SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

You can’t not style with Lili. That’s just the most effective way to play the character.

Yes.

EDIT: It’s like throwing fireballs as Ryu. You can do without it, sure, but it makes life much more difficult.

Ahh the art of styling

Is your opponent on a mic shouting offensive language generally about how bad you are at the game despite completely owning them 3 matches straight?

Do you have sufficient life lead to mess about with?

Is the connection good?

Yes to all of these = HELL YEAH!!!

Styling isn’t really a Lili specific thing. It just mainly applies to her the most because most of her combos look flashy, damaging and salt inducing no matter how damaging they are.

I guess people just don’t like getting hit by moves that originate from a series of ballet and gymnastic moves :rofl: that or probably the idea of just getting hit too much.

Besides anyone can style. All you need to do is just press the Select/Back button on someone’s wake-up then back dash as they whiff their wake-up attack for instant salt and free punishment :slight_smile:

Personally I try to style whenever I feel like it. Landing MISOGIS left right and centre whilst hearing people chat so much crap about me is too funny to listen to and it’s probably the reason as to why I keep on doing it when I have the chance.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot the double win poses as well. Ending on one of those as well is just another way for you to psychologically say to your opponent that they’ve been styled on.

It’s almost similar to this one:

[media=youtube]chd-ezRvdew[/media]

Just stopping by to say I have a huge craving to play this game! I won’t have access to my games until early December, have been watching some matches to cure my itch (I wish more people played Akuma). Anyway, that is all.

Can somebody test this out? I believe I MAY have found some unblockable setups using Ryu/Ken.

[media=youtube]PDt3UTvlB7g[/media]

You’ve got the dummy set to Auto Block, which isn’t the same as Block All. I’d imagine if you try this with Block All, you’ll find that this is ambiguous, but not unblockable.

Edited to remove the media quote.

But the cpu isn’t the one blocking, because he has recorded the set up with cpu and is trying to block manually. My bet is on the jump kick hitting cross up, but he lands in front. Jack has something similar where he hits in front but lands behind, and there is a lot of weird stuff like this. The trick is to block first one side, then the other side when the opponent lands. Not sure that’s the case here though, so let me know!

Hit box disparity? Word.

Thats happen to me online LOADS of times. They jump in while im in the corner.
It jumps in and crosses up i ALWAYS block it but they land on the wrong side and they get a full combo. SOOO annoying seriously.

I find it to be quite weird, if I’m honest. I’ve just tried the setups without adding the throw, you can block them every time. But when you throw, dash and cross up with an attack it can’t be blocked. I don’t have any experience with unblockables (if they’re unblockables), mind.

[media=youtube]MNvQLsLQ5G0[/media]

Yes. You must beat them with grace aka style on them

Japan 25th top 8 (to take place Oct 20)

MCZ|Tokido (Dhalsim/Cody)
Inco (Rufus/Hwoarang)
Yukimura (Ryu/Kazuya)
EG|Momochi (Cody/Rufus)
Tsuna (Rufus/Juri)
Kyonuma (Alisa/Juri)
MOV (Dhalsim/JACK-X)
Akitaya (Dhalsim/Alisa)

People are dropping Chun left and right!

So, that’s 3 Dhalsim, 3 Rufus, 2 Cody, 2 Juri, 2 Alisa, 1 Kazuya, 1 Ryu, 1 Jack-X, and 1 Hwoarang. Not too bad in terms of diversity.

Surprised that Dhalsim is so popular though. I mean, I know he’s really good in this game, but geez. :eek:

Sim is S tier in Japan

No Giefs 0.0

With Sim being so popular I think I might have a good idea why…

Ah I was wondering where you’d been! :-p We have yet to get a chance to play, I’ll look out for ya in December. :slight_smile:

Too Lo Fi gets award for Most Improved Online Connection. Usually lags out against me, but switched his provider and matches were awesome.

Yeah man, I kinda moved to England from North America, lol. Didn’t take any games with me, having some withdrawals now!!! And yeah, I’d be down to play all of December. I’ll have tons of time for some hardcore gaming sessions. :slight_smile: Cheers.

You moved to England, nice. How do you find our accents? You know, we’re not all posh. :stuck_out_tongue: