SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

yeah i can imagine your frustration in that, vega is a character that really tests how “safe” your strings are so the fact that codys range with that ONE move is on par with vegas long ass claw range is a huge issue

Pre patch ryu??? Thats pretty much sums that description.

not to mention he is far more safer(not just cr.lk but overall) and easier to pick up and play than vega.

I just go full retard when Ibuki starts command dashing back and forth on my wakeup :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW any of you guys going to the SF Anniversary tourney in LA? I signed up for everything aside from HDR. I’m really only training for SFxT though.

Yes.

But Cody is legit really good. Even if people are overreacting a bit.

Ibuki’s mixups are all either slow/unsafe or both.

1. Command dashing is negative on block AND on hit unless you hit with a heavy attack or a CH medium attack.
  2. Her jump arc is high and very floaty which makes it easy to AA and she doesn’t have very strong cross up hitboxes.
  3. Its extremely difficult to use Kunai offensively and even more difficult to make it safe and combo afterwards.
  4. Her fastest overhead is 23 frame startup and is -4 on block. Her second fastest overhead lk hien is 26 frame startup, also unsafe on block (unless tag canceled) and sometimes will just whiff crouching opponents at certain ranges. Her target combo overhead is 27 frame startup/ has no low mixup AND doesn’t even combo on CH.

As far as mixups goes, Juri’s are way better thanks to her 15 frame overhead and her strong low attacks and they are way safer. If Chaos was blocking all your mixups with Juri, then once he learns Ibuki it should be even easier for him to defend against your mixups.

Ibuki’s strength is definitely her footsies but even then she is outclassed by certain characters who are also stronger in many other areas.

Also if you don’t know about some of her glitches then take a look at this video.
[media=youtube]yN61F8ljYUM[/media]

I just want you to know what you’re getting in to.

I see. I will be there.

Cody outpokes Vega. This is no overreaction.

I was just wondering about how bad/good I should feel about maining him here, even though it was really only because I played him in AE.

and rolento beats both of them in terms of footsies. funny how the sfxt cycle works.

Not to mention that it’s a 3 frame attacks that also hits low (unlike Vega’s 4 frame poke that hits high), and it can lead to CU x tag which does alot more damage than Vega’s ABC combos. Being able to punish all the -3 moves on block from such a distance is a huge problem for many characters as well. Not even Vega can punish that.

Agreed. Cody has so many other advantages, that it really is not fair.

Vega’s walk speed (and overall mobility) is superior to his, not mention he beats him on start up advantage on his normals.

interesting. =)

Well, here’s some left over footage of my Guile/Heihachi play from my “In the Lab” series. These are two endless matches against an A+ rank player on the PC version.

[media=youtube]i0ozrotGjKE[/media]

Wish we had gotten more games in…both of us made a lot of mistakes throughout the matches and I’m sure that if we got some more games in things would have gone much better for both of us. But alas, he left after he lost the 2nd time. :frowning:

actually that vid made me want to pick her up and figure out how she ticks, that way (hopefullly) when capcom patches her up ill already know what to do from there

Stop the Cody hate! Pure honest derpy derp footsies!! :slight_smile:

Poor Ibuki. I’d love to play as her one day in some game.

st.RH erryday

I hate Hei, but I actually really like your Hei. Found him pretty entertaining. Briefly thought about giving him a try again…naaaah.
Still can’t believe that a A rank on PC apparently spams Chainsaw kick with Hwoa.

GG’s Rob, all the time i spent on Guy is paying off finally @_@

i was thinkin the SAME thing… thats… bad