SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Now I’m tempted to run Alisa/Asuka, I went through like 4-5 characters to go on point already with Asuka >_>

Not satisfied with the walking fortress known as Julia? o_O

Nah I do this a lot, went through Lili/Poison/Sakura/Julia and now Alisa, I’ll probably return to Julia soon :P.

I remember my team swapping. Poison/Asuka, when Asuka’s J.HP was OMGWTFBBQSAUCE, tried jumping on the Xiaoyu train when her loops was popular,Ryu/Jin,Hwoarang/Jin, and now Hwoarang/Nina with the fag jumping skills.

I’ve only dropped Asuka because I knew Asuka/Xiaoyu would’ve never worked. They share too many common weaknesses meaning at high level I’d either have to be godlike with execution and mind-reading or get fucked.

I’ve always liked Maxmilian’s vids and I agree a lot with his newest vid thanks to lordwilliam for posting it here.

I too am interested in just how far juggle opportunities for Tekken anti-airs will go.
we actually see a nice example of Law’s current abilities around 4:20 in the video, granite it is an Air to Air but so are other character’s anti air capabilities (example Chun’s J. Hp or Juri’s J. Mp, which stuffs Vega hard)
as long as the Tekken character can’t go beyond what some other characters can perform off Anti Airs it wouldn’t/shouldn’t be an over powering problem.
Tekken characters in general already have better juggle combo options than the SF cast, Asuka and Law are prime example of this.

A lot of the changes they are making are in fact fluff-esque, tweaking bells and whistles are sort of unneccesary.
I’m eagerly awaiting a true run down of the cast members tweaks before I cry foul. But the current tweaks listed are meh…

Yo eggy, yo sounding like Ryu at the last sentence dude. MAN, I feel so dirty when I hit the move I wanted to tell you it hit low but I just wanted too keep playing I forgot to send you the message, I thought that Pandora was intentional and you had some super secret Raven tech going on, your Raven is amazing, best Raven I have seen post patch. Best part about Cole’s Thunder Drop is that its safe on block man and does 30 chip damage, can get on Dp’ed start up tho gotta be sneakah. I would be happy to let you know most of Cole’s weaknesses, that way I can improve and you can learn the match up and yo Ray!!! imma freaking woop your ass one of these days my man!

…the fact that there are so many people saying they are not going to pay $60 for another patch in those comments is simply amazing.

Amazing in the most condescending, negative way possible.

Honestly I just want many characters to get a movement speed buff, feels like I am trying to go skateboard while riding a Gorilla. If anything Anti air damage should only net around 200; any more than that and were in for some trouble game play wise. Oh and on the fluff, they are probably saving the best for last like, freezing the timer on cinematic PLEASE.

Oh also the only buffs Pandora should get would have to be freezing the Pandora Timer during Supers, a full ten seconds in the mode up from eight and maybe a damage buff to 20% damage instead of just 15%.

I think it should work if Juri is cornered. I will test soon.

i don’t think it would work unless it can juggle indefinetely

I think you misunderstand how it works. If you do crouching heavy punch with Juri on a standing opponent, it doesn’t launch them, but you can jump cancel it but cancel the pre-jump frames into Pandora. I’m thinking that perhaps it causes enough hitstun on the standing opponent to allow a combo into the Alisa Pandora loop.

I was rocking Ken/Hwoarang, then Hwoarang/Juri and now im rockin Guy/Hwoarang too lol i love this char too much

It’s grounded.

oooooo i see, thats pretty slick…

Well, you can thank Vulcan Hades for the trick. He’s the one who posted the video on it. I’m just bringing it up again. :smiley:

IIRC the pandora timer starts during the pandora cinematic itself, so you’re already behind the curve before even starting

It starts after, but the round clock never stops.

So it doesnt start until you can actually move? I coulda swore it started a good half a second or more before i’m even able to move

Nah, it’s cool. If I kept getting hit by it why would you stop? I actually thought it was me screwing my input at first until the very end when I started to grow suspicious that I was not blocking it properly. I also figured on the lab that there’s ways to actually make it whiff at least with Ryu although on a real match the tension won’t let me attempt that. That set was actually helpful on learning about Cole’s potential. It’s a pity some tournaments won’t allow the character but that doesn’t mean learning the match up is never out of the question. Your Cole has improved significantly since the first time we played. And also you have Law which is an awesome partner for a lot of the cast. That team definitely has a lot of tools at its disposal.

I don’t feel my Raven is anything special really. There’s better Raven players on the forums. I am still working on getting down some of Raven’s harder stuff. A lot of the cool juggles and knockdown tricks I knew were taken away when the loop was removed since it basically had to be done by adjusting Raven’s juggle properties overall as a character. That meant those things had to suffer as well in exchange. If I could play Raven like Raidenaveli it will be sweet. :smiley: But thanks for encouraging me to keep on practicing and getting better with both of my characters. I am currently trying to learn new characters and exploring other sub teams as well so it’s all good.

Not bad for a 5-3 set with close rounds and close matches. ggs