SSFIV AE ver 2013 Oni wishlist

Give oni akuma his unused command dive kick, walkspeed, fadc on srk, and give more distance on his fireball.

Oni needs a command grab.

Oni wishlist:
Akumas st.HK
air tatsu to hit crouching opponents * i would appreciate that hitstun of kens tatsu*
Lk. slash is now +1 on block
4 frame start-up reduction for onis lk,mk,ground pound respectively* or lower body invincibility*
very , very small adjustment to some of the hurt boxes and hit boxes on his normals.

1. MetalMusicMan really knows his stuff, his suggestions sound well thought out.

2. On air dash/ex air dash…what about simplifying the input to F,F or U,U or B,B so he can dash more easily? Make it much faster and with zero recovery maybe like the dashes in games that utilize a lot of air dashes (Guilty gear for example).

3. The command grab…if oni is going to get a brand new move, I would love for him to have a violent command grab. It makes sense for an enraged killing demon, but more importantly it would make him a lot scarier up close.

4. On fireballs, the distance they travel is fine…his fireballs are supposed to be inferior. However the electric fireball absolutely sucks, you can only use it to chip on wake up otherwise the huge start up and recovery make it worthless. It should have the same recovery/start up as Akuma or Evil Ryu’s 3 hit fireball…so it can actually be used however maybe make it not go full screen to make up for it?

5. His demon smash to be a true overhead (which is what it looks like) so it has to be blocked high. This would add so much to his game.

6. Increase his stun to 1000…no reason for him to below average stun, he isn’t Akuma or Seth.

7. Apparently he has a fatter hitbox than other shotos…reduce the hitbox so it is the same as the other shotos. This is demon discrimination and I don’t approve!

Priority
Decrease his hurtbox for some of his moves.
Make the demon stomps able to hit things that go behind him.
Make the demon slashes either safer on block or able to go through fireballs like Gouken’s charge attack
Improve air tatsu
Decrease the air dash’s recovery time on landing

Would like
Making the dash easier to perform would be nice, but the air fireballs from the Error video could be interesting.
Either increase his electric fireball’s damage, or make them safer in terms of startup or recovery
Regular fireballs to have a little less recovery
Downward air dash

"Breaking the game wishes which aren’t serious"
Have the recovery time of the Boss version of Oni for all of his moves
Have the Air Ultra 1 home
Increase Ultra 2 to cover the entire screen
Give him Akuma’s teleport and divekicks
Also give him Gouken’s parry
Also give him Zangief style command grabs
Electric fireballs and regular fireballs are combined, with EX electric fireball’s recovery and regular uncharged fireballs startup. Uses heavy electric fireball’s damage data and goes two screens. Can still be charged to hit four times with proportionate damage increase. Can be thrown in air like Akuma’s fireballs.
Every special move can be FADC’d
Taunt 9 (the one where he looks like he’s powering up) blows the opponent across the stage into the corner for an untechable knockdown if not blocked.

Lots of cool proposals in here. Here’s what I’d want:

1. Increased walk speed.

2. Increased range on Focus Attack.

3. Flash should appear later in EX Demon Stomp.

4. Extended vertical hitbox on the 1st kick of st.HK. Making it another viable anti-air normal.

5. Unlock EX Air Dash. (PLEASE CAPCOM!!!)

6. Improved hitboxes on Tatsus cancelled from Air Dashes.

7. Change Air U1 animation to either a beam or hailstorm style animation.

8. A pinch less recovery on Air Dashes. Maybe just a frame.

9. QCFx2 + KKK input for U2.

10. LK Slash -1 or 0 on guard. Though that’s a tall order

Would be awesome. It would cover what the normal shoto’s use St.LK for since Oni doesn’t have a move like that.

Indeed it would. Btw, I thought of something interesting. Oni’s fireballs are cool as they are now, you just have to be extra careful when using them. However, what if they made his fireball charge-cancellable? Oni with a fireball feint sounds extremely scary. It would open up a new mixup for Oni and make his U2 alot more viable in more matchups.

Oni already has a fireball feint, it’s f+LP.

For a rushdown character, Oni’s focus attack sure stinks. An upgrade in that area is a must

True. But I just feel that seeing that fireball materialize and being able to cancel it would just add tons to Oni’s strengths.

A feint with a command grab would be nuts

an FADC-able HK slash, and the ability to tatsu off of an HP airdash would be great for oni’s mixup game as well<br>

Blips revisions to Mr. McCoy (with wonderful suggestions from MetalMusicMan)

1. Increased walk speed & range on Focus Attack

2. Sweep from 9f to 7f

3. Better recovery on slashes, stomps, and a pinch less recovery on Air Dashes.

4. Trim Overrall hurtbox

5. Unlock Command Dive Kick, Palm, and throw.

6. Improved hitboxes on Tatsus cancelled from Air Dashes.

7. Faster Startup and recovery for Air U1, F+FP, & F+HK

8. Make hk. SLASH to instant ragging Demon possible ALSO b+mp, & f+hk link after FADC

9. QCFx2 + KKK input for U2.

10. LK Slash -1 or 0 on guard.

Yeah the EX. Alter Option would give it more ambiguous properties without having to adjust frame data, while adding significant mind games because EX Slash mixup is to easy to block and punish. Adding additional blockstun to F+HP make it link easier would be nice. (Just take the risk).

Additional wants to my earlier revision post:

1. EX. Tatsu off of Air dash armor break giving less options to opponents to guard.

2. Step Kick F+MK 13f to 12f and easier to link off of counter hit.

SF4 update is confirmed!

Time to cross out fingers, gentlemen! Get hype!!!

*** UPDATE *** - Come on, ComboFiend, make our Oni dreams come true!

It looks like you guys may have the upper hand on the rest of us lol

I’m excited, I think the potential of Oni’s character design will be finally unleashed.

A few thing’s id like oni to have is.
Foward+Mk- Reduce start up by 2 frames and recovery by 2 frames making it (13/14)
Foward+Hk- Reduce recovery frames by 4 making it (18F) (If its possible the little freaky z like hitbox on it should be adjusted.)
Increased range on Focus attack
All Gohadoken’s recovery reduced by 2 frames from 47 to 45.
Gorai Hadoken
-Change the start up on all of them to a uniform 28 kind of like how all of Akuma’s Shakunetsu Hadoken’s are 25 frames of start up.
-Reduce the recovery to (L- 52, M-59, H 65)
-A Faster walk speed
-Lk slash (Make -1f on block)
-Mk slash keep the same
-Hk slash change from -8 on block to -6
-Faster start up on U1.
-U2 commands changed to QCB+kkk

Shouldnt the slash have a litter stricter motion? Since sometimes ur blocking and go for a forward command kick and get a slash? I would appretiate it. But need confirmation its not just me who has this problem.