SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

O.O!
Like her legs…amirite =D

It’s OK man, you get footsie and cross up hwaaaah… er I mean overhead.

Oh man… that avatar is gdlk.
Also, your team is hella hard to play. What the fuck is Ken supposed to be doing… o_O

you don’t wanna over abuse it. Your airgame consist of dive kick and air chains. Mix those up and you pretty much make you opponent wish they were never knocked down.

thats EXACTLY what im talkin about! But only Nina King and Bison have ever got me in a cross up situation midscreen and it landed in front of me that shit is crazy, but if there’s any other chars on the tekken side that have this let me know because Nina and King are the only ones, o and also I’m picking up Rolento :slight_smile:

Hei, Jin, Law come to mind. I’m sure there are more.
We used to do the same thing in SF4 with Sakura. Fergus knows.

Edit: Also, I remember this being discussed week 1. Dieminion was talking about it on twitter.

Oh yeah I do my best to make sure they have nightmares about knockdowns. Certain characters with DP’s can hinder my forward progression but once I read them and have them afraid to DP my plan goes into full swing and it’s basically instant death from there. I’m still in dire need of an answer to Julia’s bs, that junk is gonna haunt me until I learn that dumb match-up.

Hey dude, the Tekken cast who can perform it is King, Nina, Jin, Asuka, Raven and Bryan. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about number 1, number 2 is far more powerful, as your opponent will believe that they can hold back, when they should be holding forward.

What im trying to expand upon with nina is the tag glitch off of her command grab. Seeing if there is alot of potential behind it, but no luck for right now.

It’s extremely hard to do. I’ve done it, maybe, 5 times in training mode but can’t pin it down enough to do it in a match.

Just thought I’d share this…I wanted to make this a while ago but then stuff happened. :bluu:

[media=youtube]oT6n1sMxKE0[/media]

HO HO HO HO HO HO! >=D
I dunno ken is just kinda there lol. Once lili has all the meter she usually takes over and hogs the win to herself.

yea its probably impossible online, unless its a minimal lag conection. I did it consecutively twice in training mode, other than that randomly here and there. man trying to find tech is hard, especially when you aren’t big on frame data and mechanics.

Aren’t I nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

[media=youtube]2zzx9Bw8n3k[/media]

Nice tech, Intuitive. That right there has sparked some interest from me. Also, I have to give shoutouts to your TV, as fellow tuber like you I appreciate the lagless nature of those devices. :slight_smile:

It’s not that SFxT has no thinkers, I know there are people playing it who have showed themselves to be creative and resourceful in other games. They’re just not doing it in SFxT for whatever reason.

From what I can tell, very very few people have bothered to advance the game. I went online recently to screw around with Nina/Gief and Jack/Gief and see if anyone was doing new stuff. Nobody was doing anything differently at all. In fact, I got messages from people who had never seen standing resets or option select autocorrect meaty pressure. We’ve known about standing resets for what, half a year? I put vids showing it up in May and it’s not like I invented them. I still see more variation and progression in SF4, a game that’s had the same mechanics and only slight character changes in 3-4 years. And it’s not like nobody plays SFxT. Not as many people play it as play other games, but like I said above, I know there are smart, creative people still playing it. Ryan, Jibbo, Infiltration, Laugh, Tatsu, Justin, Ricky, PR Rog, Dieminion, etc. And I’d bet there are other people here I don’t know as well who are fully capable of coming up with cool stuff too. Why the stagnation?

Ding

what do you have the block option set to?

either they’re keeping it to themselves or as you said yourself UD that most people are complacent with their current play. From the people i’ve played, ryan, jibbo and will08, they do have some os and I do as well. We just don’t bring it up as much because it’s part of our meta game. It hinders the progression of the game, but it also helps us in terms of our gameplan keeping things secretive until we play each other. I mean if someone asked me, what did you do just there I’m gonna tell them it was an OS that stopped you from rolling. But since you’ve come here you have identified the elephant in the room we’ve been ignoring. I mean look at what intuitive has been posting as of late, kudos to him btw. I hope people are more inclined to sharing things as time passes on.

pps. I’m still not sharing my lili stuff. I’ve shared enough to get most of you new lili players started =p

I’m gonna be honest I’m just way too stupid and lazy to even try to find out new tech.

What the hell when did Cody become this good I know I haven’t played the game in a while but when I fought this Cody/Julia team I was confused I knew Juila was always good but I didn’t know about Cody.

I feel so bad for you…Cody AND Julia…wow…:eek: