SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

Update is definitely out. Downloading now… This is the moment of truth.

It means that players are forced to actually take risks for damage. Punishment will happen a lot more frequently because of it. Also if players are too scared to throw out normals and pressure they’ll be getting tossed around by 5f throws. Makes perfectly good sense to me.

There will be more changes overall through system mechanism.

They are making things more punishable and homogenized. Basically I’m predicting the game will play out a bit more like SF4 with chains legit. Cuz in the game’s current state, most people are fishing with chains to confirm. Chaining should be more of a post-hit confirm link type of ish.

Sounds like someone pushed that update button a lil early on the PSN side. That’s pretty crazy…

EDIT: Are you guys absolutely sure about this? I don’t see why they’d update one side with balance changes for the Vita release, but not the other, and updates usually only hit on Tues/Wed. Nothing on the XBL side btw.

OMG HWOARANG’s f+mp OVER HEAD IS COMBOABLE NOW??? FUCK YEA!

I don’t know about the other chars since I don’t really care for them, Steve seems the same though.
I can no longer go from Fisherman’s Slam M/H into cr.lp xx Fisherman’s slam xx Atomic Throw. The second fisherman’s slam will whiff. Same goes after an EX Mach breaker -> cr. lp xx Fisherman’s Slam, or EX Snake Pit -> cr. HP xx Fisherman’s Slam. The M/H versions of the move lost a juggle point. ggs

…I feel like I’m being trolled. Harshly. All because I stepped out to eat and watch Big Ben throw interceptions and receivers drop shit everywhere.

Hmm… I C. Did any other changes take place UI wise or anything like that? Or just that nerf?
Maybe someone slipped and the whole update got out early? :open_mouth:
Quick test Cody’s cr.lk to confirm! :stuck_out_tongue:

So, now we can’t juggle into FSlam, and have to settle for Mach BReaker? :lame: The oki disadvantage off of Breaker is appaling. This sucks. I just hope FSlam -> crLP xx crHK still works so we can still get some hard knockdown stuff going. Could you test it?

Any major Hei changes? I wanna be prepared for when this drops on Xbox.

i’ll check for Vega/Hugo/Gief changes

not even EX Fisherman’s slam xx Atomic Throw -> Fisherman’s slam xx Atomic throw work. my favorite troll combo. ;-; rip in peace, Bryan.

so this is only psn? no xbox?

It always has been…

Just came in to say sagat nerfs…cuz ya know…he was winning fuckin everything M I RITE GAIZ!?

Dammit capcom.

Most of these nerfs r jokes. Nerfs to Hugo and health nerfs to guile? More nerfs to ryu? Wtf is going in my sfxt?

Yeah nothing on XBL yet. It’s just weird that they’d semi-update it now.

damnit I was tryin to troll in the cofusion… :frowning: .

yeah. =\ but then again the psn version is the superior and more complete version of sfxt…

Derp, 1.07. Just booted, time to check my girls ;-;

O ok then my bad i’ll go take another look at the list then
Thanks for le’ response.

About the update I think it was only the vita stuff. tried abel’s cross cancel. Its still marseille’s roll not tackle. And the input for tackle is still charge back to forward p

They might as well make Juri’s overhead comboable too. :smiley:

no changes to Gief /Hugo /Vega