Soulcalibur VI - Lounge

It’s not 20 characters. That’s a placeholder select screen.

we dont know if its a placeholder or not and since its the only source/info we got we have to assume its 20

They aren’t going to make the final roster only 20 characters. SCV had 31 characters and a good chunk of people were completely omitted from the game (Zas, Talim, Mina, etc.). They know that in order to bring back interest to the series, they’ll have to bring back a whole bunch of nostalgic characters. I’d expect the roster to be at least 25-30. That should be a good number.

we dont know the dlc plans for this game. maybe they start with the 20 and add more over time.
i guess we all have to wait for more infos.

So you’re telling me in a game that is 70% done according to the debs they still, haven’t decided in the final roster by now? Come on man

I’m going to believe 20 until stated otherwise.

They could always cut some characters if deadlines arent met.

Standard development for a new fighting game is to keep the roster on the smaller end.
SFV released with 16 characters, GG Xrd released with 12, etc.

20 characters in Soul Calibur will be great. That’s more than enough for a healthy meta. More will come, it’s more important that they get the system to work.

As long as it’s the classic core roster that’s fine. They can expand it. Just please less fanfiction OC characters

Last time it was 28

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/soulcalibur/images/3/36/Characters.png/revision/latest?cb=20170417083639

But it got a lot of crap

On other hand SC had an awesome cast and the great characters far outnumber 20 slots, let alone some being used for new characters or guest

But is possible they do a slot for extra “bonus” characters… both SF3 and SF4 had it

If the cast is 20, I could live with the SC2 roster + Tira & Setsuka. And 2 newbies just for a little refreshment

Drop the entire bottom row, Tira, Lizardman, Don Pierre, Ezio, Viola, Wolfboy. Replace the rest with their previous incarnations. 4 slots left, call one for Edgemaster. 2 new characters, 1 guest.

Cuts out almost all the characters I ever played sadly but that’s probably the crowd pleaser choice. Hilde is old enough and popular enough to fit into a reboot else I’d suspect she would also be on the chopping block, maybe for Talim

20 is just an impossible number to have anything that remind what i consider the dream cast

And that number is max 18, when you remove at least 1 for Guest and 1 for New

What i will like (without Hwang or Rock to be fucked out as usual)

18 barely cover SC1 cast

I hope for bonus ☆ slot

SC2 was the best it ever got in the series yawn

Spoiler

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/019/triggered.jpg

funny cause it kind of looks like me too

NEC17 Top 8

https://youtu.be/v4qntnVq5Jg

Sainyne is the best Ivy

If the cast is 20 then keep all the signature charcters and leave spots open for new and guest charcters. As long as I get Talim back I’m good.

What’s the point of “revising the original SoulCalibur” if they’re going to put SC2 roster? I actually expect Hwang, Rock, Siegfried and Aeon making in the base game. And from those 20, the supposed leak said 3 would be new so maybe Sieg and Nightmare could be back being one character with different skins and fit a guest. The rest will come as DLC.

But I’m a lot more worried about the mechanics now. I need more info or footage but we probably won’t get anything until next year.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have my hopes up for any character that made their debut in SC2-SC4.

Is’nt going to happen but