SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Man, if I played Heihachi I would get way too addicted with how op his J. :hk: is and drop my characters entirely. I’m gonna be honest, I would enjoy every minute of how much hate and misery I would bring forth into my opponents that I wouldn’t wanna give him up. I don’t blame you for maining the guy, being evil is just so empowering at times.

Think of him as a super makoto :smiley: . But then again youreally would be screwed in footsie battles. I actually like Heihachi and how he pushes himself despite his age.

If only that worked online. Pretty sure that bikini mod is OP anyway though.

god dang man started fooling around with dud. He’s awesome so far =)

Pairing Lili with duds means below average footsies. That team has amazing wall carry and corner traps but if you can’t get in then it is kinda pointless. Dud’s crossrush launches really low, so that’s another thing you’re gonna have to deal with. All that team basically has going for it is damage, oki, and corner pressure, it’s a C tier team at best.

Although I kinda jumped the gun and assumed you are playing lili with him. Dud is great. He happens to be an anchor for my alt.

Btw ppl, if I run into you with my alt then suddenly quit mid match, it’s because i’m trying to get back to zero bp. Pretty much the only time I will accept a red bar connection in ranked.

hmm. i mean i may even do dud and ken. KenxLili still my main team. Just trying to learn an alt if anything.

Finally got my revenge against a local player and blew him up 10-3! HELL YEAH >:O I mentioned it in the previous GD thread but I got blown up by Julia x Ibuki, I was running Ogre x JACK-X. After doing some research on the forums, a few hours of execution drills, and changing my team order I was able to pull it together. I even got a few perfects on him muahahaha!

Wow. Guile gets blown up by reaction knee press by bryan.

Also I have no idea how to deal with hugo as bryan or poison. Can they deal with hugo?

Hugo vs Poison is just a very tedious match, Poison wins but you have to be on the ball constantly since you deal so little damage vs his massive health, just gotta keep at him with fireballs and AA his jumpins, remember to throw Hugo on wakeup when he has no meter, they all seem to love doing something on wakeup, so Poison’s 150 damage throw is gdlk here, I believe she gets a safe tag off her forward throw. You can rush him down a bit but personally I would just zone him out.

Yeah, zone as hard as possible and rely on your other character’s damage once you’re in. Then switch back to Poison for the neutral game. Pretty much what it’s about.

Well, experimenting with some Pandora punishes, and I found that Juri can Pandora to Xiaoyu to punish raw tags from anywhere on screen, while Xiaoyu can Pandora to Juri to punish fireballs from anywhere on screen. However, in both instances you need at least two bars.

For the full-screen raw-tag punish, Pandora to Xiaoyu and do EX Dive Kick. The meter refill will pause for a bit, but it will start recharging again around the middle of the move, so you can super right at the end even if you only had 2 bars. 703 damage with the Pandora Power gem and the power gem that activates when you use a Super Art. You can connect with a :lp: hakkesho after the EX Dive Kick, but the Super won’t connect at all afterwards…at least not with pre-patch Xiaoyu.

For the fireball punish, Pandora to Juri and just Super. Since doing Pandora sticks you mid-screen, she is in range to punish with it. 513 damage with the Pandora Power gem activated…but since this is pre-patch Juri as well, it’ll probably do around 435-440 damage now.

So basically, I can make it so my opponent won’t want to throw fireballs or raw tag depending on who’s currently out with 25% health and has 2 bars at their disposal. :smiley:

Coincidence!!!
I was drooling over that mod in the IRC last night. Makes me wanna get a new PC (my current one is ballz)…

After I saw the anti-roll tutorials, I suddenly remembered that Abel is a mixed-martial artist which makes sense on why his okizeme game is much simpler to do compared to the others.

Vega and Bison pleeeeeease.

http://cindersmuses.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/puppy-dog-eyes.jpg

My purpose though is not on learning how to use them, but learning a method on how to beat them.

Agh, I can’t resist the dog pic…it’s hypnotizing me…:wow:

We’ll have to wait and see. I’m waiting for some more suggestions as to which characters I should use. So far, it’s;

Paul Phoenix: II
Jin: II
Lili: II
Bob: II
Vega: I
Bison: I

Although to be honest, I’m considering just going with Ogre or Bob since I have basically seen nothing from those characters at all.

Ryan Heart has showed off some good Ogre tech on Jibbo’s stream…

Vega loses to 2 things… pressure on wakeup, and pressure up close. A smart Vega player will know to block on wakeup covering that weakness. However this puts you up close so you can pressure there. You put him into a 50/50 because he doesnt have much of a threatening reversal. He has tools to escape… but nothign really to hurt you.

Vega with 2 bars is something you have to learn to respect. Just like playing against Gief in the sense that you don’t wanna be so hasty since he can just open up with a super and then you’re at the disadvantage just that quick.

typically it’s not worth the meter to reversal with a super… especially if you only have 2 bars. Vega is far more likely to use AC if he’s going to burn meter.

Okay…this has nothing to do with xTekken butttttttt

[media=youtube]GBeoGFvwHEc[/media]

his backdash is REALLY good though that helps deal with alot of wakeup situtations