SSF4 Cammy buffs and nerfs list

Just a note about ultra 2 when you have it even if you plan on not using it the other play seems to be afraid to do crap on wake ups and stuff. thought it was pretty funny.

It is different, but I don’t think the total damage is changed. It looked to me that the final hit (where she smashes the opponent) gets a bigger piece of the pie, and the earlier hits less. So it’s heavy in the back now, whereas it used to be hard in the front. That might have a bad effect on juggle combos that whiff the final hit.

thats good for comboing CS>FADC>U1?

Some things I’ve found out through online and training. Ultra 1 does 480 damage. The neckbreak part does 240 of that. So if U1 is part of a combo where the last hit whiffs, it does only 240.

Ultra 2 works on guardbreaker Ultra’s too! So far only tested it on Ken’s new Ultra. If you CQC the second hit, it connects. Also if CQC is over Cammy starts to shake her hands. If you see her do that, you could have moved already. Going to test CQC on more Ultra’s. I’ve stated for months that CQC didn’t suck. And I will try to find as many uses for it as I can.

Spiral arrow is changed compared to SF4. But only slightly. The pushback from a blocked SA is bigger. This is only noticable on a well spaced SA. Thanks to this pushback it’s slightly safer. Eventhough there doesn’t appear to be more/less recovery/active frames etc.

*edit: EX SBF can be used to escape Ru’s New Ultra 2 Metsu Shoryuken, even AFTER the animation has started.

Guile’s 1st Ultra can be CQC’ed on the second hit. The first is guardbreaking, so CQC on the first hit won’t work.

Sagat’s Ultra 1 and Tiger Uppercut can be CQC’ed. Tigerkneecrush is guardbreaking so it can’t be CQC’ed. Not on either hit.

Blanka’s Ultra 1 can be CQC’ed at any point in the animation.

These actually aren’t that bad, not as bad as the “Doom and Gloom” atmosphere that was in the Cammy changes thread.

It’ll be tough, but I’ll deal with these. Her game seems largely unchanged anyway.

:tdown: It’s like they just nerfed her U1 just to force people to use U2. Reducing her U1 combo damage by that much was totally unnecessary.

Wait try juggling into to it though. I think the last hit of the non-animation CSpike does more damage than the animation one.

I’ve been messing around some more with CQC and I think the Ultra freeze animation doesn’t hurt it, or at least not as bad as with say the unblockable Ultra’s. I had a dummy perform CQC exactly when the Ultra bar was full. I would rush in with Balrog (Boxer) pressing the punch both before during and after the CQC started. I’m not 100% sure because it all goes really fast, but I think a simultaneous press also still registers and results in a succesfull CQC. Milliseconds later and the move won’t come through. And a whiffed CQC.

CS does 100 GDS does 264 or 240 depending on how well I connect it. The total juggle does 340 or 364 depending on how well I connect the whole thing. The neckbreaker part (240 damage) is gone.

Is it just me or did they change the timing on mk > sa ?

Feels different and doesn’t come out sometimes.

Cammy got some nice buffs!

Consider this anecdotal evidence but after playing this morning I think the games speed increase as well as some minor changes to priority have really improved Cammy! :love:

First I’m 99% positive stun has been increased on TKCS (At the very least the EX) the timing is now more forgiving. Connecting TKCS>CHP>CMK>HSA is a freaking cinch now! I don’t know if they changed the frames on the CHP>CMK link or if the button input buffer has just been increased but I have never hit so many of those in a row (training mode) without missing! I’m sure they increased that buffer to make the speed increase more forgiving. I also think that the people who are missing TKCS are just not yet adjusted to the new timing which seems more lax.

Standing HK and crouching MK are REAL pokes now not super but usable. Even Close Standing HK got a boost! Spinning backfist could have used a bit more quickness but it seems much more usable 9I’ve always argued it’s a pick your spots utility to begin with). Counter ULTRA is good for breaking up rushdown attempts and with the shortcuts buffering it is easy. The damage payoff alone makes it an option against some rushdown characters, either they slow their offensive roll or pay the price in big damage!

A few hours in I’m digging what they have done!

Let’s face it… most of us are not tournament players. We just wanna have fun and enjoy the game. While I’m sure a top 10 or 15 charachters will dominate in tourneys the rest of us are gonna be left with a really balanced and fun game!:rock:

BTW Cody’s gonna be my new second alt very fun to play with! great mixup opportunities along with a seemingly endless variations of play style. And his easy hit confirm combos and strong normals make for a great break from the technical skill Cammy requires.

And last thing the cancel that gave me so much trouble in SF4, Standing LP into HSA (Mainly to punish Boxer’s blocked rush punches), seems WAAAYYYY easier now as well!

I was just about to talk abt the HK. Its great as a poke, and as a anti-air. Not as a close anti air though, but abt 1/2 to 3/4 screen away, when players feel its safe to jump towards u where u cant spike them and they feel safe jumping forward. Most of the time cammy will win, but sometimes they trade and its not so bad.

Oh yah, u can spinKnuckle a char after a FA crumple now. But if u ultra1 after that 1hit knuckle, if u do, it will just hit once
But the weirdest( and best?) part is, u can now do FAcrumple-> LP spinKnuckle(1st hit miss, 2nd hit put into weird jugglestate) -> Cannonspike (normal only, EX will miss) anywhere on screen. Does abt 260damage total…a normal hp->spike combo will do abt 10 more points of damage though, but i guess its just for the novelty? haha
Also, if in corner only, u can fadc the spike and then ultra1, else it will miss completely

Ok i thot of a pratical use: if u do a normal FA and let it hits and then back dash just in case ur opponent blocks, u can now react if u see ur opponent gets hit and crumple after u back dash, immediately do a (ex)Knuckle and SPike combo. Does abt 70 more damage then a crHK or hooliganthrow. At least the knuckle is safe on block, and comes out a tad faster, so probably theres abit more practical use to it now.

ehh ultra 2 has its uses i caught an akuma that tried to cross over tatsu my wake up but ate ultra insted was nice

how’d they buff close HK? it’s still horrible on hit and can be punished…on hit

is it just me or does CSpike now breaks armor ?

Nope, still the same.
Only on Reversal do they break armor.

Standing close hk is probably supposed to be used as aa only. It would be more safe then since the enemy has to land first after he is hit. From vids it seems the angle at which cammy sticks up her legs is different.

It’s start up seems faster. And I think it has a particular use when someone is trying to vortex you with jumps at close range. The hitbox is right over your hear after all and it’s bigger than standing MP.

I sometimes get the impression that people assume that since you can’t use a particular move on Sagat/Ryu/Boxer that it’s worthless… There’s 35 characters in the game.

OMG Standing HK is GODLIKE!!!..

far HK will make their jumping attack MISS!!.. or HIT as anti air or Trade…

far HK is AWESOME to anti air balrog (and characters with big hit boxes!! you cant believe how far i was standing to anti air… the angle is WEIRD too… ) i tried both against jumping HK and HP… cammy always wins (rarely trades)…

just like how rog cant jump on Chun Li… very similar to her far HP angle where it knocks him off the air…

close HK is also awesome as anti air :looney: (nice chunk of damage and stun)

c.mk anti airs neutral jumps… and lowers cammys hit box… ANY jumping attack will completely miss… cammy will duck under :looney: (the ones that i tested :rofl:)

omg!

Can anyone confirm that C.Hp’s frame advantage on block is the same? It -feels- slightly less to me, but I can’t really be sure, nor do I really know how to test frame data.