Soulcalibur VI - Lounge

got fourth at my local yesterday which had a pretty big turnout I got there right as the tournament started and played the eventual winner of the tournament in my first match got sent to losers and had to make a long ass run which ended agonizingly right before top 3. definitely saw some things I can work on with yoshi though i need to fine tune some hit confirms and make sure i focus on utilizing his full movelist. Hes really good in this game his aa punishes damn near everything and almost everymove has a use.

1 Like

Does namco really have to patch in a quick rematch option in every game?

3 Likes

Okay, I take back what I said about Mina being solid. Her up-close game is straight-up terrible, to the point where you only have universal defensive mechanics to get out. Her buttons are way too slow to be useful for anything, even if I hit the opponent with something my 5A will lose afterwards to most other characters.

She might still end up decent, but you’re gonna need great defense with her.

1 Like

lets hope they do it again this time.

Okay, now I definitely think I’ve done enough data mining and snooping. I think I know what the next DLC will be but it won’t be anything earthshattering (especially if anyone has looked at how the music menus are designed in the Museum). The next DLC looks like it will be 17 music tracks from SC1.

from the original OST:

And @Akhos is working on the frame data

Which one of you did this?

Wang

https://youtu.be/B8UIvqFoEag

1 Like

Trife maybe?

1 Like

I finally got through watching that video. That battle director, Osaka, and his partner, I like their attitudes. They explain very well the reasoning behind their decisions.

Just frame 3b-K might be a good ‘button’ to throw out when on defense. I have no idea about its frames but it seems to be her fastest move and knocks the opponent down, plus it deals decent damage for a single hit. The only downside being that it’s just frame so you occasionally might get the weaker version instead.

But yeah, close up defense isn’t great. If you get knocked down you probably won’t be back in a favourable situation again without losing about 30% of your life.

That’s the thing, 3bK is not only unsafe on block, but the range is terrible. It usually whiffs for me after most strings, due to pushback. Same with 2A. The fact that 5K, her actual fastest normal, seems to be negative ON HIT also blows my mind.

Movement, duckint, GI and RE are gonna be essential with Mina.

Staff. Blade at the tip. Sweet spot property gimmick. Kinda her thing.

1 Like

Well range shouldn’t be an issue if you use it defensively when getting molested but I actually didn’t know i was unsafe on block.

Right now I’m usually just popping Soul Charge when I need breathing room though that’s kind of a royal waste of meter.

My experience is that someone does any sort of string, I block, then I 3bK and it either gets stuffed or whiffs. Might just have been that specific matchup, but I’ve heard a lot of similar complaints.

Mina’s good in soul charge, so “wasting meter” is not an issue really. If you RE reasonably often (which you have to do with the character regardless, if they get in) you’ll be able to SC at least once per round.

1 Like

Alright, am I missing something or why does GI parry throws? I was fighting someone earlier who used it right after I did so I decided to just counter it by throwing him but he just GI’ed my throw attempt which made no sense IMO. Always thought throws would beat GI.

Yeah, GI beats everything except break attacks and unblockables now. Kinda silly.

A lot of break attacks score lethal hits if they beat GI though.

1 Like

That’s indeed silly.

That said with how shitty the netcode is I can’t see me playing this a lot. Can’t believe they went from an almost flawless online experience in SCV to, well, this. Bundle with last-gen graphics and a limited roster this feels like a budget release sold for 90 bucks if you want the complete version.

Well, I did my part.

some Mitsu stuff

Zasalamel has a time stop mechanic. This was the natural conclusion.

I fought one Talim so far.

Just as I expected from the supposedly ‘most requested and most popular’ character.

Not that I’m complaining, she seemed to be a complete nightmare matchup for Mina. But it’s still hilarious to see how nobody plays the characters who’re always at the top of the polls (hi there, Sakura and Juri).