{ ShellExecute ('Iron_Avenger.exe') } //UMvC3 Iron Man combo thread

The point of this thread is to consolidate all of Iron Man’s Ultimate Combos into a single place. This will allow players to post their findings as well as find the information that they are looking for easily. I collected information from the previous thread that still contained the vanilla combos.

Legend:
s = standing
c or cr = crouching
L = Light
M = Medium
H = Heavy
S = Exchange
j = jump(ing) or while in air
sj = super jump
u+H = up + Heavy
d+H = down + Heavy
xx=cancel
add = air dash down
adf = air dash forward
adu = air dash up
aduf = air dash up + forward
addf = air dash down + forward

First, here is Shinquickman’s Krispy Kream combo he modified for Ultimate. Going from Midscreen to corner.

[media=youtube]I7S2beTBzHo[/media]

j.M, j.S, c.M, s.H xx fly, j.M, j.M, j.H xx unfly, j.H, land, j.u+F, j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, land, c.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, land, H Smart Bombs xx Proton Cannon.

DoctahErick’s Ultimate video with some nice variety on starting your combos.

[media=youtube]EpbUWssxoiY[/media]

1.) j.S, cr.M, s.S, sj.d+H xx ADDF, sj.H, [ ] j.M, j.M, j.H, j.d+H, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

2.) j.S, cr.M, s.S, sj.M, sj.H xx ADF, sj.M, sj.H xx Flight, sj.M, sj.u+H xx ADU, sj.M, sj.H xx ADF, sj.M, sj.d+H xx ADF, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

3.) j.M, j.H, j.d+H, j.S, [ ] j.M, j.H, j.d+H, j.S, [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

4.) j.S, cr.M, s.H xx Flight, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S, [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

5.) Airthrow Forward, Smart Bomb L, ADF, j.M, j.u+H [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

6.) (Corner) Throw Forward, Smart Bomb L, s.M, s.H xx Flight, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S, [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

7.) j.S, cr.M, s.H xx Flight, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S, [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Assist 1 ~ Smart Bomb H, Repulsor Blast H xx Spread, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

DoctahErick’s 1,016,500 combo with two assists.

[media=youtube]MKzkPYgCeuE[/media]

j.S, cr.M, s.H, cr.H xx Flight, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S [ ] j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.d+H, sj.S, Assist 1 ~ Smart Bomb H, Repulsor Blast H xx Spread, Assist 2 ~ Dash ~ Smart Bomb H, Replusor Blast H xx Spread, Dash, Smart Bomb H xx Proton Cannon

Shadow2Bolt’s video of Iron Man’s Rom, do we know if this is corner only?

[media=youtube]vRzq-HPdrFY[/media]

s.S, (sj.H , add, j.u+H)x3, s.H, s.S, j.d+H, j.S, Smart bomb, Proton cannon

Please let me know if I need to correct any of the combos or with any ideas/suggestions. I’ll try to keep the thread updated with useful combos that aren’t just reposts. Also, please keep the thread purely about his combos, videos showing the combos being executed, and general tactics and play.

Reserved.

Reserved.

I recommend I different title, not because yours is bad (I actually get it), but it should probably have the phrase, “Iron Man Combo Thread” some where in the title. In which case the fun part of the name will have to be a bit shorter.

Otherwise good work!

I was just tired of lame ones, haha. I’ll figure something out, thanks!

I love the title name as well. Tony will probably take me an entire month to learn I’m sure. I hope someone is willing to create an Iron Man combo tutorial for those of us with average execution skills.

These combos are so difficult. :frowning: My most reliable one is the one in the guide, which does 720,900 damage. For those don’t have it, here is the notation:

cr.L, cr.M, s.H, cr.H xx Fly j.M, j.M, j.H, j.DH, S, land, forward jump j.M, j.M, j.dH, S, land, cr.M, S forward super jump, j.M, j.M, j.dH, S, Land, forward dash, H Smart Bombs OTG xx Proton Cannon (or Iron Avenger)

Iron Man is going to take a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Just gotta keep advancing Stark Technology.

The most stable reliable combo as far as I know is Shiquickman’s Krispy Kream. There are easier version of the Krispy Kream, but they don’t work at max range, so I wouldn’t waste alot of time learning a version of a combo that won’t always work.

I’m gonna start learning that one then, I believe it also results in more meter gain in addition to more damage.

Does L Repulsor Blast have any utility in combos outside of extended corner combos with assists? You can do cr.L, cr.M, s.H xx L Repulsor Spread, c.M, s.H xx L Repulsor then do a spread, but I don’t think its useful unless anyone finds something with it. He could do this in the old game though.

One more question: I heard Iron Man can link certain moves after Smart Bomb…what strength smart bomb is it and what normals are they?

At the beginning of a combo after… say a throw, you can L smart bomb into a s.H/S or any move with lesser startup than that.

The new smart bombs are also nice for combing off of stuff like Vajra. Too bad IM’s dash is so slow most of the time you won’t be able to make to the opponent to do said combo.

:d::h: + Vajra Assist xx Light Unibeam… Vajra hits, run up and L Smart Bomb works at decent distance.

I’ll try to make an intro Iron Man video soon, I’m working on a Magneto one since I get asked about him more so.

I need something thats good as a Midscreen combo. Iron man can put together the most random crap in the corner and still get about 500k (pre-ender). i need that MIDSCREEN.
So far ive just been doing that Day 1 Shady K combo.

I have a simple Fly loop for like 460k, but it knocks them too far midscreen to finish it.

My copy of Umvc3 broke lol, so im kinda guessing the numbers. lol

[media=youtube]D8PMDllGM9E[/media]
I would suggest doing DoctahErick’s #4 combo over Krispy Kream’s for anyone that is executionally challenged like myself. It’s quite a bit easier if you make some small adjustments. Basically I do: j.H, cr.M, s.H xx Flight, j.L, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S, land, j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.S, land, dash(if not in the corner),Smart Bomb L xx Proton Cannon. 702k(moderate mashing) and will work at any distance.

Note: In the corner, with the right assist, instead of ending it with Proton Canon you can do the following: [[ j.H, cr.M, s.H xx Flight, j.L, j.M, j.H, j.u+H, j.S, land, j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S, cr.M, s.H, s.S, sj.M, sj.M, sj.H, sj.S, land,]] call assist, smart bomb L, repulsor L for maximum length, burst, smart bomb L XX Proton Canon. I’ve done this both with Ammy cold star assist and Spider-Man web swing assist and it adds around 70k more damage.

Execution notes: The only things I changed from the good doctor’s combo is that I do L after fly because the M has stupidly tricky timing to me, and I don’t go for j.d+H before S to smack them down as I tended to whiff S a lot doing that. Also, another point that I often dropped the combo at was the j.M, j.M, j.d+H, j.S series after landing from fly, you have to quickly press j.M, j.M keep the opponent up in the air, but you have to more slowly press j.d+H, j.S to make sure they’re pushed low enough for c.M to hit. Hope this will help someone.

[media=youtube]QIezPjDSwBQ[/media]

Edit: Oh right, I tripped over my pvr box and realized: “You know with stuff like this I personally prefer visual aid”, so video added.

The problem with those combo’s is that they don’t work at max range.

I know I keep repeating that, but when they don’t even work most of the time AND don’t do more damage, then they aren’t easier combos, they are inferior combos.

Could you define “maximum range”? Are you referring to the maximum range c.M hits? I’m honestly not sure what you mean. And while it is an inferior combo by 25k damage(a little more than 1/3 of some unscaled Light attacks), it gets close, gives a bit of meter gain, and is less likely to drop and thus more reliable for folks like myself as I had early stated are “executionally challenged”. Oh right and I’m surprised I didn’t realize this, but if you’re in the corner and did H smart bomb before proton canon, it becomes 717k so at that point I’d say the damage difference is pretty negligible.

Put it this way, dash up next to someone and :d::l: them 6 times. Mash it until Iron Man’s :d::l: no longer hits them. Start your combo off :d::m: from this distance and see what happens. Note that you can still do :d::m: into the Krispy Kream combo from this range.

The combos you posted won’t work from that range because his j.:l: doesn’t hit at the same horizontal range as his j.:m:, and you’re finishing the first air series with a j.:s: instead of Unfly->j.:h:. j.:s: also has less horizontal range than j.:h:.

Just mastering the Krispy combo really takes away a lot of the work from his game. You don’t have to know like 20 different combos to play Iron Man. That one fills in most places. Here are the combos I practice:
[LIST]
[]Krispy BNB Midscreen
[
]Krispy BNB Corner
[]Air Throw midscreen
[
]Air Throw corner
[]Throw corner
[
]XF1 combos of the above
[/LIST]
That’s it. And the air throw and throw combos are really basic and easy too.

You also need to get comfortable with his Unfly stuff anyway because it’s a huge part of his neutral game.

KJunk hit the nail on the spot. Learn the combo, its way more efficient. The Executionally challenged videos are inferior not because of damage but range. fortunately comboing j.M off of fly is not a 1 frame link or anything.

I started playing him like a week ago I guess? And I feel like I have his Krispy Kream BNB 95%+ down at this point, even in matches. The only tough part for me still is doing 2 assist extensions because the timing windows are tight and the inputs are DP’s off dashes. Even that is consistently improving though, so I feel good about it going forward.

I’m curious if anyone has found a way to combo off of his midscreen throw? I’ve tried doing plink dashes and wave dashes into L Smart Bomb and haven’t had much luck. I’ve tried air dash stuff as well but haven’t been able to make it work.