SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

I lol at the people that complain about this game having no comeback mechanic even though it has like 4.

That’s because the comeback mechanics actually require work. :-p

He’s good in a game like AE because he can get many chances. You also said yourself that he can do 1-frame links, something that is very important in SF4 in general. I see TONS of players that have zero fundamentals but get by with focus attacks and combos. All I can say is Jyobin would be DEAD if he played SF2, lol. Ah well, really fun player to watch. I admire him.

So anyone coming out to Bear’s Lair today? Would love to get in some good XT.

My lili being one. I wish i had saved a few replays of me literally making a one character comeback with lili. I think that kinda comeback is more exciting then getting the blue background, unless it’s part of the big comeback.

Is that because they both suck?

Spoiler

http://imgon.net/di-4WKR.gif

First time something about SFXT made me smile since my heartbreaking performance at SF25 Scandinavian qualifier. Thanks a lot!

Actually I did really well until i was put on stream and suddenly dropped so many combos and got Alisa’s crazy jump instead of boot on basically every attempt…
I even pulled off one of those pandora finishes in a MM. =)

Need to work on my stage fright from now on. I guess i will be making a lot more of those FT5 videos to cure it, since nothing is usually going on around my area.
Who wants in?

EDIT: <— Just noticed my SFXT/SRK comment. So true. Imma get stronger! I even put it there to always be reminded not to get taken down by stupid losses. It works.

Ah, I see. Sounds like a character that I’d like. Even if she “technically” isn’t very good. :smiley:

It’s weird though. In most fighting games I generally tend to play the lower tier characters. In Super Smash Brothers, I use Link in every single one even though he’s never been higher than mid tier in any of them. In SF4, I used Cody, and then started using Yang in 2012 (I don’t know Cody’s current tier position in 2012 but I’m pretty sure he was low in Super). In Soul Calibur II I used Link and Yunsung. And in Soul Calibur V I’ve been using Z.W.E.I (I don’t actually own the game though unfortunately).

However, in this game, for some reason I like using the higher tier characters. I really like Heihachi, and the characters that I want to use consist of Rolento, Rufus, and Kazuya. And of course, I’m gonna be using Cody once the PC version gets the DLC.

I don’t know what it is…the higher tier characters in this game just seem like the more fun ones to play. :sweat:

The characters you like just happen to be in high tier. I don’t think your decision to like them will change even if they are classified as low tier. Tiers are subjective in nature anyway.

Speaking of tiers, it seems to me that those who have higher mobility and speed gets to be placed higher. As far as I’m concerned, it’s harder to fight those who have very high mobility and air superiority like Claw and Dictator. High speed characters like Juri and Cammy are also tough to beat on the hands of a skilled player.

Yeah, I just found that weird. In pretty much every fighting game I play (other than Tatsunoko vs Capcom where I use Ryu and Zero), the characters I like are low tier…except for this one.

Ultimately, I don’t care about the tier list. I just play as characters that I like. And in this game, the tier lists are even more subjective due to it being a team game. Which I really like. :slight_smile:

[S]Hitting 500 (or close to it, don’t even remember how much it did lol) in the corner meterless with Cody sure is sweet.[/S]

Wait no let me fix that, almost 700 damage for a blocked SRK is awesome. Cody’s Jumpback jab is still as good as it was in AE.

Who here plays on Xbox?

I’d play you, but out internetz still hate each other.

It’s nice to see people still loving this game. Any matches people know of recently that show how it evolved the past 2 months?

Anything with Tatsu in it would be a great start.

Has he done anything since nyc qualifiers?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Check out the online tournament series. Lots of good match footage.

He was in the last online tournament series, that was last week.

It’s funny to watch him for the lulz. But I really don’t like his gameplay at all. Jyobin would be dead if he played this game as well. He can’t random focus attack here.

Holy hell, I wonder where you’ve been dude. I remember you saying something about not having an internet connection where you were going but I didn’t consider posting here too. Welcome back anyway.

There’s also the archived stream where he kicked ass for almost 7 hours.

http://www.twitch.tv/tatsunical/b/335349388