SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

yeah man the guy that taught me hwoarang switched his main team from Raven/Lars to Steve/Bob and Bob is SOOOO good im probably gonna pair him up with Guy

I forgot did I run chun x julia or julia x cammy last time?

You ran Julia/Cammy vs me last time. That sucked! :sad:

i never played your cammy

LOL, I’ve been running the same team as of late (reverse order though, Cammy on point). Pretty evil team.

Ah right Songi lets get that run back sir I’ve been itching for some xiaoyu. This will be good for everyone I also wanna update my matchup guide for the julia army

again dat feel when i lose 100 points off a communication error

I know dat feel -__-

Ahh yes, the Capcom, stereo-typical view of:

**‘MAN STRONG!!!, WOMAN WEAK!!!’ **

I know this sounds random but I need to face you. Is it alright if I send you an invite today about 6pm CST? I’m in need of putting my theory of the Xiaoyu match-up (thanks to OZ) to the test. :nunchuck:

If that is the right time zone…

Or if my timezone conversions are correct…

EDIT: Oh yeah the above-above (before Songi’s reply) does not apply if you are Akuma, Guile or Dhalsim. Capcom is not responsible for any induced salt from any unexpected losses from playing these characters.

points at myself I have consistently beaten most of the “ridiculous” players people keep talking about, like ryan hunter and Jibbo and a few others, and im sure they could beat beat me, but I did feel like I was getting to the point where most of the higher level xbl players weren’t really as much of a challenge, and I could consistently beat them if I didn’t screw up. I won’t really say much else about the competition, because I respect all of you and and the last thing I wan’t to do is come off like im “better” than all of you… when im not lol.
But I have been maining bob since… the day SFxT came out, and I have been doing quite well with him. I agree that people don’t really see how good bob is, or alot of people don’t use him, but from my own personal experience I think bob has the ability to get as far as you can take him, I quit SFxT for the first time since launch about 2-3 weeks ago, and I quit right at the point where the only person I couldn’t beat (and I mean, the only) was paranoia hades, and I watched the replays I had with him, and pretty much determined that he was just way more solid with his rufus/law than I was with my bryan/bob, mostly due to my bryan, and my bryan wasn’t putting in enough work or dealing with his offense as effectively as bob. Obviously this is because I have only been using bryan since the DLC characters came out, and I was generally not as solid with him as I was with bob.
After watching around 9 replays I determined that the only way I would be able to to overcome my “demon” if you will, was to get my bryan combo’s down more solid, improve my neutral game with bryan, and learn what I need to do to deal with some of rufus and law’s options. The thing is that isn’t as simple as saying it, as most of bryan’s combo’s are just generally difficult, BnB’s involving 2 framers, and if you want to do any really damaging combo’s with bryan its like 1-2 framers 2-3 times per combo, which is just ridiculous. I determined it would take alot more work to get were I needed to be, and my friend quit a few weeks ago, so I decided I was going to take a break from SFxT, and I went online yesterday after hearing about the 2013 update… and all I can say is this game is rough, leave for 2 weeks and the next thing you know, im garbage. I think competitive SFxT is always going to be there, talking from someone who’s climbed up to the top of the competitive SFxT community with bob/bryan, I can say with confidence that even once you have gotten to the top, its as simple as one of the 20-50 other high level players leveling their game up and beating you until you figure out how to beat them. I can safely say that even if I could beat ryan hunter, jibbo, silph, paranoia hades, and countless others consistently, I would give them a few days to week before they would be beating me back consistently, and I would need to step up my own play just to start winning again.

Don’t know if my message went through on XBL (XBL really needs a sent message thingy), Robofobe ggs, those 15-20 second combos goddamn lol, that set really made me wish I could DP AA :(.

GGS!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FightingMachineVS/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0&page=1 gasp MORE PEOPLE PLAYING SFxT!!!

Yeah there’s a lot of people lately that are saying they want to give SFxT another chance. It’s funny right?

Patch announcement, make a wide U turn.

A lot of people want this game to succeed further, there’s just too much whining being regurgitated when the rest of us are busy playing the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Also lol @ Paul. Is his jab that good or marduk has slow normals?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We’re est. Didnt you say it’s a 6 hour difference a while back?

Ggs to koji. Does alisa’s chainsaws do even more chip in pandora mode or is always that much? Why was she absorbing my attacks like if she was gold war machine? o_O

LOlL irony, im sorta in the same position as you except i use Hwo, and i put him on every team i play, but i have issues with 2 people, Kid Buu and Tatsu, even though ive beaten tatsu like twice i never fel good enouggh to consistantly beat him, and ive NEVER beaten Kid Buu, the way i “overcome” my demon is honestly just adapt my game plan and keep trying until it works, i use the motivation of WANTING to win to just let me get in there and my gameplay reflects how much offense i like to put out there, and i feel like ive improved because how i can actually do things now other than mixups, im better at footsies my ground game has improved tremendously so yeah, its pretty sweet

Yeeeup. Although I do need to get my ass to some local stuff again soon (work 'n stuff = not happening for a bit).

SUPER ARMOR BITCHES! also, fuck your akuma. I can deal with Heihachi, but the idea of a dealing with a keepaway akuma is asinine.

I have decided that I’m going to learn the names of every Zangief I meet from now on, and pick Chun and Dhalsim versus them. They deserve much worse.

Also, yaa-haa!

You know you’re the first person to send me hatemail about akuma. Doesnt asuka have anything for fireballs? She was so helpless.