Skullgirls Gameplay Discussion Thanks For Playing

I know right? That’s one hell of a matchup, especially for solobella.

Anyone else face this combo of characters before? What’s your gameplan and team for taking them down?

Your right… the body bag is pretty sick… but that’s not a normal… is it? thought it was a special…

Teleport->Swag Bag.

Gets 'em every time. :U

They can screw with filia pretty damn hard. I had to practice my best bnb with filia on every character specifically because some have weird airborne hitboxes which makes it easy to drop my combo :stuck_out_tongue:

I used that combo to make one of my friends ragequit the game. My other friend figure out that you can duck under the butt from an certain range. I’m not sure if that works for all versions of it though.

Any dash (i think) can be cancelled at any time by a throw or special throw
That means it’s easy and super effective to perform a** kara throw** in this game.

Forward dash xx LP+LK with Cerebella can catch people very far with the right timing. I didn’t try with everyone though

The wiki explain that kara throw are hard to use in this game so i thought i can point this at least

Stuff like canceling Titan Knuckle, Lock ‘n’ Load and the second hit of st. hk with her command throws makes Cerebella scary as fuck.

So we all know the PeaDouble team is some serious shit, and I decided to main it for now cause my friends all play Val and/or Bella and I don’t like dealing with that shit otherwise. My question is, what is Peacock’s best assist for Double? I know Peacock is the main attraction here but it would be good to be able to fight with Double if she needs to regain life or something.

You have a few options, st. hp, cr. hk, all versions of George, hp. Item drop just to name a few. Peacock doesn’t have a USE THIS ABOVE ALL OTHERS assist so it really comes down to personal preference.

as a filia player…I’m definitely not feeling the character specific bullshit.

I thought I had a combo that worked on everybody until Ms. Fortune. Soo mad right now at the cat lady.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Juggling tier list I made when practicing Valentine’s Cr. HP > Jp. HP > Jp. HK (2 hits) xx Dash xx HP xx QCF+HK

Easy:
Double (her juggle hurtbox seems pretty wide and she falls down fast)
Filia
Cera
Parasoul

Average:
Painwheel
Peacock

kinda hard
Valentine (Not really sure why but she seems very floaty when I juggle her)

Hard
Ms. Fortune (Can’t seem to hit her with the QCF+HK part at all)

Also, not really sure if this applies to the other characters or not but if it does then thats great.

as another Filia player… there’s only eight characters. personally, nbd.

Just wait until the character roster gets bigger.

Yeah Filia got a similar problem with her cr.hp loop:
(corner)s.lk, cr.mp, cr.hp, s.mp, cr.hp, s.mk, cr.hp xx whatever into super or something
It never works on Valentine and Fortune because they float too far away after cr.mp so cr.hp doesn’t connect and doesn’t work either on Double cause she falls too fast making ground bounce less effective after first cr.hp so no juggle afterward. It works really well on Peacock and seems to be working on Cerebella, Parasoul and Painwheel too.

we can do cr.MP > airdash j.MP > j.HK to restand double so hah, after the initial salt of everything being char specific, I figure I get to have more fun in the lab

Good stuff.

I have no problem with double assist, or peacock’s zoning, I got that shit.

But rushdown Valentine simply destroys my ass, I play solo fortune, and I get utterly murdered by valentines far reaching jumping normals and crouching attacks, I try and punish stuff I know is punishable and in turn get murdered. I need some tips on this bish, FUCK THAT BODY BAG SHIT!

What’s the specifics on quick rise? Can they be baited and punished?

Sometimes when I do a teachable OTG combo (yeah cuz I suck) and my opponent tries to quick rise and roll behind me he gets hit by my fierce punch instead. FP button press is part of the combo though it’s meant to be a command normal. The roll however screws up the direction input and makes regular FP comes out. I can’t tell if it’s because my opponent is doing something when he gets hit or the roll is actually vulnerable though.