SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Sentinel was nowhere near the worst nerf in the MvC3 to Ultimate transition.
Yang from AE to 2012 is also far worse. than Cody/Ryu
Chill, seriously

They should present the changes to the public and then with feedbacks about it They should refine their decisions. I wonder who are the people involving in balancing this game. Do they hire any pro player to give their feedback or they use any Joe blow ?

Lili duuuuh.

Yeah, Tron Bonne got hit the hardest with the nerf bat pretty much. :sad:

Honestly I will be happy with wherever this patch takes the game as long as they don’t horribly disfigure Cammy, Asuka, Jin, Juri and Lili.

Mostly Asuka and Cammy though.

Asuka has great crossup options and super damaging links. Hell, her normals are pretty awesome too. Couple that with the fact that she has good anti airs, and low AND high auto-punish counters. That’s some scary shit right there. She has options like Dudley, and mobility like Cammy. And I think that’s what draws me to her hence Cammy is my ultimate main and Dudley was a frequent sub for me in AE and 3S. Also, Asuka is a forced to be reckoned with if you know how to use her with Pandora.

However I wouldn’t complain if Bryan got a damage nerf. :coffee:

The single most nerfed characters from MvC3 to Ultimate is definitely Tron Bonne (without her amazing assist she really wasn’t very good and yet they still gave her even more nerfs beyond that) and Dante. Oh god Dante.
[media=youtube]fusyc7H_5xM[/media]
He got smashed in the face with the nerf bat and yet he’s still one of the best characters in Ultimate, that’s how broken he was.

Event Hubs and YouTube comments by the looks of it.

Man, that music fits how sad it actually is perfectly. They nerfed two of my favorite characters the hardest.

Seeing that vid makes me wanna go pick up another copy of Vanilla just for shits and giggles…:rofl:

it’s speculation… take it for what it’s worth.

this is including the tekken changes.

Again speculation. I’m making a guess.
I suspect Gief, Yoshi and Christie and possibly even Elena will be up there.

Again a guess. Curious to see how it turns out tho.

Gief is fine… nerf bat hit like an actual nerf bat…

Tron Bonne nerfs were fucking harsh. That’s not even considering system nerfs that hit her as well.

I eventually picked her back up but fuck she felt horrible.

Well it helped me to decide to drop Guile and Rolento and keep Blanka. Since he got nerfed, while he desperate needed buffs!, but he got nerfed a lot less than other characters so maybe he could be better tier’d than in this version.

Let’s wait how they are gonna destroy my other characters (King, Kuma and Jack-x). And please nerf the mishima’s Ryu-style

I’ll still be playing Guile.

And since they’re not touching Megaman, he’s only getting stronger! :lol:

I still don’t understand the magnitude of the nerfs she got to her point abilities. I still play her, but she needs a long-lasting lockdown assist to help her actually do anything and extend combos to not be a waste-of-flesh.

On the subject of SFxT’s patch though, I’m glad Abel got a buff and I plan on moving him to my main team with Hei now. I’m expecting buffs to Yoshi such as a way to make Seppuku useful, and hitboxes that actually match his HP animations. Raven’s gonna get a nerf to shurikens to prevent runaway, and buffs to his non-jab normals most likely. Alter-Ego may recieve a tweak or two, hopefully, to give him a reversal option. Lei Orchid Loops will be nerfed for sure, as will JACK’s everything. Paul will recieve buffs due to popular request, and Bob will be tweaked for the better too. I-Can-CADC-My-Ground-Strings-And-Keep-Comboing Chang will defenitely be tweaked, and her upkick as well as Hwo’s Skyrocket will recieve more DP-like qualities, predictably (but with the blockstun nerf the SF side got as well). Not expecting much in terms of Mishima nerfs, outside of maybe Heihachi’s pressure game, but even then only slightly. Jin’s fireball game will take a hit though. I don’t see much in terms off buffs or nerfs for Lili, outside of upper-body invuln to Angel Knee as her anti-air option. Not sure on everyone else, never really used them.

Oh, and Ogre nerfs. I’m talking that he’s gonna be TTT2 True-Ogre bad.

Awesome, I’m already used that capcom nerfs my favorite characters, and I always end up using characters that are already low-tier.
But like I said before, I’ll always find a way to use them.

Jack-X is in for it, as are the Mishimas. King, I’d lol if they nerfed poor old King. I wouldn’t put it past them tbh, maybe his elbow rush if I had to pick anything. Capcom have it in for anything that can lock players down.

They’re gonna give his throws more damage and nerf the rest, it’s gonna be a train-wreck but you just can’t look away.

GOOD LUCK KOJIIIIIIII SHOW THEM THE POWAH OF DARK ALISA!! what time does sfxt start and wheres it being streamed?

Guile is too good in his current incarnation, he needed nerfs for the sake of game balance. He’ll still be good after the nerfs, just not untouchable with meter like he is now.

the only issue i have with guile is that his air to airs always beat mine, and one time i got air grabbed out of my air command grab with Guy >.>

Vega will completely decimate Guile now