SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Bryan doesn’t have one though, and he’s been stealth nerfed. :frowning:

Damnnnnn.

New changelog says Julia’s backdash got nerfed to all hell. Distance cut down by 40%.

As of the rest of her changes though, it seems like they gave her **more **buffs than nerfs…

But by complaining about the changes, how does that make you better than the crybabies?

With that crazy looking jump arc, Nina is basically impossible to anti-air without a DP. Use that to your advantage on wake-up and overall mind games. You of all people know how to abuse the game to the fullest with cheap tactics.

Yeah, the BD got cut indeed. A couple nerfs here and there and a vitality nerf…

But she got some nice stuff in return. Crazy that she could possibly be more damaging. Still curious to see how the changes affect her PC CADC, if at all.

One of the cast members I don’t see enough people bitching about is Jack. I ran into one for the first time online yesterday, and I could not get ANY jump-ins because he has so many anti air options.

Anti air options that, in fact, have wayyyy to large of a hitbox. He’s possibly one of Cammy’s worst matchups. His specials beat out her dp.K’s as well as her j.HK, and forget about crossups.

I don’t even know what to do against him with Asuka. :sad:

Btw songi fyi nina is ideally at cr mk max range a rage where she can barely reach u. So shes gatta be even closer than cr mk range to even jump cause of her lausy arc. Doesnt even matter with anti airs getting buffed

I’m just upset that now I have even less ways of getting in on my opponent, it may not seem like much but those nerfs to vega were massive borderline crippling. I mean it would have been fine if they gave him a tool to compensate but they didn’t so now vega is going to be back to a game where the system works against him =/

Vega had problems getting in before? Doesn’t he have fast movement speed? You’re making him sound like he’s going to be like current Asuka.

Yeah, since when has Vega had any issues getting in? Fucker bounces around the screen harder than Dictator.

what’s with you and cr.mk dude. I swear if lili does get a buff to cr.mk i want you to stay the hell away from her. I ain’t teaching you shit about her scrub.

Every character he plays has to have an OP cr. lk or cr. mk hence why he plays Julia…herp derp!:rofl:

Damn Kings cmnd throws now do more damage than Gief or Hugo! Finally get some payoff for guessing right.

Giant Swing (L) - Damage 250->280
Giant Swing (M) - Damage 230->250
Giant Swing (H) - Damage 210->230
EX Giant Swing - Damage 230->250
Tomahawk (L) - Damage 200->250
Tomahawk (M) - Damage 180->230
Tomahawk (H) - Damage 170->210
EX Tomahawk - Damage 180->230

Jesus, I just might have to check him out now. And that’s comin’ from a dude who usually hates grapplers.

Well of course you get bodied the first time! Try figuring out how to approach the matchup before you cry for nerfs. HINT: He’s free to crossups…

Tomahawk (L) - Damage 200->250

This is where it’s at. Giant Swing is fairly pointless imo, if you know they’re going to stand, why not (safely) confirm it with c.lk x s.mk for more damage??

That’s great, but of course the big risk is still there, but feels more rewarding, especially with the meter gain on them.

I didn’t ask for any nerfs…lol.

BUT, I do need to spend more time against the DLC characters. This is one of the reasons as to why I despise character DLC. I have to pay 20 fucking dollars to learn what matchups are good and bad. >:(

You can say whatever you want about the situation. Unlike the crybabies we are complaining about why capcom abusing the nerf hammer seems like its history repeating itself. SFIV ended up being balanced because of that, but that game is just not as fun or as exciting as older titles.

Most of the games with the crazy powerful characters have stood the test of time and remained competitive for 10 years (3S , MvC2)

Just something to think about.

Capcom mentality: If the game is broken and needs addressing on certain aspects, they go like: “Fuck it, We are just gonna nerf Ryu some more since that would make some scrubs happy. Also nerf whoever else is top tier and give some random silly nerfs across the board. Call it a day”

And sometimes people wonder why a lot of the 3S player are still playing 3S.

Well SF4 is still one of the most played fighting games in the US, second only to MvC3…