Skullgirls Gameplay Discussion Thanks For Playing

I’m curious about damage scaling. From wiki:

Compounding 85% means the scaling is:
100% 85% 72% 61% 52% 44% 38% 32% 27% 23% 20% 17% 15%

So on the 13th hit we’ve reached 15% scaling (and 10th hit reaches the 25% bottom for 1k+ attacks).

DHC’s reset scaling to 80%. After a DHC the scaling goes:
80% 68% 58% 49% 42% 35% 30% 26% 22% 19% 16% 15%

So after DHC’s, on the 12th hit we hit the 15% bottom scaling (9th hit for 25% for 1k+)

What I’m interested in is, I’m reading between the lines in the wiki that every hit scales independently, so multi-hitting moves basically rape your scaling. Is this a universal rule that every hit that registers on the combo counter scales once (except throw starters)?

Also, does this apply even to multihitting supers? Trying to think what the optimal way to abuse the DHC scaling reset is, is it best to whiff the actual super so you get an limited scaling combo after, or just let it rip.

Its slightly annoying the scaling is variable, so I can’t make good rules of thumb like in SF4 series (where if an attack does less that 10% of the damage of the combo, it should be removed from the scaling part to optimize damage).

maths

Spoiler

Scaling=
1.00000 0.85000 0.72250 0.61412 0.52201 0.44371 0.37715 0.32058 0.27249 0.23162 0.19687 0.16734 0.14224

DHCScaling=
0.80000 0.68000 0.57800 0.49130 0.41761 0.35496 0.30172 0.25646 0.21799 0.18529 0.15750 0.13387

Don’t forget that some assists might scale an insanely lot your damages. Like Cerebella’s Diamond drop gets your directly to 15% damages. I didn’t try with other assists but I believe it’s only with command grabs.

Yes, damage scaling is constant and universal for every move. How far in the combo you are determines how scaled the combo is and throws freeze scaling until the entire throw has completed.

The first 3 hits in a combo do full damage then the 4th hit will be 85% and so on with compounded scaling.

I made a damage scaling calculator on excel last fall for SG because the scaling is that simple.

I think there’s only one special rule outside of DHCs resetting scaling to 80% and that’s Cerebella’s 360 super. I forget the details but under some condition, the last hit will only do half damage.

Throwing off stagger like her sMP or Run > Throw

Just a curious question. Why doesn’t Mike Z give us frame data on skullgirls? Do you think he should or shouldn’t?

Who do you think is giving us frame data on the wiki? it not him, himself but someone close to the project he’s allowing to do it.

He had something to compile all the frame data but it broke.

There’s also the hitstun and blockstun bars in the training mode.

iirc he said that pizzarino was ironmanning the frame data down just like how the guide people do it… time consumng ass process.

it sucks that his old xbox broke with all the frames and stuff on it… but in the end though it isnt THAT needed, just something that helps.

-dime

I’ve discovered that Cerebella can cancel her AA grab with Showstopper. You jump, you get grabbed. You stay grounded, you get grabbed. Have fun with that.

Pizzarino is working on acquiring the frame data for the wiki. Not sure what his progress is though.

God damn that is scary tech right there

3/8 characters have frame data for their normals up

Filia
Valentine
Cerebella

Wow, very impressive. I didn’t think it would come out this fast. Pizzarino is a workhorse.

I believe any special can cancel into super. I remember NerdJosh using the runstop to cancel into Showstopper during Powerup

The point where your combo starts giving the victim more meter than you gain from seems to be around 20-30 hits, maybe/likely character dependent.

What are the Vulnerability frames on assists? There are times where I can punish dat ass or Napalm Pillar before it happens. Punishing it before it happens feels like a carp shoot.

2 frames of vulnerability on any and all assists before they go into start up.

That short? No wonder it feels inconsistent. The more I know

to whoever was talking about DHC glitches, if you do showstopper with bella, and DHC into valentines knives right after the last hit, the knives will whiff and you will recover in time to do a full combo with Val before they hit the ground.

It’s not a glitch, scaling going back up to 80% is intentional.

Meter scaling doesn’t reset though, just damage and the opponent can get a lot of meter from long combos. Just saying.

if you kill em, it doesnt matter how much meter they get.

also, I wasnt saying that it was a glitch, i just used that term because functionally, it works the same way as the DHC glitch in marvel, which makes it easier to explain.