Soulcalibur VI - Lounge

how is the online? laggy or good?

2 Likes

I’ve played ps4 lobby match (Cali to Vegas, ps4 not on wifi) and it felt great. So at its best it felt fine to me. Was able to pull of what I wanted to. Against randos it’ll probably range from a nightmare with wifi connections and distance to the good experience I had before.

Ps. Seong mina is fun to pound on noobs (my buddy) with

Pps. yoshi got dem 110 dmg combos

when it’s good it’s really good, had some lagfest with 3+ bar tho but that was vs a dude from russia, i dont know how we got a 3 bar connection.

I got the game on PC and I’m infuriated with the resolution. I use a 1440p display and the game doesn’t let me change the resolution. It defaults to an odd resolution and I need to use the scaling to make it not look like crap. How does Namco fuck up something this simple?

1 Like

Owners : 200,000 … 500,000

Any Raph players here? I’m trying to find something that hits after 3b, 2a+b. I don’t like how what appears to be the most optimal combo is right there in the movelist. I hope he isn’t as combo-poor as he seems.

1 Like

It’s really annoying how there’s no option to configure controls at the character select screen, despite almost every other fighter, including Tekken 7 lettint you do so.

So far, i like the Game.
Lobbys on PC are a bit wonkey from time to time but the Netcode seems okay and Loading times are not as huge as expected or more to say as it seems to be on Console. Real Ingame Chat would be nice but it seems you can just use some Phrases?! Finding People on Steam which you played with is a bit hidden too but at least doable.

I did some more snooping through files but I can’t find anything new which is noteworthy. I’m finding mentions of practically every character in text. There’s text directly mentioning characters like Li Long, Hilde, and Setsuka. But it’s just random lore or flavour text. I don’t know why, but there are strings in memory for characters like Natsu, Xiba, Charade, and probably every SC character. But that’s probably remnants of imported data from previous games.

The most noteworthy thing I’ve found so far is the list of fighting styles where Edge Master is mentioned. He’s the last entry in the list, which would suggest he’s the last character they worked on. Edge Master is one of the Hideo Yoshie’s (art director) favourite characters, so that could be a reason for them to work on him.

Tbh they should just release a fucking Season Pass schedule/detail, with characters, contents and release dates

1 Like

You would think they learned from the heat Capcom took from the season 2 pass. We’ll see.

1 Like

Guys, about Siegfried perfect a~g~a.
Does that thing require two frame perfect inputs in a row?

Even Arika’s Mihara is getting in on it.

What’s that Libra of Souls mode like? Is it anything like that Chronicles of the Sword mode from SC3?

I have good news! I have finally found unused content among game assets! The bad news is that it’s really trivial and uninteresting.
But here you go, an early version of SoulCalibur render and an unused Kyam portrait. So exciting!
Also, here’s every single portrait from Soul Chronicles mode:
https://mega.nz/#!hIVgjCYK!nbirCEwh2fwpe9nMvgLaXCNCLD8DGcUgiIGAmi8IKY0

The development team has been a bit sloppy in some regards. They could have had the portrait frame as a separate texture and flip some portraits on the fly rather than store them as separate textures. I imagine they would have saved at least 200mb by doing that. Another silly thing is that some re-used textures from SC4/5 are in lower quality because it looks like they re-encoded DDS textures from those games.

I don’t think I played Chronicles back then, but

Libra of Soul is the second story mode in Soulcalibur VI. In this game mode, players will be able to create their own custom fighter from scratch before roaming the world in a quest to stop a new evil mastermind at work to gather Soul Edge shards. Along the way, players will come up against both characters from across the main storyline, and warriors created by the community, fighting in a variety of rule-specific showdowns which shape their own path

1 Like

CotS was kind of like Warcraft in some ways where you’d be on a map with your hero and a crew of people in your party and you’d try to capture enemy forts and eventually slay the boss of that chapter. It was pretty awesome.

If it’s like Nightmare’s I believe the g~a portion requires the perfect timing.

I tested it for a few hours yesterday, really seems like all the inputs have to be perfect. I found a way to make it work consistently (sliding the inputs) but that’s straight physically painful after a while.

Seong Mina is great fun though. Will definitely be playing her, she’s the Jack-7 of this game tbh.

1 Like