SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Change is coming anyway lol.

Tekken cast patch notes tomorrow/day after.

Wow, no wonder no one likes this game lol.

congrats to Sethlolol getting first. And congrats to Jibbo and Ryan on placing high. It could have been a Defense Force GF :frowning: .

There’s nothing depressing about Combofiend winning in this tourney.
Combofiend is solid in this game. Even Ryan was saying how impressed he was.

There was absolutely nothing depressing about this tournament at all. Turn out was huge. Apparently, I overheard Alex Valle say that SFxT met the 256 cap when I was there. There were crowds gathering around the good players during casuals. Overheard many folks discussing the balance patch. A lot of people were genuinely interested in this game.

Got to play casuals against Jibbo, Combofiend, Sethlolol, etc. It was really fun. (shoutouts to Jibbo for actually remembering me from EVO)

But, yeah, other than the many people who like this game, no one likes this game.

Kinda sad that neither Jibbo, Hunter, alexkd didn’t make the finals but congratz to Sethololol! Good to see yet another SFxT player WIN on stream IN a major

DAMN IT I JUST MISSED SFXT STREAM. DAMN MY NEW JOB, well kinda not really. I WANTED TO SEE SETHLOLOLS TEAM! Damn and combo fiend up there too.

Will08 played him in a first to five not too long ago, like this past thursday and said that combofiend was real strong as a player. took the set 5-2. Combofiend is a smart player and he does like this game but he trolls others that don’t. God HE IS OUR YIPES OF THE SFXT Community. I only want him to commentate sfxt from now on lol.

Gah I missed the tourney, is the stream uploaded anywhere?

Click on the “Videos” tab under the video player.

spoiler alert for people who haven’t watched the thing yet.

Man I know Jibbo must hate himself for losing that one. He was doing pretty well at first. Then there was that round where he had a big life lead and tried to lame it out until time out. But Combofiend found that little opening to gain life lead and take the round. And everything just went downhill from there. I could tell he kinda lost his confidence at that point because he was playing really nervously and made mistakes he wouldn’t normally do. Anyway, props to him. Glad he was able to make it to the tournament. :slight_smile:

btw Combofiend is not ass lol. I keep reading Jibbo’s a fraud for losing to him. PLEASE. Combofiend’s a solid player overall and yeah he used to be kinda meh in this game but he has improved a lot since EVO.

I only catched a couple of matches from Ryan. But that set between Ryan Hunter and Alex Valle was awesome. Matches were hype. I was surprised at all the huge risks Ryan was taking, especially at one point when he had very little life left and still went for that EX counter point blank on Alex Valle’s wake up. Apparently Ryan lost to PR Rog’s ABC mashing with Cody? Is that true? That’s what I read on the stream but I didn’t see the match. God if that’s really what happened he must’ve been so pissed lol. That fucking Cody. From UltraDavid’s mouth: “Cody is a more effective wall than Zangief”.

Kinda sad that Jibbo and Ryan ended up fighting each other so soon. (I didn’t see this match but it must’ve been a heart breaking win. :frowning: ) I wanted to see more matches from Ryan. Sethlolol vs Ryan would’ve been swell.

Good match between Bad Intent and Mike Ross. I didn’t catch much of Bad Intent but he was playing pretty solid from what I saw there.

Also, it was cool to see Xykes repping team Milk Chocolate vs TZA who I’ve also seen around here. :smiley:

And of course, good shit to Sethlolol for taking it against Combofiend and avenging general Jibbo. I was impressed by your play good sir. Very strong team synergy and sick setups. Hum, I mean… NICE GIMMICKS. :rolleyes:

GGs everyone. I wish I was there with you guys.

So is Seth still all gimmicks or is Joe Lewis gonna shit all over his $2500+ and his play?

Good shit to Jibbo and Seth.

Ryan Hunter sucks lol

kappa

Lol Cee Dizzy beat me to it.

He’s hungry for that CrossCar man.

I still think its a gimmick team; My opinion won’t ever change.

Im suprised people still remember that.

yes Ryan lost to lmhh lmhh lmhh lmhh lmhh lmhh. I was waiting for him to raw launch that shit, but the range on Cody’s lk is crazy, it was heart breaking :frowning: .

SHHHHHHHH! Remember, the tekken characters are suppose to be “bad”. You can’t win with low tier. the game is not balanced and it’s always ryu winning…wait as a matter of fact i don’t think ryu has won any of the sfxt tournies and has got nerfed the hardest. Man the tourney players and online players are in such different worlds sometimes. =D Gj to all who played. I gotta go watch the archive later after i rest a bit.

Raw launching that bullshit from Cody is tough and requires tons of conviction and a shit ton of luck! Honestly fighting Cody is nothing but a gamble in his current state. I’m so glad that match made it on stream because now the entire world can see just how much of a bullshit character cody is.

Im just happy that theres only one Cody team in finalsin December so far.

Id put so much money that the next Cody team is going to be some bullshit that Prodigal Son is going to play.

HE DID THE SAME SHIT AT NYC. Will08 was like he’s not gonna do that shit again and he did CR.LK OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH KAZ LOL.

RIP CODY cr.LK

2012-2013

remember that phrase you always said. You gotta be tatsu to punish that. Well tatsu flat out destroyed him when they played. Launchers all day.

Cant tell of sarcasm or not, but infiltration has been cleaning up tournies with Ryu and Rolento.