SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

i’ve never liked duds at all… ever. He’s in the same category as Sodom, Rog and Rufus as far as dumb characters

You sir have no dignity.

The only reason Elena wasnt included in that list is because she has boobs. I particularly dont like Karin either due to the stupid counters. But that’s just my personal opinion

I want Karin in this game. The sfxt system would fit her so well. By her A3 design she would be a good character.

-sigh- i hate capcom sometimes…
I like to think the asuka and lili story is what the karin and sakura story should have been…

This, so much oh my god it’s ridiculous. Blanka should have shown up with someone stupid like Rolento.
Ibuki shoulda been Abel’s partner, have you seen her win quote? :wink:

I wouldn’t want Karin in this game for 1 reason…too many damn mirror matches happening with Lili. I’m sorry but having you as a mirror match is more than I can handle at the moment.

Would be amazing if Karin was in this game, I played her a lot in A3 when my consoles were “taken” >_> during my exams.

St. Mk would be her best most reliable anti air
you can hit it late, slightly early or right on time and still beat out or at least trade with some jump ins.
following up St. Mp xx Lk HSU, or St. Mp > St. Hp chain, which can open up a safe D/F Hk cross up causing DPs to whiffs and they won’t auto correct unless they delay the reversal, tech rolls are no worry.
sometimes depending how early or late you hit the HSU verison your opponent can tech roll during her recovery frames

D/F Lk is a solid option for obvious jump-ins, due to its slow startup, typically baited by kikouken walk ups and can be followed up with B+Mk TC xJCx combos

St. Hp is a bit of crap, you have to hit the very tip of her hand and many times over I’ve been screwed by characters passing completely thru her arm and punishing me.

EX SBK is a complete waste of meter and easily beaten out by cross ups.

Law is such a great teammate for pretty much anyone. I feel like I can team him with anyone on my list and he does nothing but add bonuses. His sole, solitary issue in my opinion is his inability to stop people from jumping on him (with his best option being either to spend meter to stop it, or j.mp).

I cannot wait to get my Julia up to true point-character material and see some of the shady, evil things they can do together. Oh man the gears are turning…

Yeah, I’ve been working hard on Julia too, got tired of the “I’ll show how to play Heihachi” mirrors.
I love Julia’s “Oh shit, that just killed me?” level of damage though. Great shock value

Easy way to play Julia: mash cr. lk, cr. mk, was it blocked? Yes: backdash. No: finish the boost combo. Instant profit. I fuckin hate the character with every fiber of my being!

doesn’t help that will08 plays two characters that have great backdashes. chun and julia.

I used to think the same about Elena and look how that turned out.

Smells like julia hate in this thread.

I kinda expected it to be like that. =/

Elena is pretty good. You guys should see lone dragon’s elena in action

Yeah well that will only work for so long. It gets better with Party Crashers.

In fact, everything is better with Party Crashers.

Sure, those crouching lights into ABC seem dangerous now when they catch a stray limb. But how much more fun it is when you think you’re just going to eat a boost combo, then comes that CADC elbow into all types of illegal things including reset setups?

I want to be able to do this, consistently.

Hell, even without that she hurts so much. And having that super available to punish anything that’s unsafe… I’m glad I took a hiatus from her to understand the game better (playing her early on was frustrating); now I have kind of a renewed drive to really sit down and master Julia in this game.

Well, maybe master may be a really strong word, I’d settle for “not sucking when I use her”. :razzy:

It’s kinda’ weird starting to study her like this again though, I did the same thing in Tekken 4-5DR, spent like every day in training mode.

No I agree. BadIntent and I have been discussing how good Balrog could be and that no one has come close to unlocking his potential. I do however think they should, at the very least, let headbutts hit crouching opponents… I don’t see why not. Everything else I suggested was just extra brainstorming.

All of them.

Yeah man Doodles to me is great but I would have loved to see some out of the box characters like say Remy or Twelve, Twelve would be soo freaking awesome oh and on Blanka fuck that green hobbit man, annoying character bro.