SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Try to Pandora on wake up
Teabag and die like an idiot

Bah, who listens to K-pop anyway?

hides secret K-pop music folder

Never tried playing while music is going off, don’t know if I’d lose concentration…

I saw a few guys at RCR have their iPods rolling while playing sets and it makes me wonder if perhaps I could overcome my nasty habit of choking when it counts by shutting out the world around me and have my own music rolling. I doubt I’d do it at home, though: SFxT’s OST has so much good stuff in it.

Yep, pretty annoying! Using Chrome now.

Works for some people. Personally when I am focused on the TV screen for the game I naturally blank out most of the background unless someone is deliberately screaming into my ears.

Fuck double down motions man.
Also fuck Misogi for being a triple down motion. :frowning:

Did someone say K-Pop?

[media=youtube]GBeoGFvwHEc[/media]

Akuma’s super arts are a double-edged sword. By themselves, they are easier to pull off compared to others (if it’s SSFIV anyway), but they’re difficult to use in conjunction with combos.

WOOT!

Just found out about a local tourney
The headline are TAG ONLY! games

TekkenTagTourney2, UMVC3, DOA5(tag mode only) and SF x Tk
I’ve signed up for DOA5 and SF x Tk
wish a fella some luck!!!

Luck isn’t needed with Chun Li, St.Mp your way to victory!
In all seriousness, good luck. :slight_smile:

Luckily Akuma is great with 2+ bars, so I save those rather than using his misogi. Its easy to perform on an opponent’s raw tag, though. Just like SF4, however, he doesn’t have an ultra-centric game-plan.

Dem THIGHS

There are too many things that I could rant about the Misogi but then again, stuff such as that needs to be put in the ranting thread amirite!?

Only one thing I can say about Misogi being a triple down motion that wouldn’t sound so offensive would be:

**‘WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT IN A 3 FRAME JAB IN ORDER TO GET THE DAMN THING TO WORK MIDSCREEN AND WHY DOES IT DO LESS DAMAGE THAN OTHER CHARACTERS FOR SO MUCH EFFORT!?’ **

[LEFT]There is more that I could say but…we’ll save that for the official ranting thread shall we? :)[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]EDIT: Now I think about it, it could be put on the Balance Thread?[/LEFT]

I need to find a good time to play Rok,BadIntent and TZA. I need some serious training.

This sight brought a smile to my face yesterday. It’s never smooth sailing learning new characters. But it’s a joy when you begin to win and have success with them :slight_smile:

Chun li may be top tier ima try some tech with her tonight to confirm this. Ryu and guile may lose to her idk gatta test. Btw st mp doest make her gdlk u dont even get 200 dmg off that hit confirm.

Isn’t st.mp heavily used to whiff punish and footise in to launcher, so it should lead to a lot more damage than 200:P I know you probably meant for Chun Li solo, but that’s not where st.mp shines as I understand it?

You could do st mp x hk legs x (extra hits of HK legs) x st lp x back mk x mk x jf hk x st hk x jf hk. I know that combo does at least 300+ damage. Or you could cancel into EX fireball and continue the combo for 350+ damage.

I don’t think she is top tier but she is definitely a very strong character.

She’s top tier, don’t deny it for a second. Her only flaw is she gets destroyed by Gief for free (but shit most of the cast does anyways) and her floaty jump screws her over against really braindead anti-airs. Other than that she’s got tools for everything and her Neutral J. Hk is downright stupid.

PREACH!

Yep meant by herself and yes you could do the hk legs link into st lp if u can do it everytime which isnt practical unless u have gdlk execution. Also if ur playing a good player they should already be blocking if ur in st mp xx legs range oh and lets not forget that some hits whiff if ur not in range. Then again if ur In that close your better off doing close rh counter hit set up or forward grab into a cross up set up. Thats what I do Anyways :confused: playstyle I guess