SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Little dumb note: did pretty badly overall last night (ggs to Silph and BadIntent as always!), but I did manage to - for once - do a PC CADC combo in match (though I somehow dropped the combo off launch, wtf), something I couldn’t say a few months back.

Was this recently? Will have to take a look just out of curiosity. :slight_smile:

Chalk another one up for Paul Phoenix. Osu!

One for Mr Phoenix and Asuka.

Voting for Asuka. I’m also gonna pick her back up when the alts come out later on this month.

Lili x Asuka vote here. If thats a thing.

Edit - as an aside, this needs serious updating. I can’t promise anything right now since I’m knee-deep in writing projects, but I’d be willing to help when I can, if I can.

Any thoughts on that? Other volunteers? Can we even do that?

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Keep 'em coming! :smiley:

Results so far;

Paul Phoenix: 4
Lili: 3
Asuka: 3
Jin: 2
Bob: 2
Vega: 1
Bison: 1

Looks like I may be using Paul Phoenix next. I wonder who’d make a good partner for him…I think Ken would work. Maybe Juri.

I hope that I’m able to make Episode 6 soon though…it’s getting hard to find online matches on PC nowadays. :frowning:

i wouldnt say that.

The more correct way to phrase that is:

You have to be really good with his backdash to deal with a lot of wake up situations." OS sweep/fireball/long poke will kill his backdash with a good half the cast. If you’re good with it tho you can use the invincibility to escape a poke but it does require good timing
Actually one of his best tools to escape with is FBA. If Vega can land a cLP or cMP or cLK or cMK he can cancel it into wall dive to get outta the corner. He could still eat damage for it on recovery but be in a far better position.

i have the ability to modify stuff in there. If you wanna give me a list of things to update I’ll change it. this goes for anyone. By the way… if you do want a change i highly encourage you to provide verification of some sort, so that in the event there is a future disagreement, there’s a refrence to why the change was made.

I guess this wasn’t Jibbo stream but heres some great Ogre. I learned a couple of things from watching this vid.
[media=youtube]CpsNHw9_SyE[/media]

Gotcha’. :slight_smile: At the very least the DLC characters and their basic movelists should be added soon. Probably can also get some people to write up basic guides for each character that doesn’t have one yet as well.

Gonna go against everything I believe in and try out Gief/Asuka for a while (Not main or even alt, just to get a feel for Gief’s dumbshitsgioahsdgahsgas)

I suppose when I get a free moment. It seems like everyone just wants to kick my ass these days…:sad:

Sounds good, looks like three of us so far to work on it (again, when we can).

If I was on PSN I’d play ya’, guaranteed you’d get a few dozen free wins. :rofl:

Um, I’ve found something SCARY with Zangief and Lili.

[media=youtube]mpRq0hQEwhg[/media]

[media=youtube]fNqIMlBaW_E[/media]

You guys know I was working out this whole reverse blockable thing, well it turns out that a lot more of the cast have it as well. The condition for these characters to pull it off is THEY must be in the corner, rather than their opposition being in the corner. I’ve left some videos below.

[media=youtube]lZB1Kim3PW4[/media]

[media=youtube]B_4phwx78f8[/media]

[media=youtube]y9toJs3rBTQ[/media]

[media=youtube]_IOolmsuM9A[/media]

[media=youtube]z_MofrWrWck[/media]

[media=youtube]oiZhkrD5g9Y[/media]

[media=youtube]zE4FK_EWEf0[/media]

[media=youtube]Nbq-AfR4muk[/media]

ok that iono how to add lol. i only know how to do text changes

getting schooled by Ryan Hunter shows that I’m the Yamcha of the Defense Force :frowning: . It was a learning experience that playing footsies against Julia is not a wise choice even for Nina with those long legs. It feels like he is face palming the entire set and then goes “ggs, this is what you need to work on” with a smile…

Would you guys be up to have a matchup ratios discussion? I know its a team game but individual matchups are still very important. I was thinking we cover one character with very brief rationales, and move on when he/she is done. Any takers?

Don’t be discouraged! We all get our ass kicked from time to time, it just shows that we have things which needs to be refined. You’re lucky enough to be able to face Ryan, all I get is strong European players who are strong AND ARROGANT. :slight_smile:

I’m down with that but I really don’t have a lot of in-depth knowledge of the entire roster. Just the basic run-down of their top 5 or 10 skills that players use to their advantage.

Edit: No more reverse block set-ups, OZleon already abuses this shit against me on a regular basis! No need to give the guy more junk to hold over my head. >:(

I guess I’ll list off a few matches I think Akuma loses…

Chun-Li (5.5-4.5): Can AA her well but her footsies beat Akuma’s. Hard to use air fireballs since she has good walkspeed. Winnable but very annoying!!
Ogre (5.5-4.5): Kills fireballs, has good footsies to whiff punish bad sweeps. Have to play pure rush-down.
Jack-X (5.5-4.5): Can be pressured well but you have to get in that range. High damage + your low health is a bad combination.
Kazuya (6-4): Hard to keep away sometimes. High damage means you have to be careful. Very punishable, however, but still.
Ryu (5-5): Ryu is better at being Ryu than you are but you CAN win this. Hence why I put 5-5. I consider it a “hard” even match.

There are a few matches that just really annoy me, like Dhalsim, Julia, Juri, and so forth.