Skullgirls Gameplay Discussion Thanks For Playing

Gen Dis is not very gameplay-related
Tier Thread is locked

Here’s where we discuss gameplay, matchups, tactics and all that sweet, juicy stuff.

Quick Resources:
Weights

Spoiler

Character Weights, not adjusted for boobie size

Lightest to Heaviest

Peacock
Painwheel
Ms. Fortune
Filia
Valentine
Parasoul
Cerebella
Double

Health and Damage Distribution

Spoiler

http://i.minus.com/i0dGg2vXHeEgu.png

Useful Links
Skullgirls Character Directory
Skullgirls Wiki on SRK

Yeah as long as we can talk about the characters based in matchups and strategies that should work.

Interesting tidbit I’ve found mentioned on the forum that is probably lost:

Super Jump turns you towards your opponent if you cross up.

So if you do a super jump instant airdash, when you cross up you’ll turn towards the opponent.

Another important nuance:

Example would be doing Valentine’s Savage Bypass into Checkmate Incision/EKG Flatliner where you do both quarter circle forward :qcf: motions in the same direction.

Oh my god I’m so gonna abuse the shit out of this with Filia. Thanks a bunch!

HOW IT SHOULD BE

As much as I love MvC3 (Not so much Ultimate, more so vanilla) it’s one of the things I HATED about that game… how your character didn’t turn to face your opponent in the air.

and regular jump shouldn’t because that’s how crossups should work, you need a hitbox that sortof goes behind the character.

If you Superjump they got more time to react (you’re higher up) so that’s your advantage for not needing to use a specific normal/space it properly…

As I was writing that I realized you could SJ air dash… but I think there’s a height limit for air dashes so it wouldn’t be too bad… … … right?

edit: Filia is easy to handle normally anyway, I think she needs something like that…
Valentine… her air dash makes her move diagonally upward right? hard to do a crossup I think…
Painwheel… does she have an air dash? or just a fly? painwheel’s a pain to deal with she DOESN"T need something like that to help her, (I’m saying this loosely, there’ll always be things discovered that can still change the balance of things)

I bet it will become scary with Valentine’s crazy air normals.

oh? what crazy air normals does valentine have?

I know Body Bag is pretty damn incredible but I don’t know enough about the character to say more.

Only air normals I need are SAY YA PWAYERS and DOWN HERE!

Every of her air normals?
I don’t play her but when I fight one they have like 4 or 5 air normal they use that have pretty good range/comes out fast/ are multihit.

How are Cerebella’s DHCs?

I was doing it with Fortune, I think IAD is the same height restriction regardless if you jump or super jump.

Painwheel has no airdash.

Another important resource: Weights

Character Weights, not adjusted for boobie size

Lightest to Heaviest

Peacock
Painwheel
Ms. Fortune
Filia
Valentine
Parasoul
Cerebella
Double

Diamond dynamo is an excellent DHC starter and ender (provided the opponent isn’t too far away). It deals good damage, has invincibility on startup, OTGs easily, has a huge ass hitbox, and even deals good chip if you make a mistake and hit them on block.

She can DHC out of showstopper on hit, but it already goes GDLK damage, so whether or not it’s worth it is debatable. I cant remember how long you can wait before DHCing out of it though…

Her level 3 I could see being useful for if you make a fuck up, but it’s risky due to the meter, and how it’s damage without the first hit isn’t as good as other lvl 3s. But it’s got super armor out the ass, so there’s that.

Damage/Health Distribution of Teams

You can dhc right after the last hit if you do it like, really goddamn fast.

Do you guys feel the character specific combos are such a huge thing? It was speculated it would be

It doesn’t really bother me that much.
Guess that must be because the Parasoul corner loop combo works on everyone as long as they’re standing lol.
Edit: Wait I forgot, it actually KILLS ME for Filia ;_;.

I just find it funny people complained that people “everyone always does the same combos” now they have a game where you have to learn and use different ones.

yes and no
it’s huge if you have to adjust your combo for every other char, but there isn’t a lot of chars so it’s not that bad and you could always try and learn a more universal combo if it’s too much for you

Peacock + Double butt = My god…