SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

My Hugo/Ryu wasn’t that bad week one. And I’m GARBAGE at this game. That was hell fraud right there.

edit: And the guy he beat? He kept throwing out single half screen pokes AGAINST A CHARGING HUGO. Nevermind his complete inability to anti-air, someone teach the guy how to buffer a chain.

Stream come back so I can see Tokido body these fools.

Stream back on…finally!

I wish the Tekken characters picked in tourneys weren’t all of the ones I hated.

So as soon as the gameplay starts the stream starts lagging? How convenient.

Oh wow, this is some funny shit!

Guy loves the game, hasn’t fought against a Marduk, picks him in match. Mind is blown over here.

Stop watching the stream, people. Waste of time and bandwidth.

Picking yet more characters that don’t have huge AA options…why?! Pick Juri, Lili, Xiaoyu or anyone else who can convert over 300 damage on an AA to maximize salt! :rolleyes:

Heck, pick Ken. His MP DP seems to go through everything. :smiley:

Luvinha has a really solid Ryu. Why is his Hugo so derp?

if this was an elaborate sand-bag, I will buy the dude a hamburger.

it’s kinda hard to see her beauty when she’s flying all over the place putting hands on you =)

Why his opponents haven’t been grabbing his Hugo everytime on wake-up is beyond me. Don’t they know about the anti-Hugo tech? I swear Hugo is one of the easiest match-ups in game to beat at high levels.

If you know the matchup.

If you don’t know it, it’s obnoxious.

What exactly is anti-Hugo tech?

I remember during the first 2 months of the game it was pretty annoying but that was because I had NEVER played anything after SF Alpha 2, so I had no clue what Hugo was capable of doing. Hell most of the Capcom cast was revamped in a way that I had to figure junk out from the ground up. I think Chun-Li and Juri were my biggest problems earlier on because of how stupid their lame tactics could get with neutral j. :hk: and cr. lk spam.

Throwing him every time on wake-up until he gains meter (same junk you do against Gief). Cross him up often on wake-up after he gains meter. Heck, cross him up often because he has no answer for a good cross-up. Basically force him to throw out empty backbreakers and actually punish them properly for easy wins. Anti-air every single body splash (even the ones that occur on your wake-up if they’re not crossing you up). Use quick chains to blow through his super armor if he’s going to lariat spam. Raw launcher his cr. lk, lk, mk because it has enough gap inbetween. There’s several other things but those are basically non-character specific things to beat your average Hugo player.

I didn’t realize how late I was blocking those xiao overheads. In the archive it looks like it hits then rolls back to block :eek:
Need to buff those reactions.

Actually you were blocking them perfectly. The later the better because it will “fake rollback” if you do and really trick the Xiaoyu player into thinking the overhead landed pushing them to continue with Hakkesho (which is -6 on block…ugh). I really can’t tell you how many times this happens to me online…really gets me killed often.

i HATE xiaoyus overhead, at least with cody and other hwoarangs i can option select but dammmit it avoids lows >.<

one thing you should be careful of is the ex backbreaker always auto corrects (like what Tatsu was tellin me about vegas super) and also do NOOOOOT try to reversal him when he does a cross up body splash on wakeup you will eat a 40 perc combo

man i need to learn marduk >.<

As a Hugo player I shouldn’t be happy that he’s so exposed, but I agree with the tech here.

One more thing to keep in mind is the importance of who has the life lead against Hugo. Hugo on a life lead can be hard to open up (if he has meter) because you don’t want to go in too hard on him for fear of lariat or backbreaker. If you are ahead, though, Hugo has to take risks. He has no safe pressure options other than like clap shennanigans (which can be AC’d or launchered through the low he’s cancelling into the clap) which no one should be afraid of. To try to get damage he has to connect with a splash or a slow poke like cr. mp. You can back up and make him be unsafe very easily against Hugo, then punish when he takes the risk.

Ray, I noticed that during one of our matches, Tatsu was playing Empty Nameless and Incomplete. That means

http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=2147334&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=you%20were&text1=already%20dead!&text2=&text3=

You should have delayed the match till the song was over!