landing on ground (quite similar to the animation that cancels the other dashes on land) but could cancel in any jumping normal, so aniways you could recover very fast if you wiffed that jumping normal, though it’s a weird thing because the move is so fast that even at max jump height the only normals that would pull out a hitbox were j.lk and j.lp and that cancel could cause weird situation (unblockable in certain conditions and a up-low mixup incredibly hard to block). So I just deleted the cancel and create a new “cancel on land” that uses the data of the recovery of a normal jump instead of the previus landing animation.
I would love this moves in ae2013

Fellow Onis…don’t forget to post in Capcom Unity!

Since i can’t log into unity for some reason could someone please post my proposed changes?

Increase walkspeed from 0.04 to 0.045
Backdash: Improve the distance to something like Akuma’s backdash so it would be a little easier for Oni to get out of pressure.

Forward+HP- Reduce start up from 12f to 10frames and to -7 on block while keeping it 0 on hit.
Right now its a bit too punishable because other characters can just focus attack it, stuff it, or sweep it. Making it slightly quicker would make it a better tool and make his opponent think more before trying any of those options.

Forward+Mk- Reduce start up by 2 frames and recovery by 2 frames making it (13/14) from (15/17)
Forward+Hk- Reduce recovery frames by 2 making it (20F) and add 2 more active frames so it can anti air more consistantly. (If its possible the little freaky z like hitbox on it should be adjusted.)

Crouching medium kick: Move the hitbox to the end of his foot so he has more range to poke from crouching.
Standing hard kick: Give the move some more juggle properties so it can combo from ex demon slash and it would allow him to set up a mix up or a frame trap.

Increased range on Focus attack
All Gohadoken’s recovery reduced by 2 frames from 47 to 45.
This would help him in the fireball game a little more. It may not be the best for zoning but it could help him keep distance when needed.

Gorai Hadoken
-Change the start up on all of them to a uniform 28 kind of like how all of Akuma’s Shakunetsu Hadoken’s are 25 frames of start up.
-Reduce the recovery to (L- 52, M-59, H 65)

-Lk Demon slash (Make -3f on block)
Also it should have 2 more active frames. If someone were to do lk to slash it would whiff because the active frames would have ended. This way he can keep his pressure up.
-Mk Demon slash keep the same
-Hk Demon slash change from -8 on block to -6 and make it fadcable on block.

-Ex demon slash: Give it 2 different functions
Give it a lk demon slash version by doing lk+hk. If it hits the opponent pops up in the air for a juggle state.
the other function would be the current version which crosses his opponent up.

-Demon palm give it a small hitbox on the back of it so he can cross people up with it. That way the opponent would have to guess if he’ll land in front,behind or do an overhead with ex.

-Reduce start up on u1 by 2 frames.
-Reduce start up on air ultra 1 by 5 frames so backair dash>u1 is a little easier.

-U2 commands changed to QCB+kkk

Error00001, TheGoodDeacon is my YouTube account.

Guys the Oni thread is like a ghostown and today is the final day to post suggestions. If you haven’t already, list your suggestions ASAP! If Oni is improved, it is likely he will be much more popular, and then likely he may appear in future games. Otherwise we may never see the purple demon again.

Unfortunately unity was giving people problems logging in so i couldn’t give any changes

Figures. Capcom sucks. The community here, mods and suggestions are a much better game than the bullshit Capcom delivers.

Wish granted.

I just realized the person who made that post and the tweet are from the same individual. lol.

Metalmusicman, can’t say other things…does that mean that there are some really exciting changes for Oni besides what were listed?

Changes that even MetalMusicMan didn’t think Capcom would give to Oni ??? =DDD

Amazing video famicom89! Those air dashes look really fun yet not terribly OP.

I disagree with a lot of the other comments in this thread. I like that Oni has unique weaknesses and I think he should keep them and instead have him excel in areas he was supposed to excel.

Flaws that he should retain:
[list]
[]short range on Focus Attack
[
]non FADC-able shoryu
[*]un-safe slashes[/list]

Tools that should be fixed:
[list]
[]air dashes should be safer and EX-able. Tweaked hitbox on MP air dash.
[
]lack of usability in air-Ultra1
[*]air EX-tatsu should have a purpose[/list]

Some icing on the cake would be the ability to dash-cancel from a charging fireball. Similarly to CADC from SFXT.