{ ShellExecute ('Iron_Avenger.exe') } //UMvC3 Iron Man combo thread

Ah, I can understand that. Though as someone that recently picked up Iron Man, I was only thinking about how to make the combo easier and not it’s applications as a punish or it’s functionality outside of connecting from the initial j.H.

Just do the same combo but substitute j.L for j.M.

That’s the first part. The other part is doing the Unfly j.H at the end of the first air string. He’s just using j.S, which works in most cases but has a little less horizontal range than j.H

You also gotta do the Unfly>jC part which is a bit tricky at first.

Edit: Ninja’d…:frowning:

anyone know the notation for Iron Man’s smart bomb loop after the exchange? I saw Alucard trying to do it during the NEC stream but he never finished it.

[media=youtube]ADtf_vOiyyo[/media] I wish this combo worked at max range, but this is like the first combo I came up with… I finally got to recording it today lol.

I’m trying to master the crispy kreme combo. Everything seems pretty easy except for the unfly, j.h part. I keep trying to unfly but end up getting j.s. I’m not gonna give up, because of the reasons that everyone mentioned on how efficient and effective the combo is, plus mastering unfly will help iron me block during air dashes. Any tips?

Open up your inputs and see what’s happening.

If I miss it, it’s usually because I miss the diagonal input, or I input the j.:s: on the Unfly too soon, that kinda stuff.

If the Unfly j.:h: isn’t coming out in time, you just have to do it faster. But you actually have plenty of time to do it, so being clean with the inputs is the more important part IMO.

I actually have problems with the unfly portion at times as well. Apparently, you can press j.H after the unfly too EARLY, causing nothing to come out. That’s just all sorts of silly.

There are a bunch of different ways to approach that from piano tap inputs to holding down S while pressing H and so on, . In the end it’s just timing and precise inputs.

I started off fudging it a lot just hoping my fingers figured it out. That wasn’t working well. Then I took a bit to slow it down and now it’s much more clean and reliable.

Here are the tough parts of the combo with some advice for each part:
[LIST=1]
[]:d::m::h: xx Fly (Confirming into this to get it going - practice confirming off tridash j.:m:, :d::l:'s, etc.)
[
]j.:m::m::h: (Linking the first j.:m: after the fly - just grind it out in training mode)
[]Unfly, j.:h: (Precise inputs to get the unfly, and then get the j.:h: out on time as you fall - check your input data and be precise)
[
]Land, Jump Up+Forward (If you’re in the corner against small characters, it can be much easier timing-wise to jump straight up - just have to remember your screen position)
[]j.:m::m::d::h::s: (Delay the :s: after the :d::h: against smaller/floatier characters to bring them closer to the ground before you land - have to eyeball it and know which characters cause issues. For example, Wesker can be slippery here for no good reason)
[
]Land, :d::m::h::s: Pursuit j.:m::m::h::d::h::s: Land (This is the easiest part, magic series heyo). You can add the extra air dash up portion here too if you’re comfortable with it, but I find that taxes HSD to make the assist extensions more difficult.
[/LIST]
At this point you either do assist extensions or just OTG into super, or reset, or whatever.

damn Iove that combo Pulsr. I think imma use that, I like combos that begin with the launch, just cause I do it by habit when Im playing.

I’m working on mastering the Krispy myself, I’ve finally got it down somewhat reliably, just gotta figure out where I’m going wrong when the post-unfly ‘j.M j.M j.dH j.S’ part only connects with a single j.M and whiffs the rest. Loving the combo though, seems that if nothing else training myself to go for a fly/unfly helps avoid those all-too-frequent whiffed launchers that plagued me at the beginning.

I remember someone saying that connecting the j.M after the fly was a tough link, but there’s an easy visual cue. As IM rises off the ground, hit M once his head passes A1’s lifebar, but before he makes it all the way to A2’s. Still kinda tight, but having that as a reference helped me get it into muscle memory a lot faster than some other stuff.

At that point if the second j.M is whiffing, I’m guessing you’re in the corner and jumping up+forward on a smaller character? In those cases you can just jump straight up and it should help make that more consistent.

I always thought it was because the opponent is falling too low. =\

Hey guys. I was looking at the inputs in this video but I can’t make out how I’m suppose to go about getting out the H’s so fast. Any help please?[media=youtube]mR30mvaFutM[/media]

I think I already mentioned this, but um, whatever ground combo, air H, 2H, S, land, dash up l smart bombs, 2M, 5S, air combo finish is SUPER easy and like, 760k or something. Super easy. In the corner you obviously get more.

I think I read some other people talking about this within the last week or so and apparently IM’s ADB allows him to act sooner than his ADF.

Yup.

Uh this combo is retarded easy and gets great damage anywhere on the screen. If done midscreen, you just need to dash for the l.smart bomb into c.m. This is my BnB for now…stupid easy.

I’m gonna mess with variations of this after finals are over. No use learning a harder combo that does LESS damage.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk