SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

This is the sole reason why Lili is one of the most hated Tekken girls across the globe. She’s hot and hated…such a deadly combination.:sunglasses:

I really hate [S]juri’s jump arc as a matter of fact i hate all juris cause that all they do. =/ [/S]sf female characters in this game. Poison doesn’t count.

DUDE, I saw you on ssfevo and I was like “I gotta try me some of that”. I was working on the mk-mk loop and I can get it semi consistently. But I don’t really have the muscle memory to do s.lk, s.hkxxhk hh after the overhead :frowning:

I’m not gonna exactly say what my weakness is but fuck I hate jumps, especially ones I cannot anti-air without trading.

i learned that combo from a thread i saw on the forums lol, it was more to show off its not really applicaple except it gains a TON of meter and pushes them alot farther to the corner than his regular bnb

I see what you did there.

BTW, we might go to Takedown Tuesday this week.

PS, I hate your interwebs.

Wow. Its good to see others who also share similar philosophies as I do. I also don’t keep anything secret. When people ask what I am doing I let them know as clearly as possible everything that I am doing and ways to defend against it. Likewise I let them know my options to their options. When I play to win, my goal is to outplay someone, not to rely on their lack of knowledge to win.

I used to make videos on youtube to help people, but not so much anymore. Unfortunately not as many people care about what I say so I try to only help those who ask.

shhhhhh we don’t want to get nerfed like Lili is gonna be,just keep doing MP+LP chain and no one has to know Hwoarang is actually a good character…

If 2 footsie based characters are fighting each other you both are consistently looking for the same hit confirm over and over. If you dont get it, then adjust spacing and fish again. The first to get a hit will most likely win. In footsie battles i wonder if its worth trying to whiff punish, In SF4 if your whiff punish gets punished (lol) then you dont get hurt much however in this game i feel that theres more risk going for the whiff punish since if you miss and your opponent gets the whiff punish then it will hurt. I dont know what you footsie based players have to say about this? Take the risk/reward and go for the whiff punish? Or adjust the spacing and make sure your attack will hit (taking this option you will be hit confirming)? This is what happened with my FT5 with BigBoss

Looking on what the footsie players think bigboss and chaos for example
EDIT - I suppose i should say which one i would choose. In sf4 i would always attempt the whiff punish but imo its not worth the risk/reward in sfxt. I think your best option is to adjust the spacing and make sure your attack hits and hit confirm it.

ggs to TheBigBoss - our matches were fun but no one will be able to enjoy the Lame game and constant time outs. I personally wouldn’t want to sit there and watch people fish for 99 ticks. At that point the watcher already knows what each of them is trying to do so they wont get anything out of it anyways, a whiff punish is a whiff punish thats pretty much it. I can now agree on Capcoms choice to increase the health recovery time in this game. At this level you can have ALL the set ups and cheap stuff but if you never hit your opponent you lose lol

I hate it more.

See for yourself.

Would you say it’s good for mix-ups though? I was trying to see if there was any tricky stuff I could do if I can stance cancel the mk-mk like that.

I think that you only scratched the surface there pal! :sunglasses:

• Having a pretty much non-existent fighting style that would never work on a human being but is deadly and effective in the world of Tekken and Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Rich and snobby personality
  • The fan boys and girls who constantly keep on going on about her day in day out about things like her hair, what she’s wearing etc.
  • On top of this, having a high damage output (to an extent) in both games

What’s not to hate lol!?

But in all seriousness I actually hated Lili with a PASSION!!! both when I first saw her, when I first fought against her, heard her speak, the works!

Fast forward a couple years later and now I’m actually playing her and firstly not complaining about it and actually enjoying it.

I guess growing older does make you sit down and actually be more mature for once…

AHHH Who am I kidding! :smiley:

tbh not really, since most people will simply mash mash mash through the entirety of the combo i wouldnt risk goin for anything else during that, im workin on a setup with it though

Ugh my reads with my raw launchers are so off today! Neutral jumps are fuckin kickin my ass too. I need to fix this right away.

Be happy, your good at this game. Im Ugh’ing because i Cant get over 6000 points. I suck.

Compared to everyone else around my rank I suck, so basically I’m a fraud. o_O

I’m not sure to be honest but when I play footsies with people, I tend to aim for the whiff punishes a lot more mainly because I think whiff punishment is stronger in this game due to the chains.

But then again adjusting your spacing does lead to…well whiff punishment if you look at it that way in my opinion.

I think Yipes once put it best in the fact that a footsie battle is kind of like a boxing match. Although in personal experience its more something I feel in the fact I always use a couple quick pokes to mentally say: ‘Come at me bro’ just to see what they counter poke with and then mess with the spacing from there.

Now I look at it, I think I may have just re-iterated what you just said. This one is pretty confusing o_O.

Well put. Somebody needs to get a copyright on this essay lol

Well at least you can destroy a B/B+. I can hold my own but sometimes i just cant do ANYTHING.