Soulcalibur VI - Lounge

cool to see how they incorporated wind into her attacks

https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/july-5-2018/

4 Likes

At last. Wonder which character the community will start bitching about next.

As for Talim, yeah, the wind looks nice. But that’s about it for me. Never liked her style and never will.

Developer commentary on Talim’s gameplay (translation from Flying Wonky’s Twitter):

Talim is described as a ‘tricky’ up close and speedy fighter with special movement stances and a flurry of chained attacks. SC6 reworks her special Wind Saults to be more easier to use in her gameplay.

Talim also gets a new ‘Air Rage’ stance that can be used offensively and defensively this time in SC6. She’s now capable of doing big damage by borrowing powers from the wind.

Whether it is using her Critical Edge which can actually restore her health in battle or by activating Soul Charge that augments her offensive tactics even further making for a more refined character to use in SC6.

1 Like

Let the reversal edge meter gain, CE health gain spam strategy begin!

Hopefully her Soul Charge pressure is really stupid and her sidestep is really evasive. Talim could be THE most annoying character in the game if done right.

2 Likes

Finally see an actual Ivy player putting her new moveset to good use.

Well, expected Talim shit to happen so whatever

Also Voldo, Asta and Cervy, i consider them in by default

My real prayers are for Hwang, Raphael and Rock… hoping that waifus, yunsucks and shitty new characters like groh don’t eat theyr slots

1 Like

Not much of a moveset… I saw only Serpent’s Embrace stance and the only attack to transition was the whiplash strike. It makes me think that they removed the shoulder bash and related transition. The rest of that shit could be done in Broken Destiny except for that stupid looking, telegraphed long distance throw.

It is fucking jarring how the game stops and pushes everyone apart when the Soul Charge activates or someone uses that God forsaken reversal edge and all that fishing for Supers at the ends of rounds is fucking disgusting. No guard impact battles at all…

All I am saying is that in all of the Ivy gameplay footages so far, every one doesn’t know shit on how to play her. They just button mashed or stuck to the basic gameplay. Only now do we finally see how Ivy’s strategy should look like in SC6.

I can’t remember who I was talking to about this, but Ivy’s “ex move” from SCV, the bow and arrow move, doesn’t need you to be in soul charge state. I saw it done a few times in the CEO exhibitions.

So who’s still missing from the Classic charas?

I’ve counted the following:

• Yun Seong
  • Seong Mi-na
  • Cervantes
  • Astaroth
  • Voldo
  • Tira
  • Cassandra
  • Lizardman
  • Rock
  • Edge Master
  • Raphael
  • Setsuka

Sounds like virtually every single one of them has chances to appear in the main roster seeing how the cast is shaping up so far

Can’t even think of who could be downgraded to DLC, unless they’re just going all in on guest appearances

There are a few things I really don’t want this game to have:

• mimic characters (IMO a total waste of space)
  • multiple characters using the same weapons (shield and sword, giant axe etc.). Unfortunately we already have Sieg and Nightmare so there’s the risk of more to come.
  • Dampierre
1 Like

Hwang is more “classic” than Yun, he also belong to the SC1 arc that timeline wise is the closest to SC6

On general SC1rs should have prioritu over SC2rs in this

IMO no character should have priority by the game they debuted in but by how different their gameplay style is. Chronological coherence should not overrule gameplay diversity.

1 Like

This “reboot” happened because many SC fans (#metoo) found SC cast design gone from awesome to bullcrap in last chapters aka SCV: shittykids adventures

So you get SC6 returning to SC1 cast/design roots

So to stick to that (good) spirit, they should indeed aim at recreat dat SC1 vibe… with SC1 chars

In SC6 Kilik took his slot back from Xiba, Xianghua from leixia, Taki from Natsu and so on

Cervy, Voldo, Asta and Mina are just guaranteed

Praying to Hwang bro to don’t see his slot took by Yunshit, specially not in this game based on SC1 arc.
If happen in SC6, somebody in Namco definitely got the wife fucked by a Hwang, and that will explain years of curses thrown by former Hwang players at namco

Want Rock in too, tnx

From not-SC1 will like Raphael (rapier user is a must), Hilde and Setsuka

Well Talim should technically be a bit too young to fight here, but she’s mostly in her SC4 aesthetic where Project Soul felt she’s old enough to do things like wear skimpy shorts with a thong.

What this tells me is while SC6 takes place in some vague in-between of SC1 and 2, I don’t think it’s a hard rule and the roster can take liberties like SF4 did. The only people off the table are far future characters (SC5 exclusives) and people def too young to be around (Amy, Bangoo).

Outside of that anybody else is fine. I’m looking to Cassandra, myself, since having the same weapons does not translate to cloned movesets.

Yeah, but they still should aim for a balance of different fighting styles. Zasalamel being in is a good sign though, he’s positively different and I think he was well received in SCIII as well. I just hope they don’t stop there.

I’d still rather have completely different characters (say Sophitia and Hilde) in the game than Sophitia and Cassandra if we were limited to those two choices.

1 Like

we need a demo for this game asap

3 Likes
1 Like