SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Xiaoyu is my favorite character in any fighting game, she can’t do any wrong in my eyes. I’m just glad they did a good job on Xiaoyu and kept her lovable charm that she’s had since T3. Her tag team win pose is just too cute in TTT2! :tup:

Ah but I’m also learning Tekken on the side and have 0 exp with Xiaoyu so it’s like a new char to me :P, been waiting on this character to release since Tekken 4 so I’m pretty happy, her winpose is the best, also camera throw, gonna end every round with it.

I kinda wish she replaced Xiaoyu :P, forever keeping my pipe dream of Miharu in SFxT.

Yup, that shows Miharu’s intelligence level pretty accurately. :rofl:

Edit: they shouldn’t replace Xiaoyu even if she gets to be in her 30s or 40s. Look at Kaz, dude is over 50 and he’s still considered the “poster boy” of Tekken LOL!

Here’s another funny one.

I find this interesting because me and another player have a theory that Miharu is actually True Ogre, (If you watch Panda’s ending with this in mind, it makes a bit of sense :P, Panda trying to warn Xiao about Miharu and Miharu trying to poison Panda with the water >_> and a some other stuff but I won’t go into it)

Anyway back on topic, really can’t wait on this 2013 change list, really want to see what they’ll do to characters.

We need to make a thread for teams that are at risk of
timeouts.

Hugo/Anyone with slow walk speed
Gief/Anyone with slow walk speed
Anyone with a teleport/Anyone with teleport
Vega/Anyone with teleport
Any 2 females that dont include Cammy

that should cover 90% of the teams

I know we’ve been here before… but…

Fuck Jack-X

i never cared for sf4, i only played it when we got dud, ibuki yang and yun, aside from that meh, i play KOF alot, that game is tough shit

Man if only the net code wasn’t garbage, I would have put a ton of more hours into that game.

This… At this point, I play xT over SF4 purely because I like the characters more. I enjoy xT but if SF4 had the same netcode…

Well, I found this neat set-up for Abel off of his back-throw. Basically, input HK roll as soon as you can, and if your opponent does roll, they roll WITH your roll. I think that in itself makes it a decent anti-roll set-up, but that’s not the full set-up.

So basically, I tried to figure out a possible auto-correct set-up. So basically, I did back-throw, HK roll, and did the input for an LK roll in the direction that Abel was rolling. Interestingly enough, despite the fact that Abel was facing forwards, he did a LK Axe Kick instead of a roll and it connected. I think that’s because at one point during the HK roll, since you’re rolling faster than your opponent you end up on the other side of them for a few frames which causes your inputs to flip.

So I tested this without the opponent rolling…same timing and everything…and LK Axe Kick came out as well. This seems like a neat auto-correct set-up, and the opponent can’t jab you out of it (got a counter hit against a Dummy Ryu set to mash jab). The only issue is that LK Axe Kick is -7 on block, and I don’t believe that this set-up gets it to actually hit meaty. You can do the opposite of this to get an auto-correct roll instead of an auto-corrected Axe Kick, but then you just get jabbed out of it.

Even if the LK Axe Kick trick off of the roll set-up isn’t the best, I think that if nothing else the anti-roll set-up could be useful.

I keep whining about how next to no one plays SFxT down here, but we’re all pretty stubborn down here - I feel like the only way to build a SFxT scene down here is to get new blood into the FGC down here in general, since almost every SF4 player hates SFxT, Marvel players stick with Marvel and Tekken players mostly dislike anything regarding SF. Then there’s Colonov, who basically just plays KOF… but he also hates SF4 and SFxT.
That said, I’m not dropping SFxT, but if I want to play against anyone, I’m gonna have to keep SF4 and Tekken my main games at the moment. At least until I learn how to play KOF XIII right.

do what most of us have tried. Introduce the game to you friends first and then to your fgc. Just go there and play it and say hey would you like to learn the game a bit? Just make it fun for them. Also be sure to be able to answer any questions they have. So if you don’t have the answer right away you can turn to us. Don’t feel that you need to compromise anything. Do what you feel is best atm. That means play whatever game you want and don’t like the actions of others tell you otherwise. We got your back =)

PLEASE BUFF BALROG!

What does he need?

A fireball! #Kappa

I’m starting to see a trend of Vega mainers just disliking AE…SFxT Vega is light years ahead AE Vega so I feel u. However, AE is fun if u play characters not available on SFxT or you just dont play the same character. I dropped my Pocket AE Ryu because of this. But when u play Dan, Rose, Gen and all them obscure characters its still a pretty interesting experience. I just love Rose way too much to forget about her.

One thing I would say… If anybody from the Sfxt community wants to have some AE casuals Im down as long as the connection is decent. I think there’s another Rose player around here it will be cool to have a Rose ball showdown.

One more thing, I heard Songi say that if Rose is introduced in SFxT he will be interested in playing her. Unfortunately, she is a poking footsie character. Totally out of his style. That would be interesting to see if it ever happens :slight_smile:

honestly I kinda like him being weak. It’s nice to put Rog players on the other end of the stick

UltraDavid talking about Gamerbee/Tokido in SFxT:

That’s what I really need, a footsie based character that will get me adapted to playing the game of footsies. I honestly avoid footsies at all costs because everyone around my skill level is at least twice as good as me at it. Luckily tatsu showed me some ways to work around that last week (dat 7 hour ass beating) and Vulcan Hades posted up some pretty good info as well that I gotta toss in my game.