SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Or Emilie. :smiley:

Mist step can crush high attacks all day but against heavy footsies characters that doesnā€™t matter. Look at Chun-Li, her best option is cr. :lk: which just outright destroys mist step. As for his mix-ups I really donā€™t see a reason to fear them. You can basically :d::db: block Kazuya all day since his overheads donā€™t really convert to anything except hard knockdowns (exception: slaughter hook). I could be wrong about that last piece but I really donā€™t see a lot of his move list being thrown around.

Donā€™t know if this is on a stream or if you have to be at NYCC, but SUPARSTARX keeps updating his twitter with news on the SFxT patch that is coming:

IU | SUPARSTARX ā€[S]@[/S]SUPARSTARX
[S]#[/S]sfxt [S]@[/S]AutoMattock [S]@[/S]OSRyanHunter December release for update

[S]#[/S]sfxt [S]@[/S]AutoMattock [S]@[/S]OSRyanHunter throws 5f

[S]#[/S]sfxt [S]@[/S]AutoMattock [S]@[/S]OSRyanHunter grey health nerf, no more zoom on launchers, Tekken cast gets new aa buffs

[S]#[/S]sfxt [S]@[/S]AutoMattock [S]@[/S]OSRyanHunter Julia ex lunge punch wall bounce

[S]#[/S]sfxt [S]@[/S]AutoMattock [S]@[/S]OSRyanHunter heihachi dome buff, max version unblockable

My thoughts:
Capcom seems to be listening to the more ok suggestions for change. I donā€™t know how 5f throw will change the game, but we will see. There was a reason for them to be 7f to start with. As for anti airs on tekken chars. Maan I really think tekken chars will be superior now:P

And lol at Dane for being right about Heihachi buff haha

Iā€™m curious who you guys think is Akumaā€™s best partner? So far Iā€™m using him and Yoshimitsu. Doesnā€™t have optimal damage but Yoshi can setup Akumaā€™s demon flips really well. I will also use Rolento and Ryu/Lili. I think almost anyone is good with Rolento, heā€™s fantastic at setting up launchers.

EDIT: The Tekken cast is getting AA buffs??? UMMMMMMMM, theyā€™re going to frigginā€™ dominate the SF side now. Oh boy.

they better fix ibuki O_O

I donā€™t know how faster throws will help the game, but then again Iā€™m absolutely terrible at teching throws, just ask Songi. Whenever he goes 50/50 or resets mid combo Iā€™m left with my head up my ass on how to defend. No zoom on launchers means Iā€™m no longer annoyed by cross rush as much, and Iā€™ve never seen Heihachi chrome dome used too much so Iā€™m completely neutral about that. Grey health nerf was needed, and WHY THE HELL DOES JULIA GET TO HAVE A WALL BOUNCE NOW. SHEEEEEEEEEEET!

[media=youtube]ypGxYM3MHqY[/media]

Julia doesnā€™t need shit, Asuka needs tons of buffs I really donā€™t feel like naming them all because Iā€™ve filled my ā€œlong postā€ quota for the day. Anti-Air buff for Tekken characters is absolutely needed, very few Tekken characters can reliably anti-air without taking extremely huge risks. Gief, and several other SF characters can do it with no risk added. I donā€™t care for the throw buff at all. Theyā€™re perfectly fine as it is, they need to be easy to tech so players can actually be forced to use their brains and create mix-ups instead of just jab, jab, cr. mk CADC, throw.

Something tells me iā€™m going to end up hating this game.

Heihachi unblockables now? Sweet :D. Now if they can just fix the bugs Akuma has with raging demon, Iā€™ll be content.

Dafuq did I just watch?

Donā€™t start worrying yet people. We know for sure that every character is getting tweaked. Those mentions on Julia and Heihachi are one of maaany changes. I donā€™t feel particularly scared about those changes to be honest. Didnā€™t Lunge punch already crumple on hit? Doesnā€™t Heihachiā€™s dome take like 50 frames to charge up? Itā€™s not a big deal, and weaker characters will probably get better buffs! At least I hope so:)

Personally your partner choice when it comes to Akuma is pretty open ended in my opinion. It mainly depends on your play style and what position you put him in on a team.

Although in general, I find that characters who can really take advantage of DP Switch Cancels and his overhead work well as partners for him.

Also characters who can set-up his ground bounce palm make pretty good candidates since it sets up mix-ups as well as extended juggles or even Pandora Set-ups.

Someone with decent health is also a bonus although characters who can do the above two tend to fall into the 900-950 health category unless theyā€™re a Mishima like Heihachi.

In terms of playstyles, defensive Akuma players would want to go with someone like Jack-X, Guile or Dhalsim to play a pretty strong zoning based team.

Offensive ones would probably want to choose someone like Cammy, Chun Li, Juri and Lili mainly because these 4 characters (apart from Lili to an extent) are good point characters who can really start offense efficiently and effectively.

Still stupid as fuck of them to release buffs for some of the strongest characters on the roster before the weaklings. Iā€™m just gonna say it now, that shit is dumb.

Damn this thread moves fast.

Iā€™m not gonna be scared of the these new changes. Iā€™m hoping for the lesser used characters to get better and hopefully a faster paced game

If that Julia wall-bounce thing is true, then uhā€¦ damn.

Interested to see what else is changing, always fun times. Glad I picked her back up anyway, been having fun with her though i need to step my ground game way up lol. I think Julia/Juri and Cammy/Julia will help me with that.

Overall it sounds like the tweaks wonā€™t be game-breaking, but could improve things ever-so-slightly for those that really felt it needed tweaking. Weā€™ll see what happens. :slight_smile:

Low tier characters like Jack and Dhalsim? Kappa.

I know Ryu will be nerfed.

You donā€™t know about Altered Beast?!

ā€¦damn I feel even older.

Although I donā€™t get why it was posted here exactly. :-p

I donā€™t know why but i am super salty about this. I hope vega and lili get something out of this.