SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

I’m still giving Lili a look here and there but honestly, I’ve gotten recruited back to the Julia Army now. :rock: Still good to see more Lili’s around though. :slight_smile:

BOO JULIA!!! You tier whore!!! >:(

I use julia as a partner, two nature lovers. I use elena to start it off but I can’t open no one up.

I have a hard time with characters that have a rapid fire normals. I don’t play the knock down game with elena. I try for frame traps with her cr.:lk: and than when I have enough distance I use her to low crush normals ( :hk: & :b::hk: ) to get a counter hit. To bad crouch jabs can beat it. IMO those moves should beat low everything.

Yo Roknin, what system do you play on? We should throw down a few matches sometime.

Ggs to SolidRose! Your Lili definitely is one of the better ones I’ve seen on PSN. I gotta steal some of dat Heavy Languish CADC tech from you. Fun matches and sometimes mirrors just make me, “derp” lol. Fun matches and hope we get to fight some more. Now to deal with some “not-so-fun” matches against Will08’s fortress, known as Julia.

how was akuma?

Did you guys run a ft100? that took forever invite me :slight_smile:

Akuma had some nice set-up’s like dat St. :hk: whiff to Super. I fell for that like 5 times trying to punish whiffed :hk: lol. His demon flip set-ups were pretty intense too. I had to play lame at times because you basically taught me not to try anything slick with Akuma if he has meter. He wasn’t nearly as rage inducing as yours though, I dunno how you do it but wow, you make the match-up feel impossible to win.

I actually took that demon setup from him actually. He does has some tricky demoflip setups too. Need to use them more often.

I sent invite.

How can I make her look like Karin?

That feeling when you spend an hour in training mode practicing a Pandora set-up, and the stars align, giving you the perfect opportunity to land that Pandora combo for the win in a match…and you screw it up and die.

>:(:mad::annoy::arazz::lame::wasted:

Losing track of your avatar William lol, pretty sure it’s a new one now o_O

Got wrecked by Will08’s Julia for free yet again. I can’t even AC anything thrown out by Julia for crap, I may have to learn how to use the character so I can figure out the timing on it. There’s nothing I can do against Julia once I’m put in the corner as it is now.

Erm…let’s just say most of it was NSFW. BUT!!! I shall make this period worthwhile because I mean at the end of the day, as long as people come away saying to themselves: ‘Damn I actually learnt something.’ I’m cool with it :D.

At first I thought ‘Man Akuma can handle these lot’ but as the long set rolled on, it went down-hill faster than a lightning bolt striking a tree to then fall on top of someone.

Personally, I’m not as used to playing long sets with people mainly because I’ll be like: ‘YEAH!!!’ after match 1-2, get too cocky and then lose the rest…I think it’s a case of not showing all of what you can do within the first 5 minutes of game-play.

The penny dropped the moment I remembered one of Songi’s posts saying something like: ‘I tend to sandbag the first mirror match’ or something like that after a heard his Lili get KOed I was like: ‘DAMN!!!’.

Then again, it is something to learn from at least and I gained some match-up experience against Xiaoyu and Lili mirrors which for some reason I actually erm…don’t mind.

Although jumping into the deep end at first is something that must be considered when taking on one of the best Xiaoyu Players on PSN.

I also realized that I’m a little sucker for raw launchers as well.

On top of this, I also realized that I gotta put a little bit more faith in Lili: too often I was trying to soldier it alone with Akuma which I think cost me quite a bit (BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT EVER!!!)

OHHHHHHH and yes and before I forget, like OZ, I do have these matches on HD PVRamera.

Then again I am looking forward to these next sets of battles. Although I hate to be vengeful but Songi is going on my Misogi hit-list along with OZ, I ALMOST had it but the cl :mp: was a little too early hence the st.:lp: whiffed afterwards.

NOTE TO SELF: Do not attempt to take on the inter-webs after a long set. It kills BP…

OZ I have a little bit more to show up my sleeve for you to try out including air fireball switch cancels :D. I didn’t realize how effective they were until I tried them out against Songi.

I believe that they should work well with Heihachi due to the way that switch brings them in plus the advantage gained on block from the fireballs.

I’ll be straight up honest and say to Songi, sorry for using you to try out something to tell to OZ to make your life harder. It’s all the means of SFXTIENCE!

Oh yeah I should have used that block-string with Akuma…:sweat:

fighting chun li kills this game for me, her normals make me feel like im fighting dhalsim and its not fun >.>
EDIT: meh its probably not chun i just dont like will08s fighting style, its like “im not gonna fight u 4real ima just troll u the whole match”

songi will do that to you. he loves his raw launchers. times them perfectly sometimes. hes the reason i had to learn standing strings.

looking forward to that tech in action. :tup:

Hey, the only reason I stopped playing Julia in this game is because I got discouraged by the PC CADC stuff. Been playing Julia since T4 so I don’t wanna’ hear it. :arazz:

XBL - and sure, I’ cool with that. :slight_smile:

brb killing myself.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2012/10/19/street-fighter-x-tekken-ver-2013-change-log-for-the-sf-cast

Im on Ryu so far and i want to cry.