SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

why not use ex angel knee? it’s purdy good. Sunflower lance can mess up like that so it’s not worth taking the risk ya know.

Why not use df+hk instead :P? It’s pretty good, 300+ meterless and 400+ 1 bar.

I came in to ask the same question: Y U NO ANDANTE?

You know an AA is ridiculous when the next 3/4 responses ask why you aren’t using it. XD

Waaaaay back in the yester-years of March I was completely against a mixed tourney. Now, not so much. Still seems odd but hey, who knows? Could work well.

I do think the 1v1 is the best format overall though. Just wish there was at least some way to control the second character in Cross Assault.

Can it beat heihachi’s jumping hk?

Why don’t you use :lp: counter or st.:mk: ?

EDIT: Looks at previous responses DAMN IT WHY DID I HAVE TO BREAK THE CHAIN :eek:

EDIT 2: @OZLeon, Andante mainly loses to up close jump ins and cross-ups due to the fact that she takes a step forwards on start-up thus making her whiff.

Heihachi’s J.:hk: is pretty ambigious so anti-airing it with Andante is a little risky but it can be crushed as well. Your best bet is to hope that she does it at the last frame which is pretty unlikely against competent ones.

I use Andante, Ex Angel Knee and Ex Sunflower Lance depending on where my opponents are trying to jump relative to where I’m at. I noticed a lot of my opponents are getting way too smart to try jumping in on me at mid range and instead will try to jump around 2 character widths away from me so I try dashing in and eating a jump-in since Andante has such a slow start-up. I prefer just standing back and letting them jump at me and Ex Sunflower as they touch the ground in that situation. Normally their reaction is to crouch guard/crouch attack when they’re exiting a jump. Sometimes this will backfire causing the last 2 follow-up hits to whiff, pretty annoying.

Edit: Here I am revealing all my strategies so I can picked apart by OZleon and the other nuisances who harass me on a daily basis…fml.

LOL, nothing beats them old man feet.

…In all seriousness I’m pretty sure it should (theoretically) since it’s upper-body invincible. When I actually bother to time it right, I haven’t had it fail me except to absolutely perfect cross-up jumps.

EDIT: I may be wrong on that. Is Andante upper-body invincible?

You… you uh, uh… you chain breaker! o_O

Pair play could be interesting. Nerdjosh has mentioned in the past that he and Yipes had some anti-roll stuff like unblockables too.

Pair Play as a side tourney could be sick. I don’t think Pair Play should be excluded - it just shouldn’t be the main tourney ala EVO. 1v1 main tourney, 2v2 (or mixed) side tourney with a smaller entry pool.

They should just give players the option to either pair play it or not. There’s just as many advantages to pair play as disadvantages. EVO just went about the whole pair play thing the wrong way and should’ve just left it in the hands of the players instead of forcing it down everyone’s throats. I’d love to see integrated tourneys where pair players and solo players are fighting side-by-side.

Completely dropped. Pretty much dropped it for KOFXIII since going from SF4 to KOFXIII was like having restrictive chains broken in terms of how much aggression I was allowed to play with, but out of all fighting games I play, I have a really hard time going back to SF4 and having *any *fun. A2,CVS2,3s,SFxT,KOFXIII are my favorites, and I can transition between their respective gameplay elements pretty quickly because there’s a general familiarity in how stuff works…
Going to SF4 is like having to shut half of my brain down because I suddenly have to respect it’s lazy reversals, Ultra baiting and the atrociously slow tempo that results from having to respect that bullshit. I actually started an Endless Battle last night on AE cuz I occasionally miss Makoto and nearly rage quit because of how terrible the online felt compared to SFxT. And those floaty jumps:oops:

Still miss Makato though. Fukiage juggles and Tsurugi ground bounces would be fun in SFxT. Should have put her in instead of wasting that Blanka roster spot.:rofl:

Yeah I think I’m done with sf4 and will just juggle SFxT, P4A, and KOFXIII, and maybe skullgirls.

Lol, I can’t switch between any fighting game and expect to do good; I jump between Marvel, BlazBlue, 3rd Strike, Tekken and soon to be Guilty Gear. Only reason I don’t play AE is because Cole isn’t playable(trololol) and I really find it boring :P. Wish I had KOF13 I put at least 10 hours into the demo, repping that Terry!

i’d rather have her than duds

Nah Duds is definitely worthwhile. I second the Blanka drop but I knew that wasn’t going to happen lol.

Maybe Makoto x Karin as DLC later…?

• dreams *

Yeah, I think I’m gonna start training with Guy/Duds…that’s some nice offensive pressure you can mount, plus I’m sucker for characters with nice overheads.

Makoto x Fei is more likely though. :frowning:

Also, Law the most ridiculous meterless damage in the game, from what I’ve seen. And if you land his stupid punch times 20 move, you can tag in for a free super. Hate him so much.

Playing around with Alisa, she feels very unique compared to everyone else, cr.hp is so gdlk <3

Ohh the free super part is only the icing my friend, you can get some real nasty 600+ damage resets with the right team set up while gaining all your meter back, tiz ridiculous.

Sorry but I can’t resist but reply to this because the possible ‘story’ of these two is just in my head and I can’t really let it go to waste mainly because I’ll probably forget it by tomorrow. It probably sucks but it’s worth a shot.

“After hearing of the box discovered in the Antarctic, Karin, the new CEO of her father’s company decided to make a trip to retrieve the box. But going there alone would be near suicide with the Mishima Zaibatsu and Shadaloo forces tightly gripped in a battle to gain the box’s power. So she travelled the globe in order to find a worthy partner–someone who could rival her skills (WAIT THAT’S SAKURA RIGHT! DAMN BUT SHE’S WITH BLANKA!!!). She meets Makoto of the Rindo Kan Karate Dojo, after a fierce fight, Karin puts up a proposal to the fighter.”

“Should we get this box, I will be able to provide you with the money to fix that dojo of yours.” or some line like that.

“Makoto contemplates the offer but then agrees due to the lack of funds currently available to her and with that they set off to retrieve the box”

Damn now I can understand where Capcom got their story-lines in this game from. Random thoughts out of no-where. :rofl: