SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

You can call it “scrub” all you want. This game has become total bullshit with all the exploits and has become basically a competition to see who can exploit the game better than their opponent. This game doesn’t reward true tactics and the risk vs reward is totally fucked up to the point where there’s no point in doing anything that remotely has a risk involved.

Long story short: this game is currently all fucked up.

They are new games in comparison of course they will be played. Doesn’t mean they are any better. Besides MvC3 is actually more popular. They didn’t go the whole “let’s water down the game” route if anything they did the opposite.

Lots of cool cheap stuff and many playstyles are viable.

Read this:

Many playstyles are viables!

With all the changes on SFxT it seems the game could end up being with watered down characters and one style of gameplay ending up being too strong. Nerfing zoning too much as it is shaping up to be it’s taking away some of that Capcom fighter flavor.

How about they buff the weaker characters and leave the top tiers alone? I know they are ways of making the style of gameplay you like ( tekken rushdown I presume) while not shitting on the SF style of gameplay. Before you say anything, you are a tekken player but you chose to play on a SF style of game. This game needs to play like a classic SF game and a 2D Tekken style game. Not one or the other. I am all up in support in some good buffs for everyone. Make everyone a threat. Don’t go around nerfing Ryu like you did 4 years just because people kept hating on him
You wanna know a secret that won’t solve the Ryu army problem online. It will only affect the mainers. Most of the Ryu army is composed of casual gamers that just pick him cause he is cool and stuff. So in that sense, if you are hoping the patch will solve that issue.
Ain’t gonna happen, Ryu was nerfed to shit in SFIV and he is still the most commonly played character online. At high level he gets exposed and that’s where the patch takes effect on your gameplay.

I really want to know about any competitive fighter where this isn’t true.

Fighting games will always be about making a 2 player game a 1 player experience.

If I really wanted to I could write up a long essay (comparable to a Ryan Hunter style essay) on all of the things that are extremely downright broken in this game. Unfortunately I’m doing some computer work at the same time since I have an exam in 2 hours, so no real time to sink into such an endeavor. Anyways Capcom seems to be taking care of that and exposing the bs in the form of 2013 update notes.

Gotta agree with EMR. This game is supposed to be more Street Fighter than Tekken, that’s why they’ve split everything into SFxT and TxSF. This game is currently more SF than T, but that’s currently changing. Can’t say I’m too happy but I’ll see how it is when it releases; then again, I have no choice.

You have an exam in 2 hours!?

Good Luck! And may your results be more fortunate and worthwhile than my own :tup:

(Well at least at the moment that is…)

I want my Kuma changes! Also now that rolento is nerfed, and for some reason they decided to nerf dudley (wtf?) I need to find a new Kuma partner. Dudley was pretty suboptimal but Rolento was basically perfect… Hmm who else can do long ground strings that I can tag cancel off of for mega damage??

Please tell me they are going to fix this god awful netcode, this is the one thing keeping me from playing it more.

I’ve actually thought about it a bit more. There will still be keep-away, its not like the cast received a jump that covers 3/4 of the screen. I guess the mentality now is more of “I’ll zone until a knockdown” instead of “I’ll zone and build a wall of meter”. Because fuck it, I’ll still be chucking air and ground fireballs with Akuma. As it is with these modern SF games, it’ll just be slightly more inconvenient to do so now. Capcom doesn’t care about us old-school players who like to irritate the fuck out of people with pokes and fireballs.

Don’t get me wrong, guys, I like melee in my fighters. But I’ve always gone to Street Fighter because it has that unique mix of long-distance and short-distance fighting. Tekken? DOA? Soul Calibur? Nope, none of those have these features I look for. Fireballs make the game more imaginative/creative to me, what can I say. And I REALLY don’t want my Street Fighter to become more of a DOA clone than its own game.

I don’t know, any thoughts?

Netcode is fine.

Agreed, of the fg’s I’ve played online, sfxt’s is definitely one of the better ones by a wide margin.

After putting up with T6’s shitty netcode I have to agree. This game is fine, upgrade dat dial-up!

Yeah definitely, she got off pretty lightly relative to everyone else.

“Zanku Hadoken – Hitbox has been reduced - When used during a backwards jump, 5 frames added upon landing”

Good luck with that.

Despite how broken she was…I’d say so but everything I wanted done to her was done so I’m not complaining. They should’ve let me handle the nerfs I’m a regular Nostradamus when it comes balancing this game.

Should be fine if spaced far enough, which is how I use it anyway. And on a forward jump the properties will remain the same. Look at it this way: I’m attempting to be optimistic, something I haven’t done since the patch was announced.

I think it’s most dangerous when used as a corner pressure tactic, they were just trying to nerf the “run-away” aspect which is good.

Guys, I just realized Cody could of been nerfed worse.

They could of nerfed his Japanese “ha-ha!”

Then he really would of been removed from the game…

A lot of the issues of the game would have been better to be solved via gem system. I actually thought it would be neat if Capcom decided to make a gem that allowed you to build more better on whiff with a trade off. Like an assist gem type of thing. You know for those of us that actually liked the whole whiffing meter type of situation on this version of the game.

Or a gem that increased damage on projectiles depending on certain conditions. You know…I feel that if they decide to get creative with the gem system that can compensate a lot of shortcomings with how all these characters are getting handled.

Just thinking…I still feel this patch watering down characters is not the right way to go. I will stand by my statement unless the actual gameplay convinces me…on paper as it is sounds extremely awful.

A lot of the issues of the game would have been better to be solved via gem system. I actually thought it would be neat if Capcom decided to make a gem that allowed you to build more better on whiff with a trade off. Like an assist gem type of thing. You know for those of us that actually liked the whole whiffing meter type of situation on this version of the game.

Or a gem that increased damage on projectiles depending on certain conditions. You know…I feel that if they decide to get creative with the gem system that can compensate a lot of shortcomings with how all these characters are getting handled.

Just thinking…I still feel this patch watering down characters is not the right way to go. I will stand by my statement unless the actual gameplay convinces me…on paper as it is sounds extremely awful.