SFxT General Discussion #3 - Still Alive

My thoughts exactly. You couldn’t have said better.

That’s what makes Marvel…Marvel! However, I don’t play Marvel 3 for other reasons. Marvel 2 for me was the best Marvel game ever and also one of the best fighting games ever conceived. ( I spent over a couple of grand on quarters at the arcade on that game…) But that’s not the point. I just think people are trying way too hard to compare games and never treat them as their own concept.

I don’t think SFxT has anything remotely similar to Marvel. If you think flashy combos are the similarity I hate to break it to you but every Capcom fighting game has “flashy combos”. Yes, even AE has flashy shit even my girl Rose who is mostly a zoning poking character has some flashy combos if you have the meter to burn. And the footsie game is not the same as a traditional Street Fighter game.

So its his own little concept. It has brand new mechanics that I still feel are largely unexplored. (pandora, cross assault, launcher low parry, GEMS)
and a crazy juggle system for a 2D fighter. It’s not Street Fighter and it’s definitely not Tekken. It’s his own series. I started enjoying this game when I got out of my head that is not a brand new Street Fighter or that this not Tekken on a 2D plane. It obviously gives its shoutouts to both series on the gameplay but its a brand new flavor.

Remember back in the day, how MvC2, CvS2, 3S, SFA3 coexisted? Yeah, it needs to be like that. :slight_smile:

Yes, I think each raw launcher has a different hitbox…I know Raven’s launcher has a pretty decent vertical range…which is good considering he has a shitty AA.

Yeah launchers can actually work as anti airs against opponents in certain situations it’s really character dependant though due to the hitboxes of each character’s launchers being different.
Overall I wouldn’t really recommend using it since it’s really unsafe if you whiff it, the foward movement when you use a launcher can make it tricky to line it up with your opponent, you can’t combo after the launch (hard knockdown with free partner tag in is nice though) and generally your character likely has better anti air options they can use than it.

How about if you are about to die and you have a full health anchor? I think this is the best scenario for attempting a raw launcher AA. As ballsy as it sounds…it definitely seems it could be used for this.

Heh thanks! My execution is pretty sloppy with Julia with regards to party crasher, but I appeciate the comment, yeah Asuka is pretty obscure but I loved the character since T5 so I’m happy to represent her regardless of her viability :smiley:

I need to work on DP AAing online :frowning:

Julia is my “nightmare match-up” I need to spar against a Julia player this week.

prepare to eat c.mk all day long. And launcher is soo risky because she can space it out so well YOU WHIFF!

Yeah man i remember those times! Unfortunately everyone has their head up their own anus about sfxt (ae is sooo much better it requires more skill hurrduurrrhurr).
and yes, i know thats what makes marvel marvel but because of that I can’t take competitive play too serious when i can just block>x factor> grab> death and basically just buzz around my opponents incoming till they die to win a game.

Also about raw launchers i actually only used it cuz i expected him to go low and he expected that and divekicked but it still caught him, which was awesome since my char was about to die anyways. But still knowing that u have that in your pocket is still very useful in certain situations, the more u know the better

My advice against Julia… Make her come to you. And make it difficult. If you force her to use her dash mid/low mixup, you can potentially punish her. Once you get a hit, go in on her like there’s not going to be a Super SFXT. Well, like there’s no tomorrow anyway. And she has a DP, respect it! I know from experience it sucks to eat a DP from her, since it’s easy to combo from if she switch cancels it.

People think they have sfxt entirely figured out. That’s a problem too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is why I like Heihachi’s stomp (or :b: :lk: ). Technically it doesn’t crush lows, but it seems to beat them out pretty well and leads to a full combo on hit (or even a pandora combo with certain characters since it ground bounces), is safe on block (+1), and it moves him forward quite a bit. If you whiff it you can be punished…but it’s not nearly as bad as whiffing a raw launcher (24 frames of recovery on his stomp, 54 frames of recovery on his launcher).

Also, just remembered, I wanted to ask, does her dash - overhead crush some kinds of attacks? It seems to beat out a lot of things.

This is exactly what I’m thinking of. It’d be situational, but if my character’s in against Rufus and he gets DK happy fishing for a crossup, it’d be good to have that option to get my character out for free.

Most characters I play have AA options anyway (save Law)… sigh. I just need to take this matchup in the lab for a few months lol.

Ok i wanna experiment raw launchers and moves with super armor, like marduks standing fierce and heihachis headbutt, im curious to see if it actually beats super armor cuz if it does i’m gonna change my approach on hugo tremendously, headin right to the lab when i get back home

well i know it beats Hwoarangs lows, whenever she dashes at me like that i try to just jump str8 up that why i can punish any whiffs and if she blocks it, MIXUP HELL

Hm, might be a crouching move crush. I tried to hit her out of it with Dudley’s cr. MP once and got crumpled pretty hard. And I’m certain I hit it early enough. Neutral jumping sounds like a great idea at this point.

Yeah I just hate how she can make a cr. MK safe from a launcher kinda like Cody’s bs. Honestly if I could reliably raw launcher Julia that match-up would be as easy as a Shoto. Her jump Hk is a pain in the ass to AA as well since her jump arc is kinda awkward and it hits so deep. Honestly I have no ways of getting damage on Julia without having to resort to playing by her rules and taking huge risks.

The Jules hate is making me sad :frowning:

Now you know how I feel about all the Heihachi hate. :wink:

Ye but Heihachi smells :stuck_out_tongue:

My avatar is expressing my current feelings about your comment…