SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Blocking Hwroang is hard as fuck :frowning: it’s like he can just jump without giving a fuck.

LOL Damn! Speed gems are stupid OP on Gief! Ugh I fought one that had all speed gems and I actually almost lost lol!

STOP THE GIEF RANT!!! Waaaaaaaaaah :smiley:

He’s a nice guy, if you get to know him.
And at least he has chest hair. Probably Asuka will have chest hair too, when he’s grown up :slight_smile:

Fucking seconded or thirded… or twenthed…'ed?

Whatever, agreed x 1000. The “I’ll wait for the patch” mentality, unless you weren’t playing to begin with, is just not a good thing. For one, who knows if something happens and the patch is delayed? (This is Capcom we’re talking about after all…)

If you’re playing and enjoying it, keep playing and enjoying it. When the patch comes, if it corrects a lot of the issues then you’re still ahead.

What the hell do not put that image in my brain oh god its already there brb burning eyes

Am I the only one here that actually doesn’t hate Gief or Rufus? I mean, they can be tough to fight, but I’ve never outright hated them.

Besides, how can you hate on this? 0:30.

[media=youtube]FGdqAPxs6wg[/media]

I don’t hate either character but then again I have an easy time against both of those match-ups.

Captain Zangief of the ginyu force?

How the fuck do i beat Hwroang aaaa. Fuck this dude.

That intro is cool and all but Rufus still grinds my gears lol. :-p

Side note: Julia <3

Nah Asuka hates his chest hair.

Can you cover up a bit the next time we fight? Your throws aren’t scary, but your chest hair really creeps me out. (Asuka to Gief)

Rufus and Zangief obviously are teaming up to fight Captain Bison’s Shadowloo force.

[details=Spoiler]

^
Perhaps that’s the main reason why Sagat left Shadaloo.

Speaking of the Zangief and Rufus team-up, isn’t the team itself symbolic? Look, they started out as rivals who have misunderstandings and doubts in each other’s abilities (Zangief showed a little bit of regret on recruiting Rufus in their intro cutscene.) Later on they develop their teamwork and after their rival battle they acknowledge each other as true companions.

Since Juri’s Senpusha’s going to be inevitably nerfed after 1.02, I’ve been refraining myself from using the super/cross-art after the move, and instead relied on switch cancels (although it’s a bit risky if Ryu’s health is low). Would this be a good step should I keep on using her as Ryu’s partner post-patch? What else should I do so that I could adapt to the new patch easily?

Damn i was thinking about picking up paul and bob and now i see theyre getting buffs? HURAAAAAAY!

Im really curious about what theyre gonna do with gief…

come to think of it, all heihachi’s headbut charge move is, is a focus attack, it has the SAME quantities except it causes a ground bounce not a crumple

They should buff every character in ‘B’ tier and below. Keep the top tiers top, it makes the game more fun.

best way to beat Hwoarang is to force a footsie game, his footsies arent really that good, or learn how to block all his crazy shit (i would normaly say thats impossible but Chaos can do it and Tatsu DEFINITELY can do it so yeah)
also make your your ground game is TIGHT so when he DOES jump, you’re spaced enough to get a decent AA on him, but his difficulty to block and difficulty to approach, (flamingo stance option select is awesome) is Hwoarangs strength, its not like he can zone lol

Somehow I get the feeling that the shotos will either be left untouched whilst everyone else gets buffed or completely destroyed to try to cull the shoto army online.

Awh thanks. But his obnoxious cross up (not sure, assuming it’s j.mk or something) kept getting the better of me.

I’d lol if they buffed Akuma’s health, be happy if it was possible to combo into Cr.Hp with Ken and LOL even harder if Ryu didn’t get some kind of nerf.
Also, what’s with online Ryus new mix up after Joudan…SRK, really?

They’re tired of eating Xiaoyu overhead after a blocked Joudan of course! :rofl: