{ ShellExecute ('Iron_Avenger.exe') } //UMvC3 Iron Man combo thread

I think the issue with it is the fact that you can’t directly connect :s: after a c.:m: at max range. =\

The harder combo works from any range of c.:m: though. D:
And I’mma go HAM on some Iron Man combos after Thursday at 5:30. O: Krispy Kreme gawn be delicious!!!

Hey you guys should reread every post on this page if you want to know why you can’t count on that combo like you can count on the new Krispy Kreme combo. We really don’t need to keep going over this again and again.

I thought the combo Pratman and Destin were referencing is one that takes advantage of Iron Man’s ability to link a normal after L Smart Bomb. Is that possible at Max Range? I mean I thought you would just go do a ground series, S, air series, S, L Smart Bomb, than link c.M straight into H into S? Is there something I’m missing here? Can you not relaunch after L Smart Bombs?

No what he’s saying is try doing a crouching M from the farthest distance from the opponent that the move will stil hit. Now go try to finish your combo. The first launcher will whiff because you started the combo from too far away. If you try a crouching M from the farthest distance away from the opponent then went into Krispy Kreme the full combo would connect.

Seriously…learn this combo, took me about 5 days to perfect but it was well worth it (practicing around 30mins a day on the combo)
Also I only play online and still can pull off the combo as much as I can in training mode so that’s not an excuse…

Save your air swag combos for in the corner or off of corner throws or TACs…tbh the most important part about marvel is being stylish :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh alright, I understand now. L Smart Boms, c.M link does not give you enough space to connect your Launcher. Sorry for the confusion. :frowning: I’ll just get to grinding on the Krispy Kreme combo then. :slight_smile:

In order to link off the Smart Bomb, it has to be relatively early in a combo. Like after a throw, air throw, or after a basic ground magic series to air magic series.

Using Iron Man’s magic series on the ground means you have to be really close to your opponent. That’s where it’s more limited compared to the Krispy combo. Krispy lets you confirm the hit from much further away.

Chances are if someone’s complaining about his launcher not hitting, it’s probably because they aren’t doing the Krispy combo which intentionally uses flight and a jump combo to position you right up next to them.

A quick video of a 50/50 reset I came up with using Strange EoA assist:

[media=youtube]OMPVA0p2goM[/media]

The first launcher, the cl cm h s part will whiff. The fourth move you even do in the combo will whiff if you are not in the corner or close to the opponent. The launcher will just completely miss the opponent if done from relatively far away

NIIIICEEEE. Been working on something similar only with drones

As a fun thing with Eye of Agamotto, you can use his Light Repulsar Blast to pull them out of the Eye assist, then Repulsor Spread them back into it, then Light Repulsar Blast again. Juggle 'em around a bit :wink:

how do you guys combo smart bomb easily from mid screen into proton canon consistently ?

Dash foward when you land and smart bombs canceling it relatively late.

What are some of the things you guys have come up with in flight mode after you launch? I’ve tried some pretty basic stuff, like launching then :m: :m: :h: Fly, :m: :m: :h:, Dash Forward :m: :m: :h: and trying to finish off with :S:

Yeah, that combo suffers from the launcher not connecting at max range. So you don’t do it if you are at max range when you start the combo…

Really now guys, it’s not that difficult. After that, it’s all gravy. And if I am at max range, I just use some easy ass flight variant. The L bomb probably should be staple for most players. It’s might be the easiest strong IM combo.

This one is just for looks :smiley:
[media=youtube]nePRKgHh5RA[/media]

Had a question about the Krispy combo in Ultimate, can I just do :l: after fly, or do I HAVE to connect with :m: first? Because connecting with :m: right after fly is inconsistent for me right now, I’m guessing that you just have to do :m: immediately after you input fly. Either way, I’m still practicing the combo, I never got a chance to play Vanilla so I was never able to practice this combo when it was actually first discovered.

j.:l: after fly works, but it limits the range that the combo works at. j.:m: hits from further away and so it lets you convert the hit off a poke from further away.

You could try to use j.:l: when you’re closer and j.:m: for further ranges, but I think you’re ultimately adding extra work to the combo for having to learn multiple versions at different ranges (and then recognizing those during a match) when there’s one combo that fits all sizes.

That makes sense. In fact, I was just trying to hit j. :m: after doing fly from connection cr. :m: from the longest range possible, and was amazed that it worked. But man, I dont know why I’m so inconsistent when it comes to connecting j. :m: after fly. I’m really sure its as simple as doing it as fast as possible after doing fly.

Either way, I think after enough practice, I’ll get it down. What are some of you guys’ ideas on flight combos after launch?

Okay, I learned the Krispy UMVC3 variant. Like previous post say its great for when you confirm a max range hit, but I still think you should use a l.smartbomb relaunch combo if you connect close enough to the opponent.

Yeah if it’s a punishment situation (when they’re close to you and vulnerable, like after a blocked Bionic Arm or something) and you’re comfortable learning and practicing multiple combos, go for it.